Total Posts:107|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Simply put; Christianity.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:57:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Part one]

Or you could say, mere Christianity. Also a name of one of C.S. Lewis' books.

I am going to explain very clearly what Christianity is, and if you want to argue about the credibility of Christianity, then do. Also if you don't understand, take a humble approach and ask honorably, that will show you have a will to learn, not just to simply bicker and argue.

It is difficult to know where the best place is to begin, some people prefer to start with Genesis 1:1, I guess by starting at that verse, it settles to all that God is all powerful, in charge and the focus of the picture. In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth. Man doesn't enter the scene for another 6 days.

Others tend to start with the statement that man is sinful, this gets across that man is in need for salvation, hence that sin is evil, and sin can only be real if God is real. Otherwise morality is just an illusion. The concept of morality would just be as real as pain and pleasure.

However I will not steam from those two statements. Christianity is solely based around God and nothing else. The salvation of the human race is not so much as the human race, but it is all about the reputation of God - that is very important to remember in Christianity.

So what is Christianity? Ever asked yourself, or have you just gone by what you think you know, without testing your own understanding against true Christianity, true biblical Christianity?

Before I go further I have to say, I am writing about something that I myself contend with. Everyday for me is a moral struggle. A true Christian (a Christian) will struggle with sin, but he will not be slave to sin. I myself struggle, wrestle, tackle and engage sin head on.

So let me get started. I will explain what Christianity is about, but of course there is limited space. So much will not be explained, however the most vital parts will be.

Christianity is the result of God giving man a free will and then God coming to rescue man from Himself because of mans own pride and self righteousness. Christianity takes man, transforms him by reflecting Himself (God) against that persons own life. It is the rejection of humility and faith that one has which stops God being able to save. Self righteousness is the notion that morality is justified right or wrong based on a persons standards, not on God's. Pride (in this sense) is the notion that what is done morality, is done well based on your own efforts.

So pride and self righteousness make a strong force when together, in fact they can only coexist together. You cannot have one and not the other.

Christianity is the force that gives reason for man to be disarmed of these human attributes. Of course there are more, but pride and self righteousness are the two big ones. So how does Christianity disarm us of these humanistic characteristics?

It is not simple to explain, since one must acknowledge he is wrong, it is a team effort between Christianity/Jesus Christ and self, but in which is caused by God's Grace. By me explaining to you what Christianity is, won't make you convert, this isn't a case of ignorance, but more of a case of arrogance and denial. Much like in the same way, if I were to tell you that you had a horrific disease, yet based on your pride, you choose to ignore or argue the case that you are going to die. Christianity is no different to that analogy.

So, in short we have resigned against God, we have oppressed the truth, hidden it and lost it in and among self denial. Convincing our that we are not in denial, causing ourselves to deny that we are in denial, leading to self sanctification and righteousness, pride and godlessness.

How then can we return to God? Perhaps we could replenish (make ourselves godly) ourselves by doing good? Let's examine this possible way to sanctification.

If we are godless, desolate, sinful men and woman, what would a good deed do? What God are we talking about here? Would be a more of a appropriate question. The Christian God is absolute in every way. Holy means wholeness, God is whole and complete in every way. In His goodness He is perfect, there is not a spot of blame to be found on Him. And by His absolute properties, He is made self consistent. Going by logic, it is impossible to reach God through our own works and good deeds. We cannot be half absolute and there is no such thing as being half godly, if there is no such thing as being half godly or for that matter, any mathematical amount of percentage in terms of being godly, then we cannot be godly at all through our own words, because God is absolute and we aren't.

This leads to the next stage in the quest of understanding Christianity. However we still have that old question; how can we be saved from our sin? This part seems emotion and sassy, but trust me, that side does not convert anyone into being a true Christian, it will probably change people into believing they are a Christian, people who are emotionally weak and irrational. However that is not to say it should be ignored, just not the centre of what is happening. And by now, I am guessing you know just what I am talking about.

That's right...The justification of God: Because God is loving He is therefore just. People say, "How can a loving God send so many people to hell, it's like killing puppies and kittens." This is far from what is happening, men like to over state themselves better than what they are. If men like to think that they are taller than what they really are, how much so do you think men will big themselves up over their self dignity? Ask a friend next time you see them, "Are you a good person?" Almost all of the time they will say yes. In fact the only time I have had people say that they are not is when they have realised what I will ask them next.

Everyone thinks they are good, it's true. People do not know God's standards, and therefore they cannot compare to them, people believe it is far more fairer to compare whether someone is good based on what is good or evil in common societies, yet even prisoners believe they are good people. It never ends, our pride and self righteousness is formed well in all of us.

