Jump to topic:

An Idea

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 4:39:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I recently saw an documentary about factory farms and then it showed us that many cow farms across the US are overflowing with manure and the cows are practically living in it, and they made several complaints that the runoff from these feces are causing other ecological/environmental problems. What I was wondering is what do they plan on doing with that manure. I was thinking about funding an pipe system to transport the feces to facilities that allow the manure to hit its peak flammability/energy potential and then be burned inside of generators and the leftover materials [ash] could be resold as fertilizer. But what I was wondering is what do these farms originally plan on doing with the feces, why do they not put them in barrels and other such containment units to lower contamination of the local environment, and why or why not my plan work.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 7:43:51 PM
At 8/27/2011 4:39:15 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I recently saw an documentary about factory farms and then it showed us that many cow farms across the US are overflowing with manure and the cows are practically living in it, and they made several complaints that the runoff from these feces are causing other ecological/environmental problems. What I was wondering is what do they plan on doing with that manure. I was thinking about funding an pipe system to transport the feces to facilities that allow the manure to hit its peak flammability/energy potential and then be burned inside of generators and the leftover materials [ash] could be resold as fertilizer. But what I was wondering is what do these farms originally plan on doing with the feces, why do they not put them in barrels and other such containment units to lower contamination of the local environment, and why or why not my plan work.

Around here (WI) we have what's called the "dairy donut" which is a bunch of counties that surround Green Bay that all have massive amounts of cows. Some of the manure is used for land-spreading, which is basically spreading it out over farm fields as fertilizer, but we can't keep up with it because there's just too much. Farms are often situated around waterways, because we don't plan riparian buffer zones. Nutrients run into the streams and foster micro-organisms that consume the O2, and that limits the size of the fish that can exist there.
Rob
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 7:54:35 PM
At 8/27/2011 7:43:51 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Around here (WI) we have what's called the "dairy donut" which is a bunch of counties that surround Green Bay that all have massive amounts of cows. Some of the manure is used for land-spreading, which is basically spreading it out over farm fields as fertilizer, but we can't keep up with it because there's just too much. Farms are often situated around waterways, because we don't plan riparian buffer zones. Nutrients run into the streams and foster micro-organisms that consume the O2, and that limits the size of the fish that can exist there.

Would they be willing to allow me to take the excess off of their hands?
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 1:06:22 PM

It takes a lot of man power to gather and move that much crap. Since it is not their main product, they have no real intention of selling it.

There are actually a lot of things that it can be used for. One of the ladies that I use to take care of her pony's would sell their manure as fetilizer, to help offset some of the costs of running the barn.

There are a lot of natural gases in manure that can be used to generate energy, though I don't know off hand what the economic cost would be for it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 3:19:52 PM
At 8/29/2011 1:06:22 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

It takes a lot of man power to gather and move that much crap. Since it is not their main product, they have no real intention of selling it.

But I would pay them by the pound and use my own workers that just happen to not know English and have tan skin to remove it and even install pipelines to transport the sh!t.

There are actually a lot of things that it can be used for. One of the ladies that I use to take care of her pony's would sell their manure as fetilizer, to help offset some of the costs of running the barn.

Yep, some of my relatives do this, including one of my aunts who runs an lawn/gutter care service, when her employees rake leaves, collect grass/bush clippings, and remove filth from the gutters, they process it and sell it as fertilizer.

There are a lot of natural gases in manure that can be used to generate energy, though I don't know off hand what the economic cost would be for it.

I guess I will have to do some more research.
Minister Of Trolling
:
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 10:37:13 PM
There is fairly large effort underway to extract energy from animal waste http://uspowerpartners.org...

I think the point is that something has to be done with it. It won't disappear if ignored.

Waste from the brewing industry in Milwaukee is processed into a commercial organic fertilizer called Milorganite http://en.wikipedia.org... that's been sold for a long time. It looks like crushed rock.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 12:04:46 PM
At 8/27/2011 7:54:35 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 8/27/2011 7:43:51 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Would they be willing to allow me to take the excess off of their hands?

I encourage you to pursue this. But not for any success you might have or benefits it may have. But only to be educated in the tyrannical govt institution called the "EPA". You will have to get no less than ten different permits, probably more, to do what you want to do and all will run you about $24,000 a piece and then you will have on going forms to fill out that you will have to file and keep track of that will cost thousands and thousands of additional expenses each year. Then you will have to contend with unions and everything that goes with that. Ya lots of people have ideas, so what, no one can afford to implement them anymore and who would want to, the minute you become successful you will be vilified by the gov't and they will try to tear everything you achieved down. And then you will spend millions more just defending yourself from endless law suits from every direction. Ain't America great!!
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 9:58:59 AM
At 9/16/2011 10:37:13 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
There is fairly large effort underway to extract energy from animal waste http://uspowerpartners.org...

I think the point is that something has to be done with it. It won't disappear if ignored.

Waste from the brewing industry in Milwaukee is processed into a commercial organic fertilizer called Milorganite http://en.wikipedia.org... that's been sold for a long time. It looks like crushed rock.
Thanks for the data and I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, I have just gotten to boarding school, and I my computer still hasn't arrived yet. I was also thinking about the tapping into the sewage system to make fuel and fertilizer..
Minister Of Trolling
: