Jump to topic:

Roomate

Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:13:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you had to pick one of the following to be your room mate which would you pick and why?

Buddha
Joseph Smith
Muhammad
The Pope
Richard Dawkins
Jesus
Or.........Tom Cruise
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:19:59 PM
At 2/3/2011 9:13:00 PM, Jarjar3000 wrote:
If you had to pick one of the following to be your room mate which would you pick and why?

Buddha
Joseph Smith
Muhammad
The Pope
Richard Dawkins
Jesus
Or.........Tom Cruise:

All of them, so I can murder them, bury them, and set free the masses.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:22:46 PM

Buddha -- I'd like to question him relentlessly, of course.
Richard Dawkins -- We agree on a lot but I'd like to see how he reacts to other atheists during conversation since I've only seen his interactions with theists.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
tigg13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:23:29 PM

Buddha
Joseph Smith
Muhammad
The Pope
Richard Dawkins
Jesus
Or.........Tom Cruise

NOT TOM CRUISE!

Anything but Tom Cruise!

I'd rather share a closet with Jeffrey Dahlmer and Martha Stewart than a luxury suite with Tom Cruise.

I'd pick Buddha. He's the most likely to just sit quietly on his side other room. Plus he'd probably do funny things like trying to clap with one hand and stuff.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:24:29 PM
I like any of them... except Joseph Smith.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:32:46 PM
Muhammad... I guess I'm pretty biased.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:33:02 PM
At 2/3/2011 9:32:46 PM, m93samman wrote:
Muhammad... I guess I'm pretty biased.
and Jesus
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:50:48 PM
Buddha

Well, nothing to complain about here.

Joseph Smith

He'd probably steal all of my dishes.

Muhammad

Too violent. And would probably cockblock me from all the college girls.

The Pope

Richard Dawkins

I find it funny that you put Dawkins in the same rank as all the other figures, but it would be kinda weird rooming with him

Jesus

He would just condemn everything I do. No parties, no drinking, no chicks, no drugs, TOTAL BUZZ KILL.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:53:51 PM
dawkins would no doubt be an arrogant pr*ck. lol. of all of those i think buddha would make the best roomate.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:54:26 PM
At 2/3/2011 9:50:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Jesus
No parties, no drinking

umm... I don't think so.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:55:19 PM
Sigged
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:55:47 PM
More like:

Jesus = infinite kegger
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 10:06:32 PM
At 2/3/2011 9:54:26 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Jesus
No parties, no drinking

umm... I don't think so.

True that, but the Christians version of Jesus is anti-party and drinking.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 10:35:52 PM
How is Jesus a party pooper ? he goes to parties and turns water into wine.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 11:56:46 PM
At 2/3/2011 9:22:46 PM, annhasle wrote:

Buddha -- I'd like to question him relentlessly, of course.
Richard Dawkins -- We agree on a lot but I'd like to see how he reacts to other atheists during conversation since I've only seen his interactions with theists.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:40:03 AM

He would just condemn everything I do. No parties, no drinking...

Fun fact: Jesus was condemned for being a "glutton and a drunkard". lol
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:45:55 AM
At 2/4/2011 12:40:03 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

That's interesting. Do you got any Bible verses? lol
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:47:59 AM
At 2/4/2011 12:45:55 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/4/2011 12:40:03 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

That's interesting. Do you got any Bible verses? lol

Matthew 11:18-19, Luke 7:33-34
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:52:46 AM
Yeah, I just looked those up now. I also learned that when Jesus turned water into wine at the wedding, the guests were already wasted, LOL!
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:03:55 AM

Buddha

Hell yes dude, Buddha would be awesome to hang with. He'd be pulling practical jokes on me all the time, and just being around him would probably make it easier to take myself less seriously. When I get too serious about being unserious, or too serious about just about anything for that matter, it only causes me pain, misery, paranoia, and... well.. Let's just say Buddha would be cool to hang with because we're pretty much on the same wavelength.

Joseph Smith

Too full of sh!t, and too serious about it. If you are going to be full of sh!t, at least make it clear that you are full of it.

Muhammad

Repeat, Joseph Smoth

The Pope

You know, the pope is probably the most full of sh!t one out of ALL of these people, but anyone who wears a stupid hat like that, and rides in the back of the stupidest looking car in the world can't be that serious. I bet the seriousness is part of the act.

Plus hell, anyone who is sufficiently educated in religion HAS to know that... well.. you know... It's all just a joke... If the Pope is suppose.. You know, fvck it, I bet he's a wanker.

Richard Dawkins

He's funny, but his delivery sucks. I wouldn't mind living with him, help him lighten up a bit. Seems like a reasonable fellow.

Jesus

3 words, Water into wine

Or.........Tom Cruise

.... You know, Scientology is the greatest practical joke of the 20th century. Take a religion that is OBVIOUSLY made up horsecock, KILL and harass people so that it becomes OBVIOUS that the religion itself knows it is evil, and then force people to pay a retarded amount of money so YOU KNOW that they are serious...

Hell no dude, I would not trust a scientologist. No way, you have to be a special breed of stupid mutherfucker... Either that or flat out evil.. It doesn't even have the excuse that thousands of years have corrupted the true church, because the religion is like NOT EVEN 100 YEARS OLD.