So back to God's love. We are sent to hell because God is love, the best analogy I have heard so far is of a good and loving judge. A good and loving judge will not be good and loving to a criminal, for if he was, the criminal would not be condemned. To justify the wicked is to free the condemned. We have a problem, like it or not. We are the condemned!

There is the historical side to how God free us through grace, which is symbolic and political. I will not focus on that area, but I will of the theological side. The theological side is the part you really need to know, although the historical side is still very much important, I just don't have much room.

God does something very smart and clever in going about destroying sin of it's power, God does not set us free directly for if that was the case, we wouldn't have to have faith. God destroyed sin and in doing so we are able to have faith justifiably.

A Christian has faith in Jesus Christ. Why? Jesus Christ is God according to the Gospels, this gives Jesus Christ authority over all, it also gives someone a reason to have faith In Jesus Christ. Having faith in Jesus Christ is not to simply acknowledge historically what He has done, to do so is simply misunderstanding Scripture,to do so is to take the true payment principles and reduce them down to physical suffering, and don't get me wrong, Jesus' physical suffering is not unimportant, Christ's suffering is in fact very symbolic to the extent that Jesus shed His blood for our sin. Yet it alone does not justify a sinner being set free from sin's power over their life.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:58:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
[Part two]

People often ask, "If Jesus Christ has really settled and won the battle over sin, why then do Christians still continue to sin?"

The answer is simple, God has not ruled away the physical impact that sin has to Christians lives, but God has taken away it's power in the lives of Christians, in that sin has no authority over them. Sin for a Christian is a mere inconvenience which creates the illusion that their fault, their actions are still yet to be justified. When a Christian sins, a conviction (which can vary due to the Christians passion at the time) crops up, being surrounded by things that encourage sinful behavior can blanket the reality of the Christians true acknowledgement of sinful behavior. It can cause a behavior in the Christian that is ungodly, causing the prospect to sin remarkably more comfortable. In my personal experience of this, this behavior can last for weeks if not months.

Simply what God did:

Now I am going to break the ice, enough talk, let me tell you what God has done to deliver you from the power of sin.

In Psalm 5:5 it is written that God cannot justify the wicked, and that He cannot condemn the innocent. This is crucial to understand if you want or desire to understand the rest of Christianity (but to be saved, it is not necessary to know, since we are saved by grace and grace alone).

I have therefore verified that God cannot dismiss the wicked and that He cannot condemn the innocent. We are one of those, we are either innocent or we are either wicked. So lets examine; God is Holy, good, just, loving and righteous, we (you) are none of those most honourable properties. We are riddled with sin, uncleanness and lawlessness. Well you might say, "I'm not that much of an evil, wicked person."

Well have you ever examined that claim you so confidently make? Consider a murderer, how much different are you to him? To murder another could perhaps be out of a rage of sudden out of control anger, jealousy and a whole settlement of multiple emotions. It is true to say that no one likes to be angry or to be jealous, selfish, unpleasant, rude, disobedient and down right unlawful, but to not like to be something does not justify that you are not that something. If you do not like to be angry, it does not make it alright to be angry, it merely means that you lack self control, and obedience, if that be to self or to God. In result of this, a persons out of control emotions can easier spin far beyond a persons liking. But usually a sense of reason maintains a persons control before something tragic occurs. But that reason is only there based on an external understanding of what is right and wrong at the time.

Murders don't happen normally for no irrational reason, murders normally happen due to a build up of tension, where perhaps arguments have been building up hatred over some time, causing disorder and disrespect. My point is seen clearly when put in this perspective. Even though we our selves disapprove of irrational behavior, we ourselves do it. Yet it does not stop here, are sin is concealed in every detail of our lives.

Sin is simply an action that can lead to death, yet it does not necessarily always do so. You may say, "How does drunkenness lead to death?" I am not to say it does, and most of the time it doesn't, the vital part of understanding here is that it can. Well you then might say, "How does blasphemy lead to death?" Again, like with drunkenness it does not necessarily do all of the time, and especially with mistreating the name of God, death seems almost unlikely. But to suggest that only is totally dismissing the point. The point being is that it is most unlikely to cause something good to happen than it is to cause something unpleasant and wrong to happen. The same is to be seen with lust, and sexual pleasure, fornication and lying, stealing and mouthing off one another.

Sin is what leads to death, and we carry the infliction that sin has on us. But if for those (the majority) who die of old age or of a disease or because of an accident, we are there by not subjected to anything particular of a sinful nature, yet we are used and shown to be custom of the nature of sin, that being imperfection. Which ultimately was the result of disobedience to God. Having a lack of respect of which is Holy. It is also in this case to understand, that although God does not want anyone to endure eternal punishment, we do not deserve such a privilege, therefore to state that it is unfair or unjust is totally contrary to our sinful nature.

We are evil, and to deny that would only be favoured in self righteousness and pride. A humble person will endure the terms of which I have made, a self righteous person will argue to the extent of selfish intention.

We are evil, how then does God solve this seemingly in-fixable problem? I will tell you. By Jesus Christ as God incarnate, God in spirit (God is of the Son, the Father and Holy Ghost) takes the sin of in which has all power of you, and lovingly directs it at His Son, Jesus Christ. Now it is important, that none of you get irrationally taken away by the romance of this story, if you do, you will most likely find yourself believing in something that you don't live by, being carnal yet confessing the historical Jesus as truth.

So I ask that you focus on the justification, rather than the sweet hearted side of the story. However, to continue, God has justified sin as powerless over mankind. Yet that is not to say sin does not have power, of course it does, I myself am still effected by sin. For example, my passion is either increased or decreased due to a sinful action. So, Jesus Christ has sufficiently paid for our sin, in that the power of sin has been excused from self to Christ. Jesus Christ has fully met the anger of God in all His wrath, righteousness and holiness. We there are seen a pure, righteous and holy. Although Christians still sin, sin has become insufficient to the ability to condemn thus God is able to righteously forgive. And out of grace the free gift, we are commanded to believe in Jesus Christ.

The faithful said:

Faith is key, having faith is to willingly believe, not to just believe. In fact one without faith could be said not to believe at all, in that, those without faith are fooling themselves that they do indeed believe. But faith is proved due to works, good, honourable deeds. I am not saying Christianity is formatted on a work salvation, I am saying that faith is only visible due to good, honourable works.

We must have faith in Jesus Christ to be saved, to have faith in His resurrection is most important, we are to believe that God raised Jesus Christ, His Son from the dead. Although I do expect much from God's grace, I can't expect these few previous lines to radically transform anthers beliefs.

Without the resurrection Christianity is dead, Jesus Christ must have of risen. Since it is the resurrection of Jesus Christ that every Christian depends upon for an understanding of justification of their sins. If Jesus Christ merely died, where does the power of sin go? It would seem that sin's power has also over come Jesus Christ, but His resurrection is evidence that it is not the case.

Having faith is to embrace the grace of God, to embrace Jesus Christ. And to embrace Jesus Christ is to dismiss self onto Jesus Christ. To be enslaved, to become free. Those who are slaves of sin, do not know or realise that they are slaves of sin, for if they did, they would not be slaves of sin. To be a slave to sin is to reject truth as truth and to believe otherwise. We are to believe fully in Jesus Christ, and by doing so, we will become new creatures as said, our character will change, and you will have God in the centre of your life, it is not to say that to have God in your life, is easy.

I hope that this message is clear to understand, for it is the Gospel message.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 2:09:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I like my explanation better.. That Jesus was really just a riot at parties, a guy with a good sense of humor.. A Zen master.

People started going up to him, because they could tell he was quite the righteous dude, he had freedom.

So Jesus would teach by getting the disciples to do things that were absolutely ridiculous.. Retarded. Jesus became so one with his arse that people started calling him the son of god, and basically.. well... He was killed for it...

Or the story of Jesus was completely made up, and is really just a parable used to make foolish people pop out more to those who know.

Course, I'm a fool too, because I said too much.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 6:34:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
: At 2/4/2011 2:09:31 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I like my explanation better.. That Jesus was really just a riot at parties, a guy with a good sense of humor.. A Zen master.

People started going up to him, because they could tell he was quite the righteous dude, he had freedom.

So Jesus would teach by getting the disciples to do things that were absolutely ridiculous.. Retarded. Jesus became so one with his arse that people started calling him the son of god, and basically.. well... He was killed for it...

Or the story of Jesus was completely made up, and is really just a parable used to make foolish people pop out more to those who know.

Course, I'm a fool too, because I said too much.


Realistically, you know yourself you are just talking nonsense. And don't say that I am too, I am clearly not!
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 7:08:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"Realistically, you know yourself you are just talking nonsense"

Realistically, you yourself are doing the same. You are basing your entire world view on two collections of writings:

One from an ancient people's whose writing clearly reflects both their barbaric nature (the book is filled with the slaughtering entire villages man, woman, and child) and what is clearly mythology (a burning bush talking, an detached hand magically appearing and writing on a wall, a man who has super human strength based upon the length of his hair killing 1,000 men with the jawbone of a donkey, etc). This is the Old Testament.

The second is a small collection of writings from a very few writters that were selected some 400 years after the events took place and compiled into a single "coherent" document. The few events in these collections that could be independelty verified such as the day turning to night and an earthquake when Jesus was crucified are not found in the Roman records even though they recorded events like solar eclipses and earthquakes.

So anyone who claims to know anything about the nature of God, what he might have done, or why he might have done it is just talking nonsense...
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 8:26:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 6:34:48 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2011 2:09:31 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I like my explanation better.. That Jesus was really just a riot at parties, a guy with a good sense of humor.. A Zen master.

