Jump to topic:

Experiences you can't explain

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 12:42:11 AM
Posted: 3 days ago
Have you ever had an experience you can't explain? I am asking mostly about spiritual or religious experience, but am also interested in other experiences that are unexplainable.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 10:58:33 AM
Posted: 3 days ago
At 12/2/2016 12:42:11 AM, janesix wrote:
Have you ever had an experience you can't explain? I am asking mostly about spiritual or religious experience, but am also interested in other experiences that are unexplainable.

I have had plenty in my life, more than most I suspect, but I am of the opinion there is a natural explanation for them all.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 2:51:02 PM
Posted: 2 days ago
At 12/2/2016 10:58:33 AM, tarantula wrote:

I have had plenty in my life, more than most I suspect, but I am of the opinion there is a natural explanation for them all.

Like what?
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 3:14:35 PM

It's hard to pin down "unexplainable", because we humans are so prone to rationalizing explanation for that which we don't have an evidenced explanation. In any case, here's a small, recent one that I shared in another thread. I just chalk it up to coincidence, personally.

The battery on my phone (an archaic flip-phone) was bad, so the phone would only work for a minute or so before it died (I'd use it while on the charger). When I got the new battery, some kind of glitch happened with the sim card, and what happened was that a few past texts from random parts of random conversations were effectively "updated" as if they were just sent. The strange part was that every one of the texts affected were directly about my friend who'd very recently passed away, and these texts were not adjacent to each other in the original conversations, either.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 3:26:40 PM
At 12/2/2016 2:51:02 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/2/2016 10:58:33 AM, tarantula wrote:

Like what?

As I have mentioned before on this forum, for as long as I can remember, and I can remember back to my earliest infancy, I have had what can only have been a weird dream. I was up in heaven with god (a white light) and the angels, me being one of them (hilarious I know, LOL). God told me it was my turn to do my bit on Earth and I wasn't keen, but ended up down here anyway. That probably explains why I screamed for the first three months of my life, I was having a temper tantrum!