Jump to topic:

Forest fires and C02

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 12:32:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I looked up some interesting figures. In the west and south west, forest fires produce over 25 times more CO2 emissions than automobiles in that region. Coupled with the fact that the environment is losing a good portion of Co2 scavengers, this makes it a major concern for global warmists. Considering that some say 90% of wildfires are caused by humans, would it not be an important agenda to ban people from forests? How could you possibly implement this? Forest police?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 12:38:27 AM
At 5/29/2011 12:36:19 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Can you link me to these figures?

I looked at the 1st and 3rd entry for
google: wildfire co2 emmisions
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 11:49:06 AM
The CO2 crisis is much more about controlling people than about controlling climate. Climate engineering is also rejected because it doesn't control people.

The earth's atmosphere has been losing carbon dioxide for hundreds of millions of years. Plankton convert the CO2 into carbonates, which then sink to the bottom of the ocean, ultimately ending up as limestone. There is much more carbon in limestone than in fossil fuels.

Most plants do much better with more CO2, the theory being that they evolved when CO2 levels were much higher. Commercial greenhouse operators artificially raise CO2 to about three time current atmospheric levels.

Another bit of trivia: The volcano on Hawaii produces more sulfate pollution than all of the automobiles in the world combined. The volcano has been at it for about 20 years. The plume is carried out over the Pacific.