I'd probably wake up in the middle of the night with straws taped to my head, an icy, yet bloody bandage wrapped around where my appendix is supposed to be, and Tom Cruise dancing around with said appendix in a hula skirt, claiming that he's finally at a high enough level of Scientology to reach immortality, he just needed an appendix for part of the spell.

*gasp for air*

Holy shitballs

Anyway, I'd probably pick Buddha and Jesus.. Jesus because he can turn water into wine, and Buddha because he'd probably make fun of me for being a drunk instead of nah me about it. Plus, he'd be a real laugh and a half to hang around.

Both would be party animals I imagine.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:04:09 AM
Yeah, I think I retract my statement about Jesus, haha. He's def a partier, even a party crasher as it's been said that he would show up to meal gatherings uninvited.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:08:10 AM
At 2/4/2011 12:52:46 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Yeah, I just looked those up now. I also learned that when Jesus turned water into wine at the wedding, the guests were already wasted, LOL!

Dude, how long have I been pointing that out?

Seriously, Jesus was a party animal, no lie.

AFTER they had drank all the wine! AND his magical gypsy wine was BETTER than the wine they had before.

Jesus was full of sh!t, and he was obviously full of sh!t. He was a total zen master.

Think about it, his disciples went to him to learn, and he told them to go from town to town healing the sick and casting out demons.

He was yanking their d!cks the whole time, and they were too stupid to realize it.

Basically, Christianity is all a big practical joke.. The more serious and devoted you are to it, the bigger tool you are. It shows you didn't get the joke.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:18:32 AM
At 2/4/2011 1:08:10 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 2/4/2011 12:52:46 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Dude, how long have I been pointing that out?

Seriously, Jesus was a party animal, no lie.

AFTER they had drank all the wine! AND his magical gypsy wine was BETTER than the wine they had before.

Jesus was full of sh!t, and he was obviously full of sh!t. He was a total zen master.

Think about it, his disciples went to him to learn, and he told them to go from town to town healing the sick and casting out demons.

He was yanking their d!cks the whole time, and they were too stupid to realize it.

Basically, Christianity is all a big practical joke.. The more serious and devoted you are to it, the bigger tool you are. It shows you didn't get the joke.

Trust me, I know that Christianity doesn't properly represent Christ, I made a whole debate about how Christianity is an attack on Jesus Christ, see here: http://www.debate.org...

I just wasn't aware that the Bible actually referred to him as a drunkard, party crasher.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:23:42 AM
Hahahah you guys are all one big Joke, Cosmic isn't actually a real person, he is a joke that took a life of its own, and now he is out of control. Were going to have to call Zordon to get the rangers down here pronto to take care of this.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:29:50 AM
I think his closest disciples were probably in on the joke. The ones who got it.

Of course, by talking about it at all, I've fvcked up. It's like explaining a joke to people.. That's what I'm doing. I'm making the mistake of caring too much. I'm taking it too seriously.

Try living with people who don't get the joke. People with no sense of humor. They are miserable people. They take everything too seriously.

Most people would stop trying to cast demons out after they fail to do it the first time... Most people realize that faith healing doesn't work after their loved one dies.. Few people realize that prayer does little more than make you more arrogant. Very few still understand that GOD IS A PRACTICAL JOKE.

Basically religion is a big test on a person's honesty. The irony about religion is, it promises all these things, it threatens you with all these punishments, and it claims it is the way.. But in reality, Religion is an illusion by the true devil... The people who are religious, THEY ARE ALREADY IN HELL.. and it is because of their lack of faith.. They don't actually believe in what they say they do. THEY ARE FULL OF SH!T. They are PHONY.

The thing is, most of them are too asleep to even realize it. They don't even realize they are being dishonest, they don't even realize they are lying to themselves.

They are gullible fools. Their willful ignorance, stupidity, gullibility, and naivety is what makes the world go around. Every single economic system, every single government, every single instrument of control relies on this....

What would the world be like without these people? That is something else entirely for the brain to jab at.

</drunken rant>
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:31:04 AM
Oh, and it isn't just religion either. Don't get trapped in the symbolism.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:35:37 AM
By the way, I love these people.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 2:09:18 AM

Buddha
Joseph Smith
Muhammad
The Pope
Richard Dawkins
Jesus
Or.........Tom Cruise

I'd like to be roommates with The Pope, Dawkins and Jesus.

Dawkins and Jesus could gang up on the Pope, and then I would proceed to give him a noogie.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 8:29:58 AM
At 2/4/2011 2:09:18 AM, Freeman wrote:

Buddha
Joseph Smith
Muhammad
The Pope
Richard Dawkins
Jesus
Or.........Tom Cruise

I'd like to be roommates with The Pope, Dawkins and Jesus.

Dawkins and Jesus could gang up on the Pope, and then I would proceed to give him a noogie.

Hahahaha!!!!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 10:05:09 AM
Joseph Smith. He had more wives than he could keep happy, so plenty of girls running away crying and ready for a rebound. Even I can't be socially awkward enough to miss em all.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.