Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

- Quantum Science -

Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 7:38:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would like to hear your thoughts on some of what quantum science suggests and confirms.

1.) That everything is connected by a universal energy.

2.) That substance can both exist as particles or waves, results depending on the consciousness of the observer.

3.) Human emotion effects DNA even if it is detached from the source.

4.) The connection between two coordinates on this energy field can travel instantaneously, faster than the speed of light.

5.) Teleportation is possible, and is documented on a sub-atomic level.
Ogan
Posts: 407
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 3:23:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/10/2011 7:38:40 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
I would like to hear your thoughts on some of what quantum science suggests and confirms.

1.) That everything is connected by a universal energy.

Ogan: In the ancient teachings the number 10 is all, or the One and Zero. The Zero was the Eternal Matrix or Mother Substance, the female egg being a direct correspondence on our plane, and was symbolized by Water. The One is the Male Fiery Substance whose correspondence on our plane is the information and force bearing sperm, the cause of the creative or formative activities at work with and in that Matrix, though remaining invisible in itself, and this they called Fohat, symbolized by Fire. The whole of material substance is manipulated by it from behind the scenes and this universal energy is active everywhere during manifestation.

2.) That substance can both exist as particles or waves, results depending on the consciousness of the observer.

Ogan: All waves are formed of particles. All particles form waves.

3.) Human emotion effects DNA even if it is detached from the source.

Ogan: DNA and other substances being separated from the main body and removed to another location are still connected by the same internal Fire or Bond which acts like a telephone cable.

4.) The connection between two coordinates on this energy field can travel instantaneously, faster than the speed of light.

Ogan: Although the Matrix is subject to Time and change, Fohat or Energy is in all places at once and not so subject – to our Time that is.

5.) Teleportation is possible, and is documented on a sub-atomic level.

Ogan: No comment.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 3:48:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/10/2011 7:38:40 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
I would like to hear your thoughts on some of what quantum science suggests and confirms.

1.) That everything is connected by a universal energy.

Energy does not connect things, forces connect things. Gravity connects most things, bu not massless particles.


2.) That substance can both exist as particles or waves, results depending on the consciousness of the observer.

Wave/particle duality is true, but it doesn't depend upon consciousess.

3.) Human emotion effects DNA even if it is detached from the source.

No chance.

4.) The connection between two coordinates on this energy field can travel instantaneously, faster than the speed of light.

Transmission of energy cannot exceed the speed of light, so no. There is some talk among respectable physicists of instantaneous information transfer.

5.) Teleportation is possible, and is documented on a sub-atomic level.

Subatomic particles do not exist in a specific place, they exist as probability distributions. So they can sort of appear anywhere. Maybe quantum tunneling is the claim. That's not a practical possibility for large objects.

Teleportation seems possible by encoding all the information needed to reconstruct an object, sending the info, then reconstructing. The atoms are not sent, only the info of where they should be.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 10:40:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/10/2011 7:38:40 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
I would like to hear your thoughts on some of what quantum science suggests and confirms.

you would have to actually mention something that quantum science suggests and/or confirms then :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 10:57:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 10:40:21 PM, belle wrote:

you would have to actually mention something that quantum science suggests and/or confirms then :P

Quantum Science is not even a meaningful term, it is used in websites such as :

http://www.scalarenergypendants.com...

It is simply not well enough known and thus allows all kind of mysticism.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 11:26:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 10:57:10 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/13/2011 10:40:21 PM, belle wrote:

you would have to actually mention something that quantum science suggests and/or confirms then :P

Quantum Science is not even a meaningful term, it is used in websites such as :

http://www.scalarenergypendants.com...

It is simply not well enough known and thus allows all kind of mysticism.

the main basis of quantum physics has been accepted since the 1930s or so i think... maybe even earlier. if you mean the phrase "quantum science" specifically... well... to me it just seems like an awkward way to say quantum physics.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 11:35:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes, it is like saying relativity science. The term quantum science gets thrown around because quantum theory does not sound as strong as quantum science because it is it `only a theory` then you don`t need to pay attention to it.
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 3:55:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Call it whatever you want. It does not change the outcome of the experiments.

All the things I listed are confirmed in scientific experiments. Want to debate it?
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:19:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/14/2011 3:55:03 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
Call it whatever you want. It does not change the outcome of the experiments.

All the things I listed are confirmed in scientific experiments. Want to debate it?

Sure, challenge me.
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:56:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/14/2011 4:19:53 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 6/14/2011 3:55:03 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
Call it whatever you want. It does not change the outcome of the experiments.

All the things I listed are confirmed in scientific experiments. Want to debate it?

Sure, challenge me.

Ok, let me get all of the references to the experiments all lined up. The challenge will be coming after I get it organized.
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 9:05:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/14/2011 11:43:12 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Okay, whenever you're ready.

