EVERY CHRISTIAN MUST SEE.... This video

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 10:09:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh fvck
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 12:49:29 AM
Intense
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 8:38:22 AM
At 2/3/2011 12:49:29 AM, Jarjar3000 wrote:
Intense

This is how I imagine you to be. Intense is not the word I would use, rather, completely retarded.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 1:12:56 PM
At 2/2/2011 10:09:21 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Oh fvck

?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 8:58:39 AM
Nice. I love this video.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 9:28:08 AM
Has it ever occurred to anyone that he might need a dose of his own medicine? Does anyone here believe the man in the video is sinless?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 11:24:40 AM
At 2/5/2011 9:28:08 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Has it ever occurred to anyone that he might need a dose of his own medicine? Does anyone here believe the man in the video is sinless?

He's not. I'm not. You're not. No one is sinless. Christians just TRY to follow Christ's footsteps and be perfect, but we'll never be perfect. Trying is all that matters.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
tigg13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:33:30 PM
At 2/5/2011 11:24:40 AM, Charles0103 wrote:

He's not. I'm not. You're not. No one is sinless. Christians just TRY to follow Christ's footsteps and be perfect, but we'll never be perfect. Trying is all that matters.

How hard do you have to try, though? Suppose you think you're trying hard enough but you're not. Remember, this is a God that started out expecting us to be perfect, do you really think that His standards are going to be any more realistic with you than they were with the Jews? Do you have any reason to think that anyone has ever or will ever achieve salvation?
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 12:38:45 PM
At 2/5/2011 12:33:30 PM, tigg13 wrote:

How hard do you have to try, though? Suppose you think you're trying hard enough but you're not. Remember, this is a God that started out expecting us to be perfect, do you really think that His standards are going to be any more realistic with you than they were with the Jews? Do you have any reason to think that anyone has ever or will ever achieve salvation?

Yes. You try as hard as you possibly can. No more, no less. But it's all about hating sin and following Jesus's example to the absolute best of our ability. God being an all knowing God, knows our limits and our abilites. However, we are all seen as equals at judgement. It simply boils down to who commited his life to Jesus.
tigg13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 2:02:45 PM
At 2/5/2011 12:38:45 PM, Charles0103 wrote:

Yes. You try as hard as you possibly can. No more, no less. But it's all about hating sin and following Jesus's example to the absolute best of our ability. God being an all knowing God, knows our limits and our abilites. However, we are all seen as equals at judgement. It simply boils down to who commited his life to Jesus.

But how much of your life do you have to commit to Jesus? Scripture says we should give up all that we own, quit our jobs, abandon our friends and family and live only for Jesus. Is this what we need to do? Does the key to salvation lie in complete self denial?

If this is so, why even bother to create us? Why give us free choice if we're never supposed to use it? Why give us skills and talents and a thirst for knowledge if we're not supposed to achieve anything for ourselves? Why allow us to feel love for each other if we're only supposed to love God.

This is a cruel and sadistic tyrant that you follow.
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 11:16:03 AM
At 2/5/2011 2:02:45 PM, tigg13 wrote:

But how much of your life do you have to commit to Jesus? Scripture says we should give up all that we own, quit our jobs, abandon our friends and family and live only for Jesus. Is this what we need to do? Does the key to salvation lie in complete self denial?

No, not necessarily. Many in the early church in the book of Acts had jobs but were still active members in the church. We only hear about the tales of Luke and Barnabas who gave up their entire lives.

If this is so, why even bother to create us? Why give us free choice if we're never supposed to use it? Why give us skills and talents and a thirst for knowledge if we're not supposed to achieve anything for ourselves? Why allow us to feel love for each other if we're only supposed to love God.

The word "Christian" means "one like Christ" or "one who follows Christ." Your goal is to be sinless (even though it's impossible). Jesus was sinless and perfect, and that's what we're trying to mimic. Do we have to go all John the Baptist and live in the desert and wear camel skins? No. We can be like Christ in our everyday lives. The whole point is to TRY AS HARD AS POSSIBLE to not sin and to love unconditionally.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 6:26:44 PM
: At 2/5/2011 11:24:40 AM, Charles0103 wrote:

Faith in Him is all that matters. I believe that speech which he made is based some what off of Paul Washer's sermons. Very good, he really put what it means to follow Jesus Christ in perspective. Jesus Christ is either nothing or everything to the Christian. And if they believe Jesus Christ rules over some of their life, they are delusional, falsified and not saved in the slightest. Of course, you who aren't saved yet think you are, will believe that you understand, yet do not. And you who willingly know you do not believe, just don't get it.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 6:44:02 PM
Maybe this video will light a fire under some @sses.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 6:49:24 PM
To most so called "believers" watching this, it is like a guy screaming, "You are a pooooosie fake @ss b!tch foo!" repeatedly in your face.

He's right, ain't he? You don't want to be a pooooooooosie do you?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 7:02:26 PM
At 2/6/2011 6:49:24 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
To most so called "believers" watching this, it is like a guy screaming, "You are a pooooosie fake @ss b!tch foo!" repeatedly in your face.

He's right, ain't he? You don't want to be a pooooooooosie do you?

What you on about? Haha.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 7:24:40 PM
At 2/6/2011 11:16:03 AM, Charles0103 wrote:

No, not necessarily. Many in the early church in the book of Acts had jobs but were still active members in the church. We only hear about the tales of Luke and Barnabas who gave up their entire lives.

The word "Christian" means "one like Christ" or "one who follows Christ." Your goal is to be sinless (even though it's impossible). Jesus was sinless and perfect, and that's what we're trying to mimic. Do we have to go all John the Baptist and live in the desert and wear camel skins? No. We can be like Christ in our everyday lives. The whole point is to TRY AS HARD AS POSSIBLE to not sin and to love unconditionally.

You have completely missed the point here. How do we know what is sin and what isn't? Scripture tells us to do many things most Christians say are morally wrong. Have you ever read the article "Why can't I own a Canadian?". Also, if God created us, then why did he create us to WANT to sin? If he is testing us he is being cruel and sadistic as Tigg said.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 7:32:12 PM
At 2/6/2011 7:24:40 PM, rogue wrote:

You have completely missed the point here. How do we know what is sin and what isn't? Scripture tells us to do many things most Christians say are morally wrong. Have you ever read the article "Why can't I own a Canadian?". Also, if God created us, then why did he create us to WANT to sin? If he is testing us he is being cruel and sadistic as Tigg said.

Does anyone actually listen when a Christian tells you what they believe?

That is your perspective only.

OT does not equal NT. Regardless of what you think or want to believe.

I don't want to sin, and I doubt anyone other Christian does either. So basically your entire post was nothing more then what you think, NOTHING more.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
tigg13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 9:39:25 PM
At 2/6/2011 11:16:03 AM, Charles0103 wrote:

But how can you be sure that you've given up enough? How would you feel if you wound up going to hell because you owned 1 too many shirts or fell just a couple of hours short in prayer?

My point in asking this is that, if you yourself can't be sure that you've met God's expectations then how do I know that you're really a true Christian?

Now you're contradicting yourself. Why couldn't you live in the desert and wear camel skins? If it's possible to do that and you're supposed to try as hard as possible, then why aren't you doing that? You mentioned folks in the early church that had jobs - how do you know that any of those people ever made it to heaven?

Show me where it says in scripture that you don't actually have to do what God commands you to do, you just have to TRY.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 9:47:25 PM
Wow that is a great video, powerful stuff, I respect his focus, eloquence and dedication.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.