People started going up to him, because they could tell he was quite the righteous dude, he had freedom.

So Jesus would teach by getting the disciples to do things that were absolutely ridiculous.. Retarded. Jesus became so one with his arse that people started calling him the son of god, and basically.. well... He was killed for it...

Or the story of Jesus was completely made up, and is really just a parable used to make foolish people pop out more to those who know.

Course, I'm a fool too, because I said too much.


Realistically, you know yourself you are just talking nonsense. And don't say that I am too, I am clearly not!

Of course you are, you half wit. You said God has a reputation to uphold. Does that make any sense, whatsoever? If he is all powerful and infinite, then why would he give a $hit about his reputation. That is something a stupid high school kid MIGHT say, but you actually said it, and meant it. You truly are an infantile, simple minded person.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 9:48:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
: At 2/4/2011 7:08:19 AM, Floid wrote:
"Realistically, you know yourself you are just talking nonsense"


Realistically, you yourself are doing the same. You are basing your entire world view on two collections of writings:

One from an ancient people's whose writing clearly reflects both their barbaric nature (the book is filled with the slaughtering entire villages man, woman, and child) and what is clearly mythology (a burning bush talking, an detached hand magically appearing and writing on a wall, a man who has super human strength based upon the length of his hair killing 1,000 men with the jawbone of a donkey, etc). This is the Old Testament.

The second is a small collection of writings from a very few writters that were selected some 400 years after the events took place and compiled into a single "coherent" document. The few events in these collections that could be independelty verified such as the day turning to night and an earthquake when Jesus was crucified are not found in the Roman records even though they recorded events like solar eclipses and earthquakes.

So anyone who claims to know anything about the nature of God, what he might have done, or why he might have done it is just talking nonsense...


Your talking conspiracy, I am talking Christianity. I am merely putting fourth the claim of which Christianity is, hence the title. The title isn't bloody "The evidence for against Christianity being true and accurate." Is it now? Well then, why the bother?
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha

Huh? This joke? Explain yourself, justify your beliefs against mine. What makes yours so seriously correct and mine so stupidly dumb struck? Quite sick of this turn of irrational thinking going around. No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 10:51:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.

well.. since you started the thread, why don't you start :)

why do you believe in god, j-mangod, and the absolute truth of the bible
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 11:24:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha

Huh? This joke? Explain yourself, justify your beliefs against mine. What makes yours so seriously correct and mine so stupidly dumb struck? Quite sick of this turn of irrational thinking going around. No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.

A quote from the Tao te Ching for Proof

True words aren't eloquent. Eloquent words aren't true. Wise men don't need to prove their point. Men who need to prove their point are not wise.

Just by talking about these things, I'm being a fool. I still have a couple of fetters to get rid of... When I feel like it...

If there is anything irrational that I still cling on to, it's that there is a chance that something I say might cause someone to wake up, but there is nothing that I can do.

That is why these beliefs are ridiculous. They are ridiculous to show how honest the followers are with themselves. Trying to use logic against someone who is fundamentally dishonest is a waste of time.

I know where you are coming from. You don't think you are being dishonest, but you aren't aware of what you are doing. You've got to sit back, and keep it real for a minute.

Realize just how weird everything is.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 11:25:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
pardon me, I meant to say a quote from the "Tao Te Ching" about proof, as it is right on.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:03:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 10:51:06 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.

well.. since you started the thread, why don't you start :)

why do you believe in god, j-mangod, and the absolute truth of the bible

Ok, I will do that.

But I don't want a 50 post up front confrontation that will never seem to end, so I will explain myself just once, and then you can decide whether I make sense or not, whether I am justified by what I believe or not etc...

Why do I believe in the Bible, good question. When you get some crazed America southerner banging on about how much she believes every word of the Bible, yet she is the type who would send hate mail to Rickard Dawkins, you can bet that the chances are she doesn't know half what the Bible says, let alone the chances of her being a true convert. The Bible is a collection of books written by various authors. The Bible is historical in that sense. It is true that it was written a long time ago, yes I get it, so what? Time doesn't change history. The Bible has a set message which radiates right through the whole of the Scripture, that is we are sinful, how does God deal with that?

