Jump to topic:

Cosmic Alfonzoism: The Subject Of Humor

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 4:53:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Part of an ongoing series where I reveal the secrets of the Cosmicominon to you all.

Send me all your money.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 5:35:08 PM
Text transcription for those who do not wish to partake in joyful enlightening ecstasy that the video will provide.

The human brain is a natural pattern finding machine.. It is said that when the brain recognizes an unexpected pattern, it is found to be funny.

I don't there is an evolutionary purpose to this(as there really isn't an evolutionary purpose to anything), but it is certainly a by product of human intelligence.

Why do some people find one thing funny, while others find that same thing to be unfunny? People might not recognize the same patterns.. Most of it I think has to do with a closed mind.. The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it is open.

For example, I find the album "Trout Mask Replica" by Captain Beefheart to be pants shittingly hilarious, while someone else might listen to it, and dismiss it as a bunch of noise and crap. If that same person opened their mind, and listened to it as if it wasn't a bunch of wanking dissonance, they might see the humor in it.

If you have a truly open mind, and see everything as art, you tend to have a good sense of humor. You really start to see your place in the grand scheme of things. You are more aware of what is going on around you, and as a result perceive more patterns... Especially unexpected ones. Thus, you tend to laugh more, and you have a better sense of humor. You see how absurd the world is. It becomes hard to take anything that seriously.

That variable unaccounted for ends up being your best friend, a way of life even. A great source of amusement... A teacher even. Some people think it is random chaos.. Some people think it is god.. Really, it is just the limits of our own perception smacking us in the face. There is something intrinsically funny about it.

Without humor, life would not be worth living.

You pretty much need to lie to yourself in order to give your life meaning.

Life without humor is so bleak.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 5:49:15 PM
So, should I convert?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 6:47:31 PM
Yes
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 6:47:51 PM
Or I'll fly a plane into your house.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 7:07:15 PM
At 2/2/2011 6:47:51 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Or I'll fly a plane into your house.

I live down south, you won't even get within 5 feet of my state for we have the redneck border guard and a hero known only as Super Koopin, and here's his theme song.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.