Jump to topic:

Joseph Smith was a greater pedo than mohammad

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 9:50:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Joseph Smith declared that whoever married him would go to heaven. In April 1841, Smith secretly wed Louisa Beaman as a plural wife, and during the next two and a half years he may have married thirty additional women, ten of whom were already married to other men,and about a third of them teenagers, including two fourteen-year-old girls.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 10:02:51 PM
Wasn't Mohammad's wife like 9? I'd say he's still the bigger pedo.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 10:03:58 PM
She was a really hot 9 year old.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 10:19:28 PM
A pedophile is a pedophile is a pedophile. Both were sick, twisted, sociopathic individuals who deserve the same respect as Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, and the like. After all, scientific studies show that sexual criminals are beyond rehabilitation, regardless of the age and gender of their victims. In summation, both men would have spent life in prison or been put to death, had they been born in modern times.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 11:54:34 PM
factoring in life expectancies during the time

Mohammeds wife was in all fairness closer to 14

Therefore Joseph smith was a bigger pedo because he had 2 chicks that age.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:33:21 AM
You guys, you fail so hard.

Neither of them is a pedo; they're exempt from such classifications on the basis of being religious prophets.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:37:07 AM
At 1/24/2011 12:33:21 AM, tvellalott wrote:

Neither of them is a pedo; they're exempt from such classifications on the basis of being religious prophets.

Is this the sort of logic that inspires people to become Catholic Priests?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:37:18 AM
lol, notice how all the definitely man-made religions have pedos for prophets. xD
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:39:02 AM
At 1/24/2011 12:37:07 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 1/24/2011 12:33:21 AM, tvellalott wrote:

Is this the sort of logic that inspires people to become Catholic Priests?

Indeed. If can rape as many little boys as you want, so long as you accept the Holy spirit.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 12:41:07 AM
At 1/23/2011 9:50:15 PM, askbob wrote:
Joseph Smith declared that whoever married him would go to heaven. In April 1841, Smith secretly wed Louisa Beaman as a plural wife, and during the next two and a half years he may have married thirty additional women, ten of whom were already married to other men,and about a third of them teenagers, including two fourteen-year-old girls.

Joseph wins because he did it before he declared doctrine, the doctrine was produced once he was captured, Emma his wife caught him with Fanny Alger in the barn. so no surprises why she kicked the trip to Utah and the church into touch with Brigham Young shouting obscenities at her.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 8:14:33 AM
At 1/23/2011 10:02:51 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
Wasn't Mohammad's wife like 9? I'd say he's still the bigger pedo.:

Muhammad's "wife" was 6 years old, but the claim is that he didn't consummate the marriage until she was 9. They must have had soooo much to talk about.

Muhammad: "So, honey, how was your day?"
Aisha: "My cat's breath smells like cat food!"
Muhammad: "Did you pay the cable like I asked?"
Aisha: "Haha! Clowns are neat!"
Muhammad: "Go make me a sammich, woman!"
Aisha: "I has a booger in my nose."
Muhammad: *sigh*
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 8:21:39 AM
At 1/23/2011 11:54:34 PM, askbob wrote:

In all fairness, girls at the age of 14 at least have boobs and are at reproductive age. 9 year old doesn't have anything :|
Open borders debate:
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 9:35:48 AM
A pedophile is someone sexually attracted to young girls under puberty and wanting them sexually. Prophet Muhammad married Aisha as a fulfillment of prophecy to assist her to becoming a leader and authoritive figure for all Muslims and islam, not for sexual reasons. So Muhammad is clearly not a pedophile and it is only the minds of perverted people who think otherwise.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 9:55:04 AM
At 1/24/2011 9:35:48 AM, Fatihah wrote:
A pedophile is someone sexually attracted to young girls under puberty and wanting them sexually. Prophet Muhammad married Aisha as a fulfillment of prophecy to assist her to becoming a leader and authoritive figure for all Muslims and islam, not for sexual reasons. So Muhammad is clearly not a pedophile and it is only the minds of perverted people who think otherwise.:

Oh, no, clearly not a pedophile. He was just "assisting" her in order to fulfill "prophecy." LOL! Okay...
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:24:29 AM
At 1/24/2011 9:55:04 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
A pedophile is someone sexually attracted to young girls under puberty and wanting them sexually. Prophet Muhammad married Aisha as a fulfillment of prophecy to assist her to becoming a leader and authoritive figure for all Muslims and islam, not for sexual reasons. So Muhammad is clearly not a pedophile and it is only the minds of perverted people who think otherwise.:

Oh, no, clearly not a pedophile. He was just "assisting" her in order to fulfill "prophecy." LOL! Okay...

Response: Exactly. And the word marriage somehow means "let's have sex" to non-Muslims yet it's Muhammad who's the pedophile? LOL! Okay....
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:27:49 AM
People we can't judge nineteenth century members by twenty-first century standards. That's like saying wow you didn't have a computer back then you must be a horrible person. That is simply an invalid assessment.

1850 Census
Of note is that 41.7% of women married as teenagers compared to only 4.1% of men. The mean age for men was more than five years older than that for women (27.6 vs. 22.5). For young women, marriage in the early to mid teens was rare, but not unheard of as both the anecdotal and statistical evidence above show. Teenage brides married a husband that averaged 6.6 +/- 4.7 (std) years older. To put that in perspective, 13% of the time the husband was over 10 years older than his teenage wife.

---Polygamy was not about sex.---

As non-Mormon church historian Ernst Benz wrote:
Mormon polygamy has nothing to do with sexual debauchery but is tied to a strict patriarchal system of family order and demonstrates in the relationship of the husband to his individual wives all the ethical traits of a Christian, monogamous marriage. It is completely focused on bearing children and rearing them in the bosom of the family and the Mormon community. Actually, it exhibits a very great measure of selflessness, a willingness to sacrifice, and a sense of duty.

Indeed, those who became Mormons were those who were least likely, culturally, to be thrilled at the prospect of polygamy:
Polygamy, when first announced to the Saints, was an offensive, disgusting doctrine, difficult to accept…The men and women who placed faith in the bona fides of the revelation were Victorian in their background and moral character. The hard test of accepting polygamy as a principle revealed and required by God selected out from the Church membership at large a basic corps of faithful members who, within the next few decades, were to be subjected to an Abraham-Isaac test administered by the federal government as God's agent.[7]

Paul Peterson's comment about the diaries of Joseph Smith resonates well in this regard:

I had not fully grasped certain aspects of the Prophet's psyche and personality. After just a few pages into Personal Writings,[9] it became clear that Joseph possessed religious dimensions that I had not understood. For one thing, it was apparent I had underestimated the depth of his dependence upon Deity. The Joseph that emerges in Personal Writings is an intensely devout and God-fearing young man who at times seems almost helpless without divine support. And his sincerity about his prophetic calling is also apparent. If others were not persuaded of his claims, it could not be said that Joseph was unconvinced that God had both called and directed him. Detractors who claim that Joseph came to like the game of playing prophet would be discomfited if they read Personal Writings. Scholars may quibble with how true his theology is, but for anyone who reads Personal Writings, his earnestness and honesty are no longer debatable points.[10]

---No plural marriage today---

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints http://www.lds.org... dos not practice polygamy today. People should look at our religion today not in the past. I could go through any religion and find questionable things in the past.

Articles of Faith
1We abelieve in bGod, the Eternal Father, and in His cSon, Jesus Christ, and in the dHoly Ghost.

2We believe that men will be apunished for their bown sins, and not for Adam's ctransgression.

3We believe that through the aAtonement of Christ, all bmankind may be csaved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4We believe that the first principles and aordinances of the Gospel are: first, bFaith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, cRepentance; third, dBaptism by eimmersion for the fremission of sins; fourth, Laying on of ghands for the hgift of the Holy Ghost.

5We believe that a man must be acalled of God, by bprophecy, and by the laying on of chands by those who are in dauthority, to epreach the Gospel and administer in the fordinances thereof.

6We believe in the same aorganization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, bprophets, cpastors, dteachers, eevangelists, and so forth.

7We believe in the agift of btongues, cprophecy, drevelation, evisions, fhealing, ginterpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8We believe the aBible to be the bword of God as far as it is translated ccorrectly; we also believe the dBook of Mormon to be the word of God.

9We believe all that God has arevealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet breveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10We believe in the literal agathering of Israel and in the restoration of the bTen Tribes; that cZion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will dreign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be erenewed and receive its fparadisiacal gglory.

11We claim the aprivilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the bdictates of our own cconscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them dworship how, where, or what they may.

12We believe in being asubject to bkings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in cobeying, honoring, and sustaining the dlaw.

13aWe believe in being bhonest, true, cchaste, dbenevolent, virtuous, and in doing egood to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we fhope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to gendure all things. If there is anything hvirtuous, ilovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Joseph Smith.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 11:27:11 AM
A pedophile is someone sexually attracted to young girls under puberty and wanting them sexually. Prophet Muhammad married Aisha as a fulfillment of prophecy to assist her to becoming a leader and authoritive figure for all Muslims and islam, not for sexual reasons. So Muhammad is clearly not a pedophile and it is only the minds of perverted people who think otherwise.

Her age is a debatable point, but you seem to accept that Muhammad had sex with a nine year old girl. Yet you also seem to justify this?

How many mental hoops must you jump through to remain a member of your club?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 11:30:05 AM
Too bad some of the Catholic priests aren't considered prophets, they could have at least gotten an honorable (or dishonorable) mention in this thread. We'll call it "others receiving votes" like at the bottom of the top 25 basketball poll :oP

Slightly OT, Why did Michael Jackson go shopping?

He heard that all childrens clothing was half off (bada bing!)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 11:33:37 AM
Response: Exactly. And the word marriage somehow means "let's have sex" to non-Muslims yet it's Muhammad who's the pedophile? LOL! Okay....:

Whatever you have to tell yourself to get through another day, brother. I'm sure he had 9 wives for the honor of it.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 11:37:23 AM
At 1/24/2011 10:51:48 AM, innomen wrote:
At 1/24/2011 10:38:37 AM, Koopin wrote:
That's nothing, many people don't know that Buddha married a Fetus!

Enter Geo.

Yeah, apparently he got the fetus pregnant and the fetus and a fetus. So when they were born the mother and daughter were the same age.
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 11:38:02 AM
At 1/24/2011 11:37:23 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/24/2011 10:51:48 AM, innomen wrote:
At 1/24/2011 10:38:37 AM, Koopin wrote:
That's nothing, many people don't know that Buddha married a Fetus!

Enter Geo.

Yeah, apparently he got the fetus pregnant and the fetus HAD a fetus. So when they were born the mother and daughter were the same age.

Fix'd
kfc
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 11:45:44 AM
There's only one way to settle this. Deflowering contest, heaven, next tuesday. Order up 72 virgins each. First one to do em all wins.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Sangers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 11:47:53 AM
At 1/24/2011 11:45:44 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
There's only one way to settle this. Deflowering contest, heaven, next tuesday. Order up 72 virgins each. First one to do em all wins.

seconded
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 11:54:00 AM
Who is the greatest pedo of them all?

It's kind of funny to call one pedo greater than another.
Robert_Weiler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 10:22:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

According to Islam's own texts she was 6 when he married her, and 9 when he had sex with her.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 12:51:52 AM
At 3/9/2015 10:22:02 PM, Robert_Weiler wrote:

According to Islam's own texts she was 6 when he married her, and 9 when he had sex with her.

Could you please provide the text, translation version & textual reference numbers for my records?

Thanks
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 4:57:45 AM
'The ceremony of marriage was intended to be a bond of love between two (families of different) surnames, with a view, in its retrospective character, to secure the services in the ancestral temple, and in its prospective character, to secure the continuance of the family line.' (Book of Rites 44.1) Any marriage that doesn't fit these conditions is not moral. That includes both Smith's and Mohammad's marriages.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 5:26:31 AM
Mary was more than likely below the age of consent in Western countries today, when the deity got her pregnant!