The main reason however, on why I face frontally accept the Bible as truth in a direct sense, without questioning it's claims that it is truth is because it is self consistent within it's self, in that it is not based on other writing to make it true or coherent. It is rationally consistent, not in some irrational dumb in thoughtful way. It holds tight to the existence of logic, in fact it claims logic and reason as it's own game in allowing us to understand the universe objectively, given that, we have can maintain absolute knowledge. The existence of God is tied into this. I am asked why I believe in God to begin with, but I can only answer that reasonably using logic and reason in which, goes by biblical understanding, having the Bible as your ultimate standard instead of some other direct standard, such as empiricism or some may say logic and reason. Therefore is logically correct to accept the Bible as your ultimate standard. Yet to say and to have logic and reason as an ultimate standard does not justify why one would think logic and reason are at all true conceptions of how the universe should be perceived. Since according to secular or humanistic views there is no right way on how the universe should be perceived. The Bible makes it extremely clear that God is absolute in every way. Since if I am really the image of God, I therefore must reflect His thinking to an extent of understanding what logic, reason is without being at all concerned that my thinking could possibly flawed in some way or another. With other beliefs, this insurance is not there, I also want a righteous God who can justify Himself in being trustworthy, not a god that claims to be the truth, yet with logical thinking, falls short and ends up looking irresponsible and inconsistent.

The Bible with it's explanation of the justification of sin leads me to believe that no other belief reflects the nature of man quite so accurately. Every other belief seems to take man and give him a mirror so that he can reflect it away else where, other than himself. In that, to justify that claim, you know yourself by knowing how people see you, you live off of how other react to you, of course I am not speaking in a physical sense, but rather metaphorically. When believing your side is the truth, yet having a direct standard that only has relationships with a world up for many translations of what truth may be, it seem illogical to rely on logic, reason or another presupposition to be an ultimate standard. It seems far more plausible to have the Bible as a ultimate standard, it claims that God exists, and whoever denies that is a fool, it say there is absolute morality, and that we has a huge problem with God. It sets the stage, ready, no messing about working out how the stage should be set, since there is no way the stage should be set in any other world view. Other world views are totally inconsistent with themselves, they merely blow themselves up. And don't just let me tell you that, go examine it for yourselves, instead of thinking that I am talking rubbish while you sit there and do nothing but throw assertions back.

To believe this is to state that logic, reason and empiricism is totally correct in the way to understand the universe and ultimately have knowledge. Atheists tend to argue that we cannot say there is a God, based in the same way that we can know there is a painting therefore there is a painter. But I would use that term back on the atheists, in saying, how can you know that reason, logic, empiricism is the correct way to pursue knowledge when you have only come across one universe? Just think about it for a moment please. And don't go all subjective on me, if knowledge is subjective, how can you call it knowledge if it isn't universal, self sufficient and abstract?

To say I believe in every single word in the Bible is quite a jump, since different Bibles have different words, which really mean the same thing. I believe in all the meanings that the Bible has. So I believe that every event, every challenge and every story noted and told in the Bible is the infallible word of God, period!
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:06:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 11:24:48 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha

Huh? This joke? Explain yourself, justify your beliefs against mine. What makes yours so seriously correct and mine so stupidly dumb struck? Quite sick of this turn of irrational thinking going around. No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.


A quote from the Tao te Ching for Proof

True words aren't eloquent. Eloquent words aren't true. Wise men don't need to prove their point. Men who need to prove their point are not wise.

Just by talking about these things, I'm being a fool. I still have a couple of fetters to get rid of... When I feel like it...

If there is anything irrational that I still cling on to, it's that there is a chance that something I say might cause someone to wake up, but there is nothing that I can do.

That is why these beliefs are ridiculous. They are ridiculous to show how honest the followers are with themselves. Trying to use logic against someone who is fundamentally dishonest is a waste of time.

I know where you are coming from. You don't think you are being dishonest, but you aren't aware of what you are doing. You've got to sit back, and keep it real for a minute.

Realize just how weird everything is.

Not being funny, and I usuaully wouldn't say something like this, but that is a kind of thing that someone on weed would say.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:07:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha

Huh? This joke? Explain yourself, justify your beliefs against mine. What makes yours so seriously correct and mine so stupidly dumb struck? Quite sick of this turn of irrational thinking going around. No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.

You're the one who believes in talking snakes and zombies, man. That is why your beliefs are dumb struck. If that makes no sense to you, then it is because you are incompetant. Are you beginning to see a pattern there? Smart people don't believe stupid things just because someone else said so. The burden of proof falls on religion, and so far they have ALL failed to affirm. So, now it seems you need to get real. Believing something without evidence(faith) does not make you enlightened. It makes you delusional.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:10:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 12:06:55 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/4/2011 11:24:48 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha

Huh? This joke? Explain yourself, justify your beliefs against mine. What makes yours so seriously correct and mine so stupidly dumb struck? Quite sick of this turn of irrational thinking going around. No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.


A quote from the Tao te Ching for Proof

True words aren't eloquent. Eloquent words aren't true. Wise men don't need to prove their point. Men who need to prove their point are not wise.

Just by talking about these things, I'm being a fool. I still have a couple of fetters to get rid of... When I feel like it...

If there is anything irrational that I still cling on to, it's that there is a chance that something I say might cause someone to wake up, but there is nothing that I can do.

That is why these beliefs are ridiculous. They are ridiculous to show how honest the followers are with themselves. Trying to use logic against someone who is fundamentally dishonest is a waste of time.

I know where you are coming from. You don't think you are being dishonest, but you aren't aware of what you are doing. You've got to sit back, and keep it real for a minute.

Realize just how weird everything is.

Not being funny, and I usuaully wouldn't say something like this, but that is a kind of thing that someone on weed would say.

What's the big deal with weed?
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:17:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
: At 2/4/2011 12:07:25 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha

Huh? This joke? Explain yourself, justify your beliefs against mine. What makes yours so seriously correct and mine so stupidly dumb struck? Quite sick of this turn of irrational thinking going around. No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.

You're the one who believes in talking snakes and zombies, man. That is why your beliefs are dumb struck. If that makes no sense to you, then it is because you are incompetant. Are you beginning to see a pattern there? Smart people don't believe stupid things just because someone else said so. The burden of proof falls on religion, and so far they have ALL failed to affirm. So, now it seems you need to get real. Believing something without evidence(faith) does not make you enlightened. It makes you delusional.


How can you say that when your ethical way in pursuing morality is based of Judaism? That's quite inconsistent of you to say that. And with the weed thing, I believe you missed out on the first half of what I wrote. Take another look pale.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:20:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is there anyway you can do a simple summary? At the moment it is a poorly written ramble that suggests a version of Christianity unique to yourself.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:25:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 12:17:16 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2011 12:07:25 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha

Huh? This joke? Explain yourself, justify your beliefs against mine. What makes yours so seriously correct and mine so stupidly dumb struck? Quite sick of this turn of irrational thinking going around. No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.

You're the one who believes in talking snakes and zombies, man. That is why your beliefs are dumb struck. If that makes no sense to you, then it is because you are incompetant. Are you beginning to see a pattern there? Smart people don't believe stupid things just because someone else said so. The burden of proof falls on religion, and so far they have ALL failed to affirm. So, now it seems you need to get real. Believing something without evidence(faith) does not make you enlightened. It makes you delusional.


How can you say that when your ethical way in pursuing morality is based of Judaism? That's quite inconsistent of you to say that. And with the weed thing, I believe you missed out on the first half of what I wrote. Take another look pale.

I'm an atheist jew buddy. I have not believed in imaginery friends since I was like 6 years old. I've said nothing inconsistent. You simply took a word off of my profile and labeled me with an ethical code. Sorry, that doesn't fly. It just further justifies everything I said about branding you imcompetent.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:37:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
: At 2/4/2011 12:20:06 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Is there anyway you can do a simple summary? At the moment it is a poorly written ramble that suggests a version of Christianity unique to yourself.

If you are not satisfied with my explanation, you can always watch this Paul Washer video on what is Christianity. This goes for anyone else also. (Turn your volume right up).
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:40:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 12:25:38 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/4/2011 12:17:16 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2011 12:07:25 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha

Huh? This joke? Explain yourself, justify your beliefs against mine. What makes yours so seriously correct and mine so stupidly dumb struck? Quite sick of this turn of irrational thinking going around. No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.

You're the one who believes in talking snakes and zombies, man. That is why your beliefs are dumb struck. If that makes no sense to you, then it is because you are incompetant. Are you beginning to see a pattern there? Smart people don't believe stupid things just because someone else said so. The burden of proof falls on religion, and so far they have ALL failed to affirm. So, now it seems you need to get real. Believing something without evidence(faith) does not make you enlightened. It makes you delusional.


How can you say that when your ethical way in pursuing morality is based of Judaism? That's quite inconsistent of you to say that. And with the weed thing, I believe you missed out on the first half of what I wrote. Take another look pale.

I'm an atheist jew buddy. I have not believed in imaginery friends since I was like 6 years old. I've said nothing inconsistent. You simply took a word off of my profile and labeled me with an ethical code. Sorry, that doesn't fly. It just further justifies everything I said about branding you imcompetent.

Oh... only it says Jewish on your profile under religion.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:41:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 12:37:26 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2011 12:20:06 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Is there anyway you can do a simple summary? At the moment it is a poorly written ramble that suggests a version of Christianity unique to yourself.

If you are not satisfied with my explanation, you can always watch this Paul Washer video on what is Christianity. This goes for anyone else also. (Turn your volume right up).



An hour and a half?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:43:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
: At 2/4/2011 12:25:38 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/4/2011 12:17:16 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2011 12:07:25 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha

Huh? This joke? Explain yourself, justify your beliefs against mine. What makes yours so seriously correct and mine so stupidly dumb struck? Quite sick of this turn of irrational thinking going around. No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.

You're the one who believes in talking snakes and zombies, man. That is why your beliefs are dumb struck. If that makes no sense to you, then it is because you are incompetant. Are you beginning to see a pattern there? Smart people don't believe stupid things just because someone else said so. The burden of proof falls on religion, and so far they have ALL failed to affirm. So, now it seems you need to get real. Believing something without evidence(faith) does not make you enlightened. It makes you delusional.


How can you say that when your ethical way in pursuing morality is based of Judaism? That's quite inconsistent of you to say that. And with the weed thing, I believe you missed out on the first half of what I wrote. Take another look pale.

I'm an atheist jew buddy. I have not believed in imaginery friends since I was like 6 years old. I've said nothing inconsistent. You simply took a word off of my profile and labeled me with an ethical code. Sorry, that doesn't fly. It just further justifies everything I said about branding you imcompetent.


I find that no one on this site can get through to you. You have appeared in a flash, and without getting to know people, starting off humble, you have come across quite disliked, rude and arrogant. So one had to say that.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 12:57:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 12:20:06 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Is there anyway you can do a simple summary? At the moment it is a poorly written ramble that suggests a version of Christianity unique to yourself.

Indeed. It's just an idea, no more valid than any other idea.. But an interesting thought.

I'm sure it isn't a unique idea.. Anytime I think I have a unique idea, I find out later that someone already thought of it.

Jesus was a regular guy who was fairly intelligent. He had a really good sense of humor, was kind and loving, and not quick to judge. Being intelligent and honest with himself, he was not a very serious person.

When you have reached this state of consciousness, people around you can tell there is something going on.. They want to have the freedom that he had. So, people would go up to Jesus and talk to him.

He would flat out tell them(like in the Sermon on the Mount). Which in the limited language that they had back then, was the best way to explain how to not be so damn serious. The people were amazed, not because of the wisdom of his teachings, but because of the fact that he spoke as if he knew what he was talking about... These people were sheep.. So Jesus half-mockingly referred to them as sheep.

Jesus was pretty popular on the party scene, and he lived in a highly religious society. He was infinitely cooler than those wankers at the temple, so people started to call him a prophet. People would go up to Jesus, repeatedly asking for help, but he realized the limited effectiveness of language to transfer these ideas into another mind... So he spoke in parables... Riddles. Also, when people would constantly pester him for things to do, he would tell them to do ridiculous things like go from town to town, healing the sick(As both a means to get them to realize how annoyingly dense they are, and as a means to keep them from bugging him).

Course, by now, Jesus was too far down the rabbit hole. People started calling him the son of god, and things like that. The people wanted to make Jesus king, and hell, he figured that he could probably do a better job than the fools running the place now, so why not go along with it? Instead of denying or confirming when people said these things, he would stay openly silent. After all, that sort of admission could get a man killed back in those days.. At the same time, if he were to deny any of these things, he would probably lose a good portion of his audience.

Jesus, like all good men who understand these deep things was troubled by his own compassion, and felt that the end justifies the means when it comes to getting his message out. Either that, or the power of all these multitudes got to his head.

Before Jesus was executed, he made a prophecy concerning him rising up from the grave after 3 days. He made a prophecy saying that before all the people living then had died, the apocalypse would come. He made these prophecies, not because he believed them, but because he wanted to disprove himself to his followers and the followers of generations to come.

I don't think that Jesus ever planned for it to go this far, but hey, it did. Then add decades of corruption to the story before it actually was written down.. Then add all those centuries of corruption.

That is probably just another poorly written ramble, but it is a different way of looking at the whole Jesus story. Maybe it is true, maybe it isn't. I don't really care. I over think stuff.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:04:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
: At 2/4/2011 12:41:29 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/4/2011 12:37:26 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2011 12:20:06 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Is there anyway you can do a simple summary? At the moment it is a poorly written ramble that suggests a version of Christianity unique to yourself.

If you are not satisfied with my explanation, you can always watch this Paul Washer video on what is Christianity. This goes for anyone else also. (Turn your volume right up).



An hour and a half?


Yeah lol.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:07:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 12:57:39 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 2/4/2011 12:20:06 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Is there anyway you can do a simple summary? At the moment it is a poorly written ramble that suggests a version of Christianity unique to yourself.

Indeed. It's just an idea, no more valid than any other idea.. But an interesting thought.

I'm sure it isn't a unique idea.. Anytime I think I have a unique idea, I find out later that someone already thought of it.

Jesus was a regular guy who was fairly intelligent. He had a really good sense of humor, was kind and loving, and not quick to judge. Being intelligent and honest with himself, he was not a very serious person.

When you have reached this state of consciousness, people around you can tell there is something going on.. They want to have the freedom that he had. So, people would go up to Jesus and talk to him.