Sorry my friend... I was hoping to spark a fire out of you to get some passion towards the subject.

The debates prove nothing. People hardly vote and when they do...it still proves nothing. The forums are far more interesting. If you have something to say in opposition to what I said, then please let me hear it in this forum.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:01:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 9:05:14 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/14/2011 11:43:12 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Okay, whenever you're ready.

Sorry my friend... I was hoping to spark a fire out of you to get some passion towards the subject.

The debates prove nothing. People hardly vote and when they do...it still proves nothing. The forums are far more interesting. If you have something to say in opposition to what I said, then please let me hear it in this forum.

Debates prove an point, and even if you lose you still displayed your point and it gives people an chance to read your arguments and see if there is any validity in most of your statements as well as prove your seriousness and sincerity upon an subject.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:09:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 10:01:05 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:05:14 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/14/2011 11:43:12 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Okay, whenever you're ready.

Sorry my friend... I was hoping to spark a fire out of you to get some passion towards the subject.

The debates prove nothing. People hardly vote and when they do...it still proves nothing. The forums are far more interesting. If you have something to say in opposition to what I said, then please let me hear it in this forum.

Debates prove an point, and even if you lose you still displayed your point and it gives people an chance to read your arguments and see if there is any validity in most of your statements as well as prove your seriousness and sincerity upon an subject.

No, I've seen the debates on this website. They are not debates based on perspective and meaning. They are debates based on word wizardry. All most of the debates prove on this site is that someone can debate better than the opposing person, not that their perspective is more valid, reasonable, or logical.

I don't care if someone is a great debater or not. The actual issues and perspectives are far more important than who debates better.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:11:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 10:09:21 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/16/2011 10:01:05 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:05:14 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/14/2011 11:43:12 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Okay, whenever you're ready.

Sorry my friend... I was hoping to spark a fire out of you to get some passion towards the subject.

The debates prove nothing. People hardly vote and when they do...it still proves nothing. The forums are far more interesting. If you have something to say in opposition to what I said, then please let me hear it in this forum.

Debates prove an point, and even if you lose you still displayed your point and it gives people an chance to read your arguments and see if there is any validity in most of your statements as well as prove your seriousness and sincerity upon an subject.

No, I've seen the debates on this website. They are not debates based on perspective and meaning. They are debates based on word wizardry. All most of the debates prove on this site is that someone can debate better than the opposing person, not that their perspective is more valid, reasonable, or logical.

I don't care if someone is a great debater or not. The actual issues and perspectives are far more important than who debates better.

Then specify no semantics.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 11:35:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 10:11:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Then specify no semantics.

If you want to be really rigorous then specify that it is an academic defence. The instigator presents and the opposing party acts as a peer review referee.
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 3:15:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/17/2011 11:35:05 AM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/16/2011 10:11:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Then specify no semantics.

If you want to be really rigorous then specify that it is an academic defence. The instigator presents and the opposing party acts as a peer review referee.

Intelligent discussion of approval and opposition between multiple people is much more enjoyable and fruitful towards the goal of wisdom and learning. I don't have anything to prove to anyone. My reasons for being here are different from most. Deal with it or move on.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 8:01:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/17/2011 3:15:16 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:

My reasons for being here are different from most.

Yes you are an admitted troll, that isn't anything new on the internets.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2011 11:21:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/17/2011 8:50:51 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:

Whatever Cliff. You are the troll. Your posts all prove as much.

No problem, want to debate that or again just make another assertion in clear violation of the TOS and then refuse to defend it?
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 4:02:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 11:35:20 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
Yes, it is like saying relativity science. The term quantum science gets thrown around because quantum theory does not sound as strong as quantum science because it is it `only a theory` then you don`t need to pay attention to it.

Well since almost all of science is based on physics and the most powerful force known so far in physics is quantum phenomena. It seems that almost almost all of science has no basis for it's foundation, because quantum phenomena is neither clearly defined or cleared agreed upon in totality.

You may understand some things..sure. But the building blocks of everything you understand are influenced on the quantum level. A level that is not clearly understood yet.

What do you say to that?
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 4:33:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 4:02:54 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:35:20 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
Yes, it is like saying relativity science. The term quantum science gets thrown around because quantum theory does not sound as strong as quantum science because it is it `only a theory` then you don`t need to pay attention to it.

Well since almost all of science is based on physics and the most powerful force known so far in physics is quantum phenomena. It seems that almost almost all of science has no basis for it's foundation, because quantum phenomena is neither clearly defined or cleared agreed upon in totality.

You may understand some things..sure. But the building blocks of everything you understand are influenced on the quantum level. A level that is not clearly understood yet.

What do you say to that?

I think quantum physics is a little bit more understood than you think. The chaotic nature of the things at that level make it very difficult and sometimes impossible to predict. When you get to the quantum level, the way everything interacts with everything becomes more pronounced and obvious.

Everything we know about physics isn't going to be toppled down because of what we know of the quantum level. Studying it will only enhance what we know about things on a more macro level.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 4:58:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 4:33:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 6/24/2011 4:02:54 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:35:20 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
Yes, it is like saying relativity science. The term quantum science gets thrown around because quantum theory does not sound as strong as quantum science because it is it `only a theory` then you don`t need to pay attention to it.

Well since almost all of science is based on physics and the most powerful force known so far in physics is quantum phenomena. It seems that almost almost all of science has no basis for it's foundation, because quantum phenomena is neither clearly defined or cleared agreed upon in totality.

You may understand some things..sure. But the building blocks of everything you understand are influenced on the quantum level. A level that is not clearly understood yet.

What do you say to that?

I think quantum physics is a little bit more understood than you think. The chaotic nature of the things at that level make it very difficult and sometimes impossible to predict. When you get to the quantum level, the way everything interacts with everything becomes more pronounced and obvious.

Everything we know about physics isn't going to be toppled down because of what we know of the quantum level. Studying it will only enhance what we know about things on a more macro level.

Studying it will bring results of which we don't know what the impact will be on our perception of conscious reality. I think that would be more accurate to say. Anything else is ignorance.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 5:04:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 4:58:33 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/24/2011 4:33:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 6/24/2011 4:02:54 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:35:20 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
Yes, it is like saying relativity science. The term quantum science gets thrown around because quantum theory does not sound as strong as quantum science because it is it `only a theory` then you don`t need to pay attention to it.

Well since almost all of science is based on physics and the most powerful force known so far in physics is quantum phenomena. It seems that almost almost all of science has no basis for it's foundation, because quantum phenomena is neither clearly defined or cleared agreed upon in totality.

You may understand some things..sure. But the building blocks of everything you understand are influenced on the quantum level. A level that is not clearly understood yet.

What do you say to that?

I think quantum physics is a little bit more understood than you think. The chaotic nature of the things at that level make it very difficult and sometimes impossible to predict. When you get to the quantum level, the way everything interacts with everything becomes more pronounced and obvious.

Everything we know about physics isn't going to be toppled down because of what we know of the quantum level. Studying it will only enhance what we know about things on a more macro level.

Studying it will bring results of which we don't know what the impact will be on our perception of conscious reality. I think that would be more accurate to say. Anything else is ignorance.

You seem so sure of this, which shows to me an ignorance of one's epistemological limitations.

How can you say anything else is ignorance, if that anything else is what is true? That seems kind of silly.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 5:11:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 5:04:11 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 6/24/2011 4:58:33 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/24/2011 4:33:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 6/24/2011 4:02:54 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:35:20 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
Yes, it is like saying relativity science. The term quantum science gets thrown around because quantum theory does not sound as strong as quantum science because it is it `only a theory` then you don`t need to pay attention to it.

Well since almost all of science is based on physics and the most powerful force known so far in physics is quantum phenomena. It seems that almost almost all of science has no basis for it's foundation, because quantum phenomena is neither clearly defined or cleared agreed upon in totality.

You may understand some things..sure. But the building blocks of everything you understand are influenced on the quantum level. A level that is not clearly understood yet.

What do you say to that?

I think quantum physics is a little bit more understood than you think. The chaotic nature of the things at that level make it very difficult and sometimes impossible to predict. When you get to the quantum level, the way everything interacts with everything becomes more pronounced and obvious.

Everything we know about physics isn't going to be toppled down because of what we know of the quantum level. Studying it will only enhance what we know about things on a more macro level.

Studying it will bring results of which we don't know what the impact will be on our perception of conscious reality. I think that would be more accurate to say. Anything else is ignorance.

You seem so sure of this, which shows to me an ignorance of one's epistemological limitations.

How can you say anything else is ignorance, if that anything else is what is true? That seems kind of silly.

Yeah maybe you are right. So how about this.

Studying quantum physics further will bring results that are unknown. LOL.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 5:13:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 5:11:25 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/24/2011 5:04:11 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 6/24/2011 4:58:33 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/24/2011 4:33:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 6/24/2011 4:02:54 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:35:20 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
Yes, it is like saying relativity science. The term quantum science gets thrown around because quantum theory does not sound as strong as quantum science because it is it `only a theory` then you don`t need to pay attention to it.

Well since almost all of science is based on physics and the most powerful force known so far in physics is quantum phenomena. It seems that almost almost all of science has no basis for it's foundation, because quantum phenomena is neither clearly defined or cleared agreed upon in totality.

