Jump to topic:

Opposite of terrorism

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:40:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A few crackpot individuals and their organizations have really put the world on the edge in just a few years. Nobody feels safe anymore, intolerance and xenophobia are at a high. Suspicion and doubts lead to hatred and fear.

How could such a situation be changed?

A few rich and well-intentioned individuals can do that, surely.

Take a plane, fly over a town, drop loads of cash. Anonymously. Then claim that their organization did that. Similarly food packets, medicine, stuff over Africa. Claim that they did it, in the name of religion (if they wish) :)

They obviously cannot build hospitals as fast as the terrorists can blow them up. But if they can find some good acts that can be done rapidly and then claim that they did it, wouldn't this be the opposite of terrorism?

It might even inspire people to do good, who knows.
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:51:22 PM
Maybe I'm nuts, but I think that these "terrorists" are humorously incompetent invalids, and anyone who actually fears these clowns is a complete pvssy.

The best way to spread goodness is to simply do good, without tying it to any belief system or anything like that. As soon as you do that, you plant the seed that eventually blooms into extremism.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:09:51 PM
At 2/11/2011 1:51:22 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Maybe I'm nuts, but I think that these "terrorists" are humorously incompetent invalids, and anyone who actually fears these clowns is a complete pvssy.

The best way to spread goodness is to simply do good, without tying it to any belief system or anything like that. As soon as you do that, you plant the seed that eventually blooms into extremism.

Yes, that's true. But I was thinking of ways to counter terrorism. What would you suggest is the "opposite" of terrorism?
And it will be true.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:12:13 PM
At 2/11/2011 2:09:51 PM, Indophile wrote:

Yes, that's true. But I was thinking of ways to counter terrorism. What would you suggest is the "opposite" of terrorism?

Spreading confidence amongst friendly soldiers without a political agenda.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:16:03 PM
The best way to combat terrorism?

Fight only defensively, and laugh at them when they make threats.

When they actually pull through with one of their threats, continue to laugh at them, and continue to fight defensively.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:20:29 PM
At 2/11/2011 2:16:03 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

When they actually pull through with one of their threats, continue to laugh at them, and continue to fight defensively.

Sure. I don't think giving away cash or medicine is a bad idea either. Indophile you should do that.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:21:00 PM
At 2/11/2011 2:12:13 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

But terrorism affects common people, not soldiers. So shouldn't the opposite affect the common people too, but in a good way?
And it will be true.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:22:47 PM

You can fight defensively only when you know you are being attacked or going to be attacked. How can you defend yourself against attacks out of the blue? And who will you laugh at? The dead terrorists?
And it will be true.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:23:10 PM
At 2/11/2011 2:20:29 PM, lovelife wrote:

Sure. I don't think giving away cash or medicine is a bad idea either. Indophile you should do that.

Yeah sure :) Thanks for the leg up!
And it will be true.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 1:42:44 AM
At 2/11/2011 2:21:00 PM, Indophile wrote:

But terrorism affects common people, not soldiers. So shouldn't the opposite affect the common people too, but in a good way?

The opposite would be the opposite.

Terrorism is violence and intimidation against civilians for political ends.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 6:14:13 AM
At 2/12/2011 1:42:44 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/11/2011 2:21:00 PM, Indophile wrote:

The opposite would be the opposite.

Terrorism is violence and intimidation against civilians for political ends.

I think he means in terms of net result rather than process.