He would flat out tell them(like in the Sermon on the Mount). Which in the limited language that they had back then, was the best way to explain how to not be so damn serious. The people were amazed, not because of the wisdom of his teachings, but because of the fact that he spoke as if he knew what he was talking about... These people were sheep.. So Jesus half-mockingly referred to them as sheep.

Jesus was pretty popular on the party scene, and he lived in a highly religious society. He was infinitely cooler than those wankers at the temple, so people started to call him a prophet. People would go up to Jesus, repeatedly asking for help, but he realized the limited effectiveness of language to transfer these ideas into another mind... So he spoke in parables... Riddles. Also, when people would constantly pester him for things to do, he would tell them to do ridiculous things like go from town to town, healing the sick(As both a means to get them to realize how annoyingly dense they are, and as a means to keep them from bugging him).

Course, by now, Jesus was too far down the rabbit hole. People started calling him the son of god, and things like that. The people wanted to make Jesus king, and hell, he figured that he could probably do a better job than the fools running the place now, so why not go along with it? Instead of denying or confirming when people said these things, he would stay openly silent. After all, that sort of admission could get a man killed back in those days.. At the same time, if he were to deny any of these things, he would probably lose a good portion of his audience.

Jesus, like all good men who understand these deep things was troubled by his own compassion, and felt that the end justifies the means when it comes to getting his message out. Either that, or the power of all these multitudes got to his head.

Before Jesus was executed, he made a prophecy concerning him rising up from the grave after 3 days. He made a prophecy saying that before all the people living then had died, the apocalypse would come. He made these prophecies, not because he believed them, but because he wanted to disprove himself to his followers and the followers of generations to come.

I don't think that Jesus ever planned for it to go this far, but hey, it did. Then add decades of corruption to the story before it actually was written down.. Then add all those centuries of corruption.


That is probably just another poorly written ramble, but it is a different way of looking at the whole Jesus story. Maybe it is true, maybe it isn't. I don't really care. I over think stuff.

So ignorant, haha, but that's cool, that's cool, if you like it that way.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:08:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/4/2011 12:43:14 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2011 12:25:38 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/4/2011 12:17:16 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 2/4/2011 12:07:25 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:44:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/4/2011 10:39:54 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
tis no nonsense godsands.

Though, I see why it is a waste of time to explain the joke to people. They still won't get it.

bwahahahahahahaha

Huh? This joke? Explain yourself, justify your beliefs against mine. What makes yours so seriously correct and mine so stupidly dumb struck? Quite sick of this turn of irrational thinking going around. No one bothers to justify what they believe as true, everyone just seems to de-trend other beliefs and by that assume theirs is therefore right. Get real.

You're the one who believes in talking snakes and zombies, man. That is why your beliefs are dumb struck. If that makes no sense to you, then it is because you are incompetant. Are you beginning to see a pattern there? Smart people don't believe stupid things just because someone else said so. The burden of proof falls on religion, and so far they have ALL failed to affirm. So, now it seems you need to get real. Believing something without evidence(faith) does not make you enlightened. It makes you delusional.


How can you say that when your ethical way in pursuing morality is based of Judaism? That's quite inconsistent of you to say that. And with the weed thing, I believe you missed out on the first half of what I wrote. Take another look pale.

I'm an atheist jew buddy. I have not believed in imaginery friends since I was like 6 years old. I've said nothing inconsistent. You simply took a word off of my profile and labeled me with an ethical code. Sorry, that doesn't fly. It just further justifies everything I said about branding you imcompetent.


I find that no one on this site can get through to you. You have appeared in a flash, and without getting to know people, starting off humble, you have come across quite disliked, rude and arrogant. So one had to say that.

This is not a social network, like facebook. I come off to you one way, and other people in other ways. Who has gotten through to you on this site? I ask, because you seem pretty close minded and arrogant with your views as well. The difference is that your views are dependent on a master, and mine are not. I don't need, nor would I ever accept being a slave to anyone or anything. Moreover, I certainly would not accept a master with such trivial and childish qualities such as jealousy, or a being who is worried about his reputation(what people think of you). I don't need the acceptence of others to be comfortable in my own skin. Your God sounds like a 16 year old girl, to me. If that is arrogant, then so be it. In summation, I believe you to be a hypocrite(the lord's name in vain in your own user name) and I hope you dislike me. Why would I want the respect of such a feeble minded individual?
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2011 1:12:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At least I know I'm ignorant. >.>

Anything is possible, Jesus could have been the Peter Popoff of his day. He could have been crazy.. He could have been a prankster alien!

No one knows, and in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. Jesus is dead, who cares? Let's move on to more interesting things.

The world probably isn't going to end in fire or ice, it's going to be crushed by nostalgia and bureaucracy.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp