Jump to topic:

UFO's ....

devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 11:02:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
and government conspiracy theories... what are your opinions on the validity of UFO sightings and the theories of government covering up the existence of them if they do indeed exist?
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 12:03:24 PM
I totally saw an alien!
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 5:17:05 PM
At 2/23/2011 11:02:31 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
and government conspiracy theories... what are your opinions on the validity of UFO sightings and the theories of government covering up the existence of them if they do indeed exist?

no seriously guys I want to know your input...
Thanks CosmicAlfonzo...I saw that thread earlier.

we wre listening to a show on the history channel about aliens, etc, and I just wondered

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 7:43:14 PM
I don't really see the point in the government trying to hide anything they can't identify.

Unless of course, they can identify it.

If they try to cover up anything, it is probably because it is a secret project, or something managed to get past their defenses that shouldn't have(It has happened, especially during times of war).

I think the government probably spends more time making it look as if it is a legitimate entity than anything else. That's the real conspiracy. ;p
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 7:46:02 PM
and government conspiracy theories... what are your opinions on the validity of UFO sightings and the theories of government covering up the existence of them if they do indeed exist?:

There is no validity. There's my assessment.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 8:34:13 PM
I'm pretty much agnostic on this issue. It does seem kinda strange to me that in a universe this size we would be the only life, but we also don't really have any evidence...
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 8:40:16 PM
At 2/23/2011 7:46:02 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
and government conspiracy theories... what are your opinions on the validity of UFO sightings and the theories of government covering up the existence of them if they do indeed exist?:

There is no validity. There's my assessment.

very short and to the point... I like you

devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 8:43:07 PM
At 2/23/2011 8:34:13 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm pretty much agnostic on this issue. It does seem kinda strange to me that in a universe this size we would be the only life, but we also don't really have any evidence...

I do have to agree with this, how is it possible that there is no other life, but with no evidence, I can't make judgments...

PARADIGM_L0ST what if evidence were presented to you of extraterrestrial life?

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 8:44:43 PM
At 2/23/2011 7:43:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I don't really see the point in the government trying to hide anything they can't identify.

Unless of course, they can identify it.

If they try to cover up anything, it is probably because it is a secret project, or something managed to get past their defenses that shouldn't have(It has happened, especially during times of war).

Don't be ridiculous. You're just playing semantic tricks. She's talking about the government covering up the existence of ETs. This is actually a known fact because there have been cases in both Britain and the United States of the government trying to coverup UFO reports or try to downplay them.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 8:47:47 PM
At 2/23/2011 8:43:07 PM, devinni01841 wrote:

I do have to agree with this, how is it possible that there is no other life, but with no evidence, I can't make judgments...

There's thousands of books and reports of documented evidence. Paradigm, along with everyone else on this site, just likes to put his finger in his ears and scream "la la la la la la."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 8:58:58 PM
Extraterrestrial objects?

I suppose a UFO could have come from space.

If something crash lands on Earth, I could hardly blame governments for wanting to examine it, and maybe hide it away. A meteor for instance could contain valuable minerals, or even primitive life.

Either way, the object only becomes unidentifiable to those who haven't yet examined it. I don't see why the government would waste their time covering it up.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 9:26:57 PM
At 2/23/2011 8:47:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/23/2011 8:43:07 PM, devinni01841 wrote:

There's thousands of books and reports of documented evidence. Paradigm, along with everyone else on this site, just likes to put his finger in his ears and scream "la la la la la la."

Lol even if one walkd up to them and said "yo wassup I'm from mars"?

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 9:35:34 PM
As someone who has been to the mothership and back, I can say with little doubt that aliens from another world know how to boogie.

Deep in the funk style.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 9:41:50 PM
What if the government accidentally discovered a ufo and the aliens threatened global vaporization if the secret ever got out. Could you live with that guilt?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 7:23:50 AM
The probablity of there being other life forms in the universe is nearly one. Whether they could/would find us is another question. If I were an alien I wouldn't come here.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 4:33:33 PM
At 2/23/2011 9:41:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
What if the government accidentally discovered a ufo and the aliens threatened global vaporization if the secret ever got out. Could you live with that guilt?

interesting point... I'm not saying that if there is a conspiracy htey should tell us... i was just wondering what the DDO community thinks

devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 4:34:24 PM
At 2/24/2011 7:23:50 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
The probablity of there being other life forms in the universe is nearly one. Whether they could/would find us is another question. If I were an alien I wouldn't come here.

Ditto... I WOULD however place hidden cameras around to observe the destruction

devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 4:35:11 PM
At 2/24/2011 7:53:53 AM, Floid wrote:
Feynman sums it with the scientific explanation that also can be applied to ghosts, religion, etc...

This is my new stance on anything that has no physical proof :) Very rational thinking

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 4:42:20 PM
PARADIGM_L0ST what if evidence were presented to you of extraterrestrial life?:

Then obviously there would be good cause to believe. I think there's more reason to assume bigfoot exists than aliens, that's how little I think of it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 4:46:51 PM
There's thousands of books and reports of documented evidence. Paradigm, along with everyone else on this site, just likes to put his finger in his ears and scream "la la la la la la.":

There's thousands of books and reports of documented evidence of Jesus too. Does that make it so?

There is ZERO credible evidence to assume extra-terrestrials. I defy you post some if you think I'm wrong. Please note that the same non-evidence you post about the Illuminati does NOT constitute evidence.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 4:54:54 PM
At 2/24/2011 4:46:51 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
There's thousands of books and reports of documented evidence. Paradigm, along with everyone else on this site, just likes to put his finger in his ears and scream "la la la la la la.":

There's thousands of books and reports of documented evidence of Jesus too. Does that make it so?

There is ZERO credible evidence to assume extra-terrestrials. I defy you post some if you think I'm wrong. Please note that the same non-evidence you post about the Illuminati does NOT constitute evidence.

Lol really? Do we have to go through this again? Just google 'UFO evidence' and prepare to laugh...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 8:25:26 PM
At 2/24/2011 4:54:54 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 2/24/2011 4:46:51 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Lol really? Do we have to go through this again? Just google 'UFO evidence' and prepare to laugh...:

Are you being facetious?
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 9:00:08 PM
At 2/24/2011 8:25:26 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Are you being facetious?

Not really... I was implying that just about all of the 'evidence' you will ever see for the typical UFO/ET conspiracy theory is more or less laughable. Likewise, the sources for such material are usually less than impartial... nevermind being credible.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2011 9:24:27 PM
I believe aliens/demons are here, had a grey my bedroom almost a year ago.

It has been reported through hypnosis that the grays are actually demons in some kind of 'dressing'. It was reported that a person aboard one of these ship came across a room where there were these suits were hanging in some kind of a fashion.

However this isn't a clear hypothesis at all, very little evidence suggests this, it's more of an idea. But it would make sense since demons inhabit bodies, otherwise they are wondrous and sketchy.
david567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 8:09:58 AM
I personally think that UFO's are real and that they are life forms exsisting on mars and other planets also there have been millions of sightings all around the world. Some people want attention and have done Fake sightings.
Religious but not spiritual : )
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 8:14:53 AM
At 2/24/2011 9:24:27 PM, GodSands wrote:
I believe aliens/demons are here, had a grey my bedroom almost a year ago.

It has been reported through hypnosis that the grays are actually demons in some kind of 'dressing'. It was reported that a person aboard one of these ship came across a room where there were these suits were hanging in some kind of a fashion.

However this isn't a clear hypothesis at all, very little evidence suggests this, it's more of an idea. But it would make sense since demons inhabit bodies, otherwise they are wondrous and sketchy.

I...just...what...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.