Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

GodSands... a legalistic, or all night raver?

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 1:46:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
We always knew Godsands was a party kind of guy! He thought he could trick us into thinking he never drinks or smokes! Liar. See his picture here http://www.debate.org...

And see this picture of a rave party I saw on the news. http://www.debate.org...
kfc
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 2:02:47 PM
At 1/30/2011 1:50:19 PM, Koopin wrote:
Before people ask, I put this in religion so Godsands will see it.

That explains it.
I miss the old members.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 2:30:00 PM
At 1/30/2011 1:46:59 PM, Koopin wrote:
We always knew Godsands was a party kind of guy! He thought he could trick us into thinking he never drinks or smokes! Liar. See his picture here http://www.debate.org...

And see this picture of a rave party I saw on the news. http://www.debate.org...:

I knew it. What a hypocrite ;)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 3:08:22 PM

And see this picture of a rave party I saw on the news. http://www.debate.org...

Innomen is there !
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 3:18:23 PM
I like the random girl with the fried chicken in her hand.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 4:42:17 PM
At 1/30/2011 3:08:22 PM, vardas0antras wrote:

Innomen is there !

Glad you noticed.
kfc
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 5:04:26 PM
GodSands is in denial of his true nature . . . he's in here too http://nunsuch.files.wordpress.com... . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 5:34:34 PM
It would be rude for me not to pay any attention to this thread and say something about it.

I can say with all honestly that I am none, neither a legalistic or a all night raver. I'm just a screw up, unstable in my moral life and inconsistent at being Christian. I don't have a lot of self control either.

Uhhhh *sigh* I know what I do is wrong, I wonder sometimes if I am actually a Christian. Based on my behavior at times, you would never guess that I was. It worries me, I generally feel depressed. Christianity is not light a fluffy, like most churches make it out to be to non-believers. Christianity from my own experiences is gritty and difficult, tough, enduring and it bring out your true side.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 7:30:04 PM
At 1/30/2011 5:34:34 PM, GodSands wrote:
It would be rude for me not to pay any attention to this thread and say something about it.

I can say with all honestly that I am none, neither a legalistic or a all night raver. I'm just a screw up, unstable in my moral life and inconsistent at being Christian. I don't have a lot of self control either.

As we can see. http://www.debate.org...
kfc
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 7:40:51 PM
At 1/30/2011 7:30:04 PM, Koopin wrote:

I think inno put something in the drink . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 8:19:00 PM
: At 1/30/2011 7:30:04 PM, Koopin wrote:

I don't think you are a Christian, out of all who claim to be on this site, you are the least I would call Christian. I am sorry. I am honest, I am sinful and I feel a million miles from God, but I cannot see that you have ever been near God.

I have been honest, I am not angry at the picture, I don't care what you do with my pictures, but you could at least respect my honesty.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 8:21:07 PM
At 1/30/2011 8:19:00 PM, GodSands wrote:

I don't think you are a Christian, out of all who claim to be on this site, you are the least I would call Christian. I am sorry. I am honest, I am sinful and I feel a million miles from God, but I cannot see that you have ever been near God.

I have been honest, I am not angry at the picture, I don't care what you do with my pictures, but you could at least respect my honesty.

Koopin is a Christin, KFCian . . . he is superior to you in every way how dare you insult his honor . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 8:21:10 PM

I feel a million miles from God,
Isn't that how you would feel if god didn't exist and you were wrong about everything?
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 8:34:49 PM
: At 1/30/2011 8:21:10 PM, Sieben wrote:

Isn't that how you would feel if god didn't exist and you were wrong about everything?

No I wouldn't feel that way at all, I would feel like I was no distance from Him, since God would be my imagination. When I say God, of course I mean passionately distant from Him, but if God does not exist then there are not objections only opinions or subjections. If there is no God, my idea of God would keep changing, I would remain stable, but if God exists, I am the one who would change, since God would and cannot.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 8:57:47 PM
At 1/30/2011 8:34:49 PM, GodSands wrote:

No I wouldn't feel that way at all, I would feel like I was no distance from Him, since God would be my imagination.
You can feel close to things in your imagination.

If there is no God, my idea of God would keep changing, I would remain stable, but if God exists, I am the one who would change, since God would and cannot.
So your proposed empirical check for god is whether ideas change, but you can't test it because you might be the one changing.
Things that are so interesting:

ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 9:51:43 PM

Dude, holier than thou much?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 11:29:19 PM
: At 1/30/2011 9:51:43 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:

Dude, holier than thou much?

Why are you saying that, you aren't meant to believe in holiness.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 6:37:04 AM

Uhhhh *sigh* I know what I do is wrong, I wonder sometimes if I am actually a Christian. Based on my behavior at times, you would never guess that I was. It worries me, I generally feel depressed. Christianity is not light a fluffy, like most churches make it out to be to non-believers. Christianity from my own experiences is gritty and difficult, tough, enduring and it bring out your true side.:

GodSands, you are torturing yourself with things you cannot measure up to. God's standards are impossible to meet. Don't believe me? Then why did he send your Lord and Saviour in the first place?

Your religion is killing you, and it's making you miserable.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 10:05:50 AM

That's perfectly fine, you're mostly wrong about everything so this statement is no biggie. I would encourage you to read your bible though.
kfc
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 11:00:50 AM
: At 1/31/2011 10:05:50 AM, Koopin wrote:

That's perfectly fine, you're mostly wrong about everything so this statement is no biggie. I would encourage you to read your bible though.

I can't refute what you said last :).
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 11:04:25 AM
At 1/31/2011 6:37:04 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Uhhhh *sigh* I know what I do is wrong, I wonder sometimes if I am actually a Christian. Based on my behavior at times, you would never guess that I was. It worries me, I generally feel depressed. Christianity is not light a fluffy, like most churches make it out to be to non-believers. Christianity from my own experiences is gritty and difficult, tough, enduring and it bring out your true side.:

GodSands, you are torturing yourself with things you cannot measure up to. God's standards are impossible to meet. Don't believe me? Then why did he send your Lord and Saviour in the first place?

God does not require of us more than we can carry on our backs. He is not to blame for the fact that we wish for wealth in paper rather than wealth in the heart. How do you define "God's standards"?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 11:11:16 AM
: At 1/31/2011 6:37:04 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Not all of the time am I miserable, it isn't Christianity which makes me miserable, it is the understanding of sin that does. But of course sin in a non-believers life is not related to the holiness of God, and therefore sin for a non-believer doesn't exist. How can you know one side of a story fully without knowing the other side fully? Same concept, I was brought out of the grasp of sin's power on my life, because I experienced God, now I know sin and God, thus I know truth. Truth is not just the positive side, it is also the negative side. I cannot know God without knowing sin.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 12:21:32 PM
At 1/31/2011 11:11:16 AM, GodSands wrote:

I cannot know God without knowing sin.

You don't believe Jesus took away your sins?
kfc
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 12:43:20 PM

Not all of the time am I miserable, it isn't Christianity which makes me miserable, it is the understanding of sin that does. But of course sin in a non-believers life is not related to the holiness of God, and therefore sin for a non-believer doesn't exist. How can you know one side of a story fully without knowing the other side fully? Same concept, I was brought out of the grasp of sin's power on my life, because I experienced God, now I know sin and God, thus I know truth. Truth is not just the positive side, it is also the negative side. I cannot know God without knowing sin.

I know the other side, I was there. I was where you were, so I can relate. It is all emotion and finding patterns where there are none.

The problem with someone of a religious mind set is that they feel guilty about things that really don't matter. Things that they think are sins, when really, these sins are not that big of a deal.

When you don't have god, there are still "sins" as in, there are still things you do which may make you feel guilty. That is all a sin is. An action or inaction which makes you feel guilty. The false gods of religion will use your guilt of sin to control you. They will attempt to pile on more sins, because the more guilty you feel, the more low you feel, the easier it is for these false gods to enslave you. Why are these gods false? Because they only exist in the minds of the believers.

You do not need a god man to forgive you of your sins... God already does this, and has been doing this since the start. It is the reason why god hasn't struck you down yet. God doesn't even really give a sh!t. He cares about the individual about as much as you might care about the speck of dust riding on top of a worker in an ant farm. All that praying, crying, kneeling down, praising stuff you do means absolutely nothing to the God who exists in actuality. Really, you've just fallen for one of God's practical jokes.

You don't need a god telling you what to do or feel guilty about to subscribe to secular humanism either. Really, all you need to do to be a moral person without god is be a decent human being. I mean, not killing people or taking people's stuff is just common courtesy if you ask me.

So go on and eat all the KFC while drinking and raving. If you are going to drink, just be responsible about whether or not you should get behind the wheel. XP
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:13:55 PM
At 1/31/2011 12:43:20 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I know the other side, I was there. I was where you were, so I can relate. It is all emotion and finding patterns where there are none.

The problem with someone of a religious mind set is that they feel guilty about things that really don't matter. Things that they think are sins, when really, these sins are not that big of a deal.

When you don't have god, there are still "sins" as in, there are still things you do which may make you feel guilty. That is all a sin is. An action or inaction which makes you feel guilty. The false gods of religion will use your guilt of sin to control you. They will attempt to pile on more sins, because the more guilty you feel, the more low you feel, the easier it is for these false gods to enslave you. Why are these gods false? Because they only exist in the minds of the believers.

You do not need a god man to forgive you of your sins... God already does this, and has been doing this since the start. It is the reason why god hasn't struck you down yet. God doesn't even really give a sh!t. He cares about the individual about as much as you might care about the speck of dust riding on top of a worker in an ant farm. All that praying, crying, kneeling down, praising stuff you do means absolutely nothing to the God who exists in actuality. Really, you've just fallen for one of God's practical jokes.

You don't need a god telling you what to do or feel guilty about to subscribe to secular humanism either. Really, all you need to do to be a moral person without god is be a decent human being. I mean, not killing people or taking people's stuff is just common courtesy if you ask me.

So go on and eat all the KFC while drinking and raving. If you are going to drink, just be responsible about whether or not you should get behind the wheel. XP

I agree with most of this. Plus there is no sin from drinking.
I mean when people gave jesus water wasn't he all "fvck that sh!t I want some WINE!"-magic god power- if wine was immoral and jesus never sinned, he would not have done that.

In any case GS I know how you feel. I have been there to the point of near suicide. I put on a facade of being an ideal believer, no doubt, read the bible (repeatedly, I'd get done and start again right away), prayed daily, church 3 times a week, etc etc. But inside I was dying, I felt like I was completely despised, I felt like just breathing was immoral of me in his eyes. I felt like I couldn't do anything right. That everyone, even god hated me.
Most of the things that made me think that god couldn't love me
1) questioning faith- I couldn't really believe it, so I tried. Tried reading, studying, tried to pray for answers etc.
2) my same sex attraction- though I never admitted it, never acted on it, never did anything to really indulge in it, it was there, and it was killing me from the inside out.
3) my fascination in other beliefs to the point of wanting to study them- Wicca, Satanism, Buddhism, Judaism, Atheism, Hinduism, Islam, and Taoism to name a few.
4) My innate feelings- anger, depression, even happiness, jealousy, and even guilt, made me feel like I was just horrible.

Those were the biggest things that led me to feel like I was hated. Those were the things I hated about myself everyday and thought about everynight that made me wonder why god would hate me enough to make me feel and think the way I do.

I'm sorry GS but I do have to say it never got better. Not until I dropped that religion and accepted who I was.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:36:55 PM
At 1/31/2011 1:13:55 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/31/2011 12:43:20 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I agree with most of this. Plus there is no sin from drinking.
I mean when people gave jesus water wasn't he all "fvck that sh!t I want some WINE!"-magic god power- if wine was immoral and jesus never sinned, he would not have done that.

In any case GS I know how you feel. I have been there to the point of near suicide. I put on a facade of being an ideal believer, no doubt, read the bible (repeatedly, I'd get done and start again right away), prayed daily, church 3 times a week, etc etc. But inside I was dying, I felt like I was completely despised, I felt like just breathing was immoral of me in his eyes. I felt like I couldn't do anything right. That everyone, even god hated me.
Most of the things that made me think that god couldn't love me
1) questioning faith- I couldn't really believe it, so I tried. Tried reading, studying, tried to pray for answers etc.
2) my same sex attraction- though I never admitted it, never acted on it, never did anything to really indulge in it, it was there, and it was killing me from the inside out.
3) my fascination in other beliefs to the point of wanting to study them- Wicca, Satanism, Buddhism, Judaism, Atheism, Hinduism, Islam, and Taoism to name a few.
4) My innate feelings- anger, depression, even happiness, jealousy, and even guilt, made me feel like I was just horrible.

Those were the biggest things that led me to feel like I was hated. Those were the things I hated about myself everyday and thought about everynight that made me wonder why god would hate me enough to make me feel and think the way I do.

I'm sorry GS but I do have to say it never got better. Not until I dropped that religion and accepted who I was.

All this stuff can go both ways. If I lived the life of bondage GS lived, I could see why he feels this way. Same with some Atheist. Some people realize that without God they are gonna have fun for a few years then die. This makes some people feel really bad.
Whatever religion or belief there is, someone's gonna mentally hurt. I'm just glad I live the life of freedom in Christ. I could drink alcohol and smoke without sinning. If Godsands thinks it's a sin he should do them. But when it comes to other Christians I'd say " All things are permissible to me but not all things are beneficial."
kfc
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 2:13:52 PM
God does not require of us more than we can carry on our backs. He is not to blame for the fact that we wish for wealth in paper rather than wealth in the heart.:

Of course he would be to blame. Did humans create themselves? It's a gigantic scam, if true. God creates man imperfect, then blames him for being imperfect. Astonishing!

How do you define "God's standards"?:

Whatever the Law is.

In Christian theology it is taught that Jesus came as a propitiation for sin, since man is incapable of keeping the entirety of Law. You have a differing theology, but I'm addressing GodSands who is a Christian.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 2:19:16 PM
Not all of the time am I miserable, it isn't Christianity which makes me miserable, it is the understanding of sin that does.:

Or the misunderstanding.
How can you know one side of a story fully without knowing the other side fully?:

I was a Christian, and I know EXACTLY what you're going through. You don't realize just how miserable you are because you live in it day in and day out. And I know the joy it brings too, but there is a vicious cycle in all of that. It's like trying to please a disapproving father.

Truth is not just the positive side, it is also the negative side. I cannot know God without knowing sin.:

What God called sin is no more, lest you stone to death disobedient children and abstain from shellfish and pork.