Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

If They Hadn't

SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 2:38:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What if dinosaurs hadn't gone extinct (or turned into birds in such massive numbers), and human evolution still facilitated, what do you think would have happened to the world in all areas all the way up to he current era?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 7:06:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/12/2011 2:38:24 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
What if dinosaurs hadn't gone extinct (or turned into birds in such massive numbers), and human evolution still facilitated, what do you think would have happened to the world in all areas all the way up to he current era?

Seriously, are you that stupid?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 9:34:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
its a counterfactual... and its logically possible. the kid is probably just going through his dinosaur phase... let him be!
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 10:20:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If dinosaurs hadn't become extinct, they'd most likely be the dominant species on the planet.

I'd debate that if anyone is interested...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:44:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 10:17:28 PM, badger wrote:
c_n you're turning into askbob...

I could never be that stupid. But thanks for the heads up.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:50:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.

I love creationist evidence.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:52:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:50:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.

I love creationist evidence.

"The Holy Spirit is like water. It can be steam, a liquid or ice. Three forms, the same thing."
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:55:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:52:11 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:50:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.

I love creationist evidence.

"The Holy Trinity is like water. It can be steam, a liquid or ice. Three forms, the same thing."

Fix'd.

Also this: http://www.christiancrafters.com...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 4:05:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:55:59 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:52:11 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:50:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.

I love creationist evidence.

"The Holy Trinity is like water. It can be steam, a liquid or ice. Three forms, the same thing."

Fix'd.

Also this: http://www.christiancrafters.com...

Such a fail analogy. >.<
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 9:00:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:52:11 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:50:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.

I love creationist evidence.

"The Holy Spirit is like water. It can be steam, a liquid or ice. Three forms, the same thing."

Yea well that analogy is just retarded.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:42:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:50:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.

I love creationist evidence.

Ken Ham is currently trying to get Kentucky tax payers to fund the construction of a creationist theme park. :P
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 4:06:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:42:08 PM, Puck wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:50:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.

I love creationist evidence.

Ken Ham is currently trying to get Kentucky tax payers to fund the construction of a creationist theme park. :P

But that is a perfectly viable business, it's not like a museum for spoons. There are millions of creationist Americans that would go there, and possibly just as many sarcastic atheists. If I had any money I'd probably invest, unless Dawkins suddenly forms an atheistic terroris group you are gaurenteed a return on your money.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 6:29:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 4:06:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:42:08 PM, Puck wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:50:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.

I love creationist evidence.

Ken Ham is currently trying to get Kentucky tax payers to fund the construction of a creationist theme park. :P

But that is a perfectly viable business, it's not like a museum for spoons. There are millions of creationist Americans that would go there, and possibly just as many sarcastic atheists. If I had any money I'd probably invest, unless Dawkins suddenly forms an atheistic terroris group you are gaurenteed a return on your money.

i doubt it would have any fun rides though. just brainwashing :(
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 6:36:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 6:29:28 PM, belle wrote:
At 2/14/2011 4:06:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:42:08 PM, Puck wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:50:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.

I love creationist evidence.

Ken Ham is currently trying to get Kentucky tax payers to fund the construction of a creationist theme park. :P

But that is a perfectly viable business, it's not like a museum for spoons. There are millions of creationist Americans that would go there, and possibly just as many sarcastic atheists. If I had any money I'd probably invest, unless Dawkins suddenly forms an atheistic terroris group you are gaurenteed a return on your money.

i doubt it would have any fun rides though. just brainwashing :(

I am sure you could combine the two. What about a Noahs ark ride? Several hundred kids could all dress up as various animals, an actor could play Noah. They get on a giant ship which rocks up and down whilst water pours from the sealing and the walls of the giant room function as giant TV screens showing millions of sinners drowning to death.

It would be the perfect venue for childrens parties, bahmitvahs (or however its spelt) etc etc.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 7:04:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 6:36:15 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 6:29:28 PM, belle wrote:
At 2/14/2011 4:06:10 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:42:08 PM, Puck wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:50:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:44:30 AM, Puck wrote:
Creationist museum would actually be interesting.

I'd love to see the Ken Ham Creationist museum.

I love creationist evidence.

Ken Ham is currently trying to get Kentucky tax payers to fund the construction of a creationist theme park. :P

But that is a perfectly viable business, it's not like a museum for spoons. There are millions of creationist Americans that would go there, and possibly just as many sarcastic atheists. If I had any money I'd probably invest, unless Dawkins suddenly forms an atheistic terroris group you are gaurenteed a return on your money.

i doubt it would have any fun rides though. just brainwashing :(

I am sure you could combine the two. What about a Noahs ark ride? Several hundred kids could all dress up as various animals, an actor could play Noah. They get on a giant ship which rocks up and down whilst water pours from the sealing and the walls of the giant room function as giant TV screens showing millions of sinners drowning to death.

It would be the perfect venue for childrens parties, bahmitvahs (or however its spelt) etc etc.

LOL. I'd go on that ride!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2011 5:52:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/15/2011 5:39:38 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This was the tenthousandth topic.

It is.

AskBob is about to blow a gasket.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
TheAtheistAllegiance
Posts: 1,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 2:41:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/12/2011 2:38:24 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
What if dinosaurs hadn't gone extinct (or turned into birds in such massive numbers), and human evolution still facilitated, what do you think would have happened to the world in all areas all the way up to he current era?

Have you seen the movie "Birds"?
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 1:01:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The most important result is that we would have a lot more movies in which gorgeous girls in fur bikinis battle dinosaurs. Otherwise, dinosaurs would be an endangered species due to vanishing habitat. They need tropical vegetation and swamps.

Some argue that birds and crocodiles have evolved from dinosaurs, so if other dinosaurs had survived the mass extinction, they might have evolved into something viable. Horseshoe crabs long predate dinosaurs.

The blue whale is the largest animal known to have ever existed, so all the giant beast action is not with dinosaurs.