You may understand some things..sure. But the building blocks of everything you understand are influenced on the quantum level. A level that is not clearly understood yet.

What do you say to that?

I think quantum physics is a little bit more understood than you think. The chaotic nature of the things at that level make it very difficult and sometimes impossible to predict. When you get to the quantum level, the way everything interacts with everything becomes more pronounced and obvious.

Everything we know about physics isn't going to be toppled down because of what we know of the quantum level. Studying it will only enhance what we know about things on a more macro level.

Studying it will bring results of which we don't know what the impact will be on our perception of conscious reality. I think that would be more accurate to say. Anything else is ignorance.

You seem so sure of this, which shows to me an ignorance of one's epistemological limitations.

How can you say anything else is ignorance, if that anything else is what is true? That seems kind of silly.

Yeah maybe you are right. So how about this.

Studying quantum physics further will bring results that are unknown. LOL.

I'd say this is a probable conclusion to make.

Wooof
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2011 10:30:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 4:33:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I think quantum physics is a little bit more understood than you think.

Quantum Theory is not only well understood it is empirically verified to the highest standard that anything has been confirmed through experimentation. Thus if there is one thing that we are certain of in all of Science then it is Quantum Theory. Krauss goes into this in detail in his YouTube lecture which is very informative, easily accessible to a lay audience, and funny if you are a bit of a geek.

Most of the quotes on Quantum Theory are taken well out of context and/or are very dated. There was a time when only a few people in the world understood general relativity, but right now even an advanced u-grad with tensor calculus can write down the equations and some of the more basic solutions and even an advanced high school student can talk intelligently about the equivalence principle.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2011 12:22:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/28/2011 10:30:30 AM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/24/2011 4:33:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I think quantum physics is a little bit more understood than you think.

Quantum Theory is not only well understood it is empirically verified to the highest standard that anything has been confirmed through experimentation.

I wouldn't be refuting so much Quantum woo if I wasn't aware. Xp

Growing up, I heard and read about all these things that quantum physics was supposed to allow, etc. There was this illustrated book that fascinated me especially, that attempted to use quantum physics to prove things like astro projection, levitation, psychic power, and all these things that spiritual masters of the past were allegedly able to do, and still allegedly do.

Obviously, I thought that all that stuff was thoroughly bitchin', so I had to study into it more. Unfortunately, I've never had the equipment to observe these things first hand, but I've read enough about Quantum Physics to know that it isn't nearly as mystifying as the New Age movement makes it out to be.

That said, none of this detracts from how awestruck I am about existence. The universe is miraculous without the supernatural (Which.. if explained by quantum physics would then be natural? Eh.. nevermind, you know what I mean).
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2011 12:30:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/28/2011 12:22:58 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Growing up, I heard and read about all these things that quantum physics was supposed to allow, etc. There was this illustrated book that fascinated me especially, that attempted to use quantum physics to prove things like astro projection, levitation, psychic power, and all these things that spiritual masters of the past were allegedly able to do, and still allegedly do.

Yes, Quantum Theory lends itself to that because it requires a level of math that most lay people would not have and it is not nearly as well known at that level so you can propose anything to it and then claim "quantum science" allows it. Note you can see similar effects in the evolution vs creation debates where there is about 5% reality and 95% distortion.

This is of much lesser extent, but still prominent in other areas and it always takes advantage of the ignorance of the audience. If you really want to see it taken to extremes then look at the hollow earth jabber and of course cold hand reading which is probably the most common form of snake-oil which uses science to deceive people. In this case it is use behavioural science (body language, leading questions, patterns of behaviour/experience) to fake mystic powers.

These are amusing if you play long with them, fraud if you use them to take advantage of the gullible.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2011 12:43:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/28/2011 12:30:26 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/28/2011 12:22:58 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Growing up, I heard and read about all these things that quantum physics was supposed to allow, etc. There was this illustrated book that fascinated me especially, that attempted to use quantum physics to prove things like astro projection, levitation, psychic power, and all these things that spiritual masters of the past were allegedly able to do, and still allegedly do.

Yes, Quantum Theory lends itself to that because it requires a level of math that most lay people would not have and it is not nearly as well known at that level so you can propose anything to it and then claim "quantum science" allows it. Note you can see similar effects in the evolution vs creation debates where there is about 5% reality and 95% distortion.

This is of much lesser extent, but still prominent in other areas and it always takes advantage of the ignorance of the audience. If you really want to see it taken to extremes then look at the hollow earth jabber and of course cold hand reading which is probably the most common form of snake-oil which uses science to deceive people. In this case it is use behavioural science (body language, leading questions, patterns of behaviour/experience) to fake mystic powers.

These are amusing if you play long with them, fraud if you use them to take advantage of the gullible.

This X Googol
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.