Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

easier to teach physics to 2nd graders

izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:03:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic and the people that vote are the same way, trying to explain it goes over their heads. Not a single one of them seems to grasp such terms as rational, logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more. Do we think maybe that before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 12:14:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:03:18 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic and the people that vote are the same way, trying to explain it goes over their heads.

This is a debate site, wouldn't logic be beneficial?
Not a single one of them seems to grasp such terms as rational, logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more.

And you are more intelligent in this aspect how?
Do we think maybe that before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?

No, I don't. Not only is there no test that can measure intelligence with any sort of accuracy, but why would we want to do that anyway?
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 5:17:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
*Puts on Grandma glasses*
Oh my, my deary. You seem to have got into an awful tizzy.
*takes off glasses*
Does anyone else find the word tizzy to be incredible? I could probably sit here all day saying it.
At 6/23/2011 12:03:18 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic
One of them has atleast. His name begins with an "i" and has two numbers in his user name.

and the people that vote are the same way,
Often that tends to mean that one person clearly won, not a conspiracy. Unless there is a conspiracy of rational voters. (I never thought of it that way, maybe we are all to biased in favour of being rational?)

trying to explain it goes over their heads. Not a single one of them seems to grasp such terms as rational, logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more.
I think nearly everyone who voted on your debate understands them better than you do...
Do we think maybe that before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?
Nah. Users like you add a certain flavour to the site.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 5:59:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:03:18 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic and the people that vote are the same way, trying to explain it goes over their heads.
We have many excellent Secular debaters on this page... however if someone argues a Theistic position well, they should win, regardless of whether they're right or wrong (which is subjective anyway). In the same sense, if someone argues an Atheistic position poorly, they should lose.

Not a single one of them seems to grasp such terms as rational, logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more.
Examples? Evidence?

Do we think maybe that before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?
Derp.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Justin_Chains
Posts: 623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 2:22:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
How are you using proper logic and reasoning during your personal assessment of other people's intelligence? You posted the same thing twice. Which shows that you lacked efficient mental management of one post and tried again due to your failure. Your grammar and punctuation or both lacking. Your judgement of the people you listed in the other post shows a lack of intelligence and a full stock of arrogance, not a slice of intellectual wisdom. Sure... I have had my intense battles of opposition with many of the most active members on this site, and I have made little friends who agree with my perspectives in the process. But the active people on this site are very intelligent, just intelligent in different areas of expertise. You will learn this simple fact eventually.

But maybe we should treat you like the 2nd grader... Once you've earned a little bit of respect and proven your own intelligence, then maybe we can start to take your words seriously.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 4:35:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 12:03:18 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic and the people that vote are the same way, trying to explain it goes over their heads. Not a single one of them seems to grasp such terms as rational, logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more. Do we think maybe that before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?

I mean this guy keeps posting irrevelant debate. Look at the LABEL! It says SCIENCE! Is this science--is izbo10, talking about his problems with his members about "logic" and "rationality" science? I urge people to stop responding to these for a while. Clearly, izbo10 has wasted several pages, for comments, debates, and now forums, just to voice his baseless complaints. In fact....

mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic and the people that vote are the same way, trying to explain it goes over their heads
Evidence? Proof? Since logic depends on evidence, and something to infer from, I say that your comment is clearly baseless, and illogical. Kind of ironic since the quote's also talking about "people...so lost on logic".
By the way, horrible grammar. I'll correct it for you:
I [excluded] mean: the people who debate about [excluded] religion on this website ["page doesn't make sense. If you're the guy who created this forum, on this page, then where are the people who "debate religion on this page"?]. This is the same with the people who [are people objects?] the same way. Trying to explain logic and rationality[where is the object that "it" refers to, sir?] Not a single one of them seems to grasp terms such as logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more. Do youthink hat before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?

Correcting this was a purely horrible task, because of the profound ignorance that I can read in this. So if we're all supposed to pass this "intelligence test", despite the fact that many of us are graduating from college, renowned high schools, and institutions, then we might not be able to vote on your debates....think about that. You want no votes, or some votes on this website? If no, then I suggest you scrap with this intelligence test. And after all, what is the intelligence test like? Clearly you can't measure intelligence by a test, so that idea is out. And complaining about others is ridiculous, considering the fact that many of the people who you complain about, are better than you? Proof--better, more coherent arguments, and higher percentages of wins and percentiles.

But of course, izbo10's deconstructionist and refuses to view proper terms properly, even if he uses them when he's writing.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 4:41:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 5:17:02 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
*Puts on Grandma glasses*
Oh my, my deary. You seem to have got into an awful tizzy.
*takes off glasses*
Does anyone else find the word tizzy to be incredible? I could probably sit here all day saying it.
At 6/23/2011 12:03:18 AM, izbo10 wrote:
I mean seriously the people who debate religion on this page are so lost on logic
One of them has atleast. His name begins with an "i" and has two numbers in his user name.
And he's the one that everyone has elected as the "village fool." Listen, you say the people who debate on religion is lost in logic. You're debating in religion [proof? see debate, http://www.debate.org...) and therefore, you are lost in logic. Kind of funny, since you're dissing and complaining about yourself. And, of course, we are complaining too, so don't feel too lonely.

and the people that vote are the same way,
Often that tends to mean that one person clearly won, not a conspiracy. Unless there is a conspiracy of rational voters. (I never thought of it that way, maybe we are all to biased in favour of being rational?)
How do we vote the "same way"? Clearly, you forgot that while the system is the same, the reasons behind each vote is different, based on the individual.
Unless, if we'll all out to get you. [of course, as of this moment, we are going out to get you. So, if you think that you're losing now, wait to see the next debate you're engaged in.


trying to explain it goes over their heads. Not a single one of them seems to grasp such terms as rational, logic, syllogism, special pleading, and more.
I think nearly everyone who voted on your debate understands them better than you do...
I agree, since izbo10 thinks that by using terms [including "logic"] would define logic.
Do we think maybe that before you vote you should be required to pass an intelligence test?
Nah. Users like you add a certain flavour to the site.
Well, if everyone has to take an intelligence test, then you have too--if you plan to vote. And I guess the results of that intelligence test won't too be good, especially for the guy who's grammar is worse than my earth-science teacher.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau