Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Universe Expansion/Parallel Dimensions

Mikeee
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 9:02:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If the universe is constantly expanding then does that mean that the law; "matter cannot be created or destroyed", false? Is it possible that the universe is actually stretching itself, at which point (assuming this is true) wouldn't it eventual not be able to stretch any further.

If the universe was stretching itself, and eventual snapped into two, would that mean a new dimension consisting of the split universe be created? If two universes did exist would you (matter) be able to travel through from one to the other? Would the new universe expand, and if so, would it expand away from the pre-existing universe or expand the same direction. If it expanded in the same direction would the cause some kind of overlap? For the universe to split in two, would that mean there is something beyond the universe? Is the universe contained an a container?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 9:19:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 9:15:19 PM, darkkermit wrote:
the universe isn't matter, its just space.

The Universe is all space and all matter in existence. Why would the universe just be space? "Universe: All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.
The earth together with all its inhabitants and created things.
The human race.
The sphere or realm in which something exists or takes place.
"

( http://www.answers.com...)
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 9:32:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 9:19:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/3/2011 9:15:19 PM, darkkermit wrote:
the universe isn't matter, its just space.

The Universe is all space and all matter in existence. Why would the universe just be space? "Universe: All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.
The earth together with all its inhabitants and created things.
The human race.
The sphere or realm in which something exists or takes place.
"

( http://www.answers.com...)

Well an expanding universe is just expanding space, so it doesn't violate any laws of conservation of matter. And the original poster thinks that the edges of space are somehow defined, which they aren't really.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 10:12:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The expansion of the universe creates new vacuum. Current they is that the created vacuum comes with "vacuum energy." Vacuum energy produces a gravitational force that acts to pull the existing matter towards the edges. The expansion of the universe is observed to be accelerating -- and vacuum energy is postulated to explain that acceleration. If true, then conservation of energy is overthrown and new stuff is being spontaneously created.

M-theory postulates parallel "universes" in different dimensions. One idea is black holes connect the universes. Stay tuned. Hawking's book, The Theory of Everything sets forth the theory.
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 10:12:52 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
The expansion of the universe creates new vacuum. Current they is that the created vacuum comes with "vacuum energy." Vacuum energy produces a gravitational force that acts to pull the existing matter towards the edges. The expansion of the universe is observed to be accelerating -- and vacuum energy is postulated to explain that acceleration. If true, then conservation of energy is overthrown and new stuff is being spontaneously created.

M-theory postulates parallel "universes" in different dimensions. One idea is black holes connect the universes. Stay tuned. Hawking's book, The Theory of Everything sets forth the theory.

Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 3:20:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.

lol.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 3:27:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.

1.) It was obviously a typo.

2.) I wasn't talking specifically about M-theory. More about the information paradox which was implied by saying that information disappears.

3.) He used Hawking as a reference, yet Hawking has gone on record to say that he no longer believes black holes are a connection between universes.

4.) If you would have actually read the article, you would have understood why I felt it relevant to post.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 3:32:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 3:27:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.

Usually, when someone makes a typo he either accidentally omits a letter or accidentally types an extra letter, I've never seen both before. This is some funky typo you got going on.....if it is even a typo at all (to which I have my suspicions.)
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 6:40:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 3:32:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:27:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.

Usually, when someone makes a typo he either accidentally omits a letter or accidentally types an extra letter, I've never seen both before. This is some funky typo you got going on.....if it is even a typo at all (to which I have my suspicions.)

All you do is try to correct people, control people, and call out people you think are trolls (when you don't even know what a troll is).

Either way, I know who the hell Steven Hawking is you fvcking moron. How in the hell do you think I know what his theories are and how in the hell do you think I typed his name in google to find the link?
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 6:41:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 6:40:56 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:32:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:27:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.

Usually, when someone makes a typo he either accidentally omits a letter or accidentally types an extra letter, I've never seen both before. This is some funky typo you got going on.....if it is even a typo at all (to which I have my suspicions.)

You are one of the biggest morons on this website. All you do is try to correct people, control people, and call out people you think are trolls (when you don't even know what a troll is).

Either way, I know who the hell Steven Hawking is you fvcking moron. How in the hell do you think I know what his theories are and how in the hell do you think I typed his name in google to find the link?

Fvcking idiot.

Tiel, are you that insistent on showing your ignorance of manners or science?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 7:20:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 6:41:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/15/2011 6:40:56 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:32:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:27:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.

Usually, when someone makes a typo he either accidentally omits a letter or accidentally types an extra letter, I've never seen both before. This is some funky typo you got going on.....if it is even a typo at all (to which I have my suspicions.)

You are one of the biggest morons on this website. All you do is try to correct people, control people, and call out people you think are trolls (when you don't even know what a troll is).

Either way, I know who the hell Steven Hawking is you fvcking moron. How in the hell do you think I know what his theories are and how in the hell do you think I typed his name in google to find the link?

Fvcking idiot.

Tiel, are you that insistent on showing your ignorance of manners or science?

I am not the ignorant one. The mainstream scientific community are the ones who are ignorant and selectively choose what they feel is worthy of consideration through group bias. Science was not always this way. I would say that until the early 1900's science was a lot more open to possibility and took a wider range of concepts more seriously. Funny it's also the era when most of the greatest thinkers lived. Openness breeds intelligence. The founders of science would never have been as closed minded as modern scientists are. Modern science has far too much biased, not enough open consideration.

Are you really so ignorant as to follow modern theoretical science blindly as truth?
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 7:24:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 7:20:35 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 6:41:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/15/2011 6:40:56 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:32:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:27:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.

Usually, when someone makes a typo he either accidentally omits a letter or accidentally types an extra letter, I've never seen both before. This is some funky typo you got going on.....if it is even a typo at all (to which I have my suspicions.)

You are one of the biggest morons on this website. All you do is try to correct people, control people, and call out people you think are trolls (when you don't even know what a troll is).

Either way, I know who the hell Steven Hawking is you fvcking moron. How in the hell do you think I know what his theories are and how in the hell do you think I typed his name in google to find the link?

Fvcking idiot.

Tiel, are you that insistent on showing your ignorance of manners or science?

I am not the ignorant one. The mainstream scientific community are the ones who are ignorant and selectively choose what they feel is worthy of consideration through group bias. Science was not always this way. I would say that until the early 1900's science was a lot more open to possibility and took a wider range of concepts more seriously. Funny it's also the era when most of the greatest thinkers lived. Openness breeds intelligence. The founders of science would never have been as closed minded as modern scientists are. Modern science has far too much biased, not enough open consideration.


So we must openly accept all ideas, even if there appears to be a tear of falsity in them, Tiel?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 7:26:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 7:24:28 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/15/2011 7:20:35 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 6:41:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/15/2011 6:40:56 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:32:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:27:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.

Usually, when someone makes a typo he either accidentally omits a letter or accidentally types an extra letter, I've never seen both before. This is some funky typo you got going on.....if it is even a typo at all (to which I have my suspicions.)

You are one of the biggest morons on this website. All you do is try to correct people, control people, and call out people you think are trolls (when you don't even know what a troll is).

Either way, I know who the hell Steven Hawking is you fvcking moron. How in the hell do you think I know what his theories are and how in the hell do you think I typed his name in google to find the link?

Fvcking idiot.

Tiel, are you that insistent on showing your ignorance of manners or science?

I am not the ignorant one. The mainstream scientific community are the ones who are ignorant and selectively choose what they feel is worthy of consideration through group bias. Science was not always this way. I would say that until the early 1900's science was a lot more open to possibility and took a wider range of concepts more seriously. Funny it's also the era when most of the greatest thinkers lived. Openness breeds intelligence. The founders of science would never have been as closed minded as modern scientists are. Modern science has far too much biased, not enough open consideration.



So we must openly accept all ideas, even if there appears to be a tear of falsity in them, Tiel?

No. Place your current stance on a specific position firmly in your foundation, while at the same time being open to letting that stance shift in the light of other logical possibilities.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 7:27:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 7:26:37 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 7:24:28 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/15/2011 7:20:35 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 6:41:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/15/2011 6:40:56 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:32:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:27:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.

Usually, when someone makes a typo he either accidentally omits a letter or accidentally types an extra letter, I've never seen both before. This is some funky typo you got going on.....if it is even a typo at all (to which I have my suspicions.)

You are one of the biggest morons on this website. All you do is try to correct people, control people, and call out people you think are trolls (when you don't even know what a troll is).

Either way, I know who the hell Steven Hawking is you fvcking moron. How in the hell do you think I know what his theories are and how in the hell do you think I typed his name in google to find the link?

Fvcking idiot.

Tiel, are you that insistent on showing your ignorance of manners or science?

I am not the ignorant one. The mainstream scientific community are the ones who are ignorant and selectively choose what they feel is worthy of consideration through group bias. Science was not always this way. I would say that until the early 1900's science was a lot more open to possibility and took a wider range of concepts more seriously. Funny it's also the era when most of the greatest thinkers lived. Openness breeds intelligence. The founders of science would never have been as closed minded as modern scientists are. Modern science has far too much biased, not enough open consideration.



So we must openly accept all ideas, even if there appears to be a tear of falsity in them, Tiel?

No. Place your current stance on a specific position firmly in your foundation, while at the same time being open to letting that stance shift in the light of other logical possibilities.

Explain to me why you feel that 'group bias' is present in the scientific community...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 9:27:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 7:27:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/15/2011 7:26:37 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 7:24:28 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/15/2011 7:20:35 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 6:41:59 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/15/2011 6:40:56 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:32:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:27:24 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/15/2011 3:17:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

That theory isn't M-theory, and Hawking did not invent M-theory. Also, his name is not 'Hawkins'.

Usually, when someone makes a typo he either accidentally omits a letter or accidentally types an extra letter, I've never seen both before. This is some funky typo you got going on.....if it is even a typo at all (to which I have my suspicions.)

You are one of the biggest morons on this website. All you do is try to correct people, control people, and call out people you think are trolls (when you don't even know what a troll is).

Either way, I know who the hell Steven Hawking is you fvcking moron. How in the hell do you think I know what his theories are and how in the hell do you think I typed his name in google to find the link?

Fvcking idiot.

Tiel, are you that insistent on showing your ignorance of manners or science?

I am not the ignorant one. The mainstream scientific community are the ones who are ignorant and selectively choose what they feel is worthy of consideration through group bias. Science was not always this way. I would say that until the early 1900's science was a lot more open to possibility and took a wider range of concepts more seriously. Funny it's also the era when most of the greatest thinkers lived. Openness breeds intelligence. The founders of science would never have been as closed minded as modern scientists are. Modern science has far too much biased, not enough open consideration.



So we must openly accept all ideas, even if there appears to be a tear of falsity in them, Tiel?

No. Place your current stance on a specific position firmly in your foundation, while at the same time being open to letting that stance shift in the light of other logical possibilities.

Explain to me why you feel that 'group bias' is present in the scientific community...

I've already explained it in earlier posts. The current modern scientific community is selective in what it considers worthy of serious research and experimentation. There is plenty enough circumstantial evidence about many concepts currently not taken seriously by the mainstream scientific community, that they in fact should be considered more closely and seriously.

This evidence is just passed off as "something else could be the explanation" "it's an unexplainable scientific anomaly" "could be anything" "not enough there to be taken seriously"...etc...etc.

Basically they are written off as nonsense or scientific anomalies and left at that. There is plenty of evidence out there which has no currently known scientific explanation, yet these things are just scoffed at or passed onto the sidelines. It just straight up pisses me off. Science was not always this biased and closed minded. Luckily, science seems to be opening it's mind back up as technology is improving and new evidence is being documented. New technology is recording intelligent paranormal activity (spirit/ghost activity). Reincarnation is getting new support. The scientific understanding of the universe and consciousness is taking on a new outlook. Quantum mechanics is opening up minds. We are dawning on an age that might start to overlap the lines of spiritual beliefs and scientific evidence.

It's sometimes frustrating to be on the fringe of a revolutionary era, but it is also very exciting.

Explain to me how it is not present.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 10:28:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 2:45:36 PM, Tiel wrote:
Sorry, but Hawkins went on record to say that his theory was incorrect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

Hawking decided that black holes do not connect parallel universes, but that has no impact on the basic M-theory of parallel universes, the origin of the universe. Other scientists persist in theorizing that black holes are connection.

It's a common theme among Creationists that any imperfection in a theory suffices in their minds to trash the whole theory. That's not true. What is true is that the "theory of everything" is still unfinished. Creationism, in which all things are accomplished by magic without constraints, can never have a problem.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 11:13:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am not the ignorant one. The mainstream scientific community are the ones who are ignorant and selectively choose what they feel is worthy of consideration through group bias.

Science only deals with theories that can be tested. That aliens come from Vega across the galaxy to stomp patterns in our wheat is not testable. Psychic predictions can be tested, and they fail. So what is it that can be tested that scientists are refusing to consider?

Creationists have claimed that the reason that all the different methods for dating past eras are consistent is because scientists through away data that disagrees. Radiometic dating is a common service sold to anyone. S creationists could just take something like coral growth rings and send away samples for carbon dating. When scientists do that, the results are within a few percent. But creationists never do anything like that. If they had an interest in science, they would.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 1:48:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

OMG THIS IS GOOD FOR A LAUGH. Seriously, i am smiling the entire time i am typing this, although i was laughing when i first read it.

At 9/15/2011 9:27:48 PM, Tiel wrote:
I've already explained it in earlier posts. The current modern scientific community is selective in what it considers worthy of serious research and experimentation. There is plenty enough circumstantial evidence about many concepts currently not taken seriously by the mainstream scientific community, that they in fact should be considered more closely and seriously.

This evidence is just passed off as "something else could be the explanation" "it's an unexplainable scientific anomaly" "could be anything" "not enough there to be taken seriously"...etc...etc.

Basically they are written off as nonsense or scientific anomalies and left at that. There is plenty of evidence out there which has no currently known scientific explanation, yet these things are just scoffed at or passed onto the sidelines. It just straight up pisses me off. Science was not always this biased and closed minded. Luckily, science seems to be opening it's mind back up as technology is improving and new evidence is being documented. New technology is recording intelligent paranormal activity (spirit/ghost activity). Reincarnation is getting new support. The scientific understanding of the universe and consciousness is taking on a new outlook. Quantum mechanics is opening up minds. We are dawning on an age that might start to overlap the lines of spiritual beliefs and scientific evidence.

It's sometimes frustrating to be on the fringe of a revolutionary era, but it is also very exciting.


Explain to me how it is not present.

Sorry, but late night tv shows where people with hand-held shaky cameras running around an old house scaring themselves to death is not evidence of Ghosts.

And no, Quantum mechanics does not open the minds of Scientists. They are opening up the minds of the public, who are using bad understandings of Quantum Mechanics to justify their crazy ideas. Its people like you who would buy into the bullsh*t videos like "What the Bleep do we know", and im glad you are not a scientists, nor are barely competent enough to talk about science, otherwise you would be dragging the scientific community down with you into a deep hole of embarrassment.
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 2:50:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/15/2011 11:13:51 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I am not the ignorant one. The mainstream scientific community are the ones who are ignorant and selectively choose what they feel is worthy of consideration through group bias.

Science only deals with theories that can be tested. That aliens come from Vega across the galaxy to stomp patterns in our wheat is not testable. Psychic predictions can be tested, and they fail. So what is it that can be tested that scientists are refusing to consider?

Creationists have claimed that the reason that all the different methods for dating past eras are consistent is because scientists through away data that disagrees. Radiometic dating is a common service sold to anyone. S creationists could just take something like coral growth rings and send away samples for carbon dating. When scientists do that, the results are within a few percent. But creationists never do anything like that. If they had an interest in science, they would.

I'm not a creationist. I believe in both theology and evolution. Also, there is plenty of evidence in support of physic abilities. They don't keep at it like other concepts, that's the difference. A certain other concept can have no positive results, yet they will continue to spend obscene amounts of money on understanding the concept. They don't do that for other concepts, even if their are positive results to run with. This is because of bias. They say they have better concepts to spend time and money on. This is an acceptable response and so the bias passes as acceptable. Like I said, it doesn't matter because sooner or later the scientific community will have to take a serious look at the things it has scoffed at for 70 years. It probably already has and the truth is not known to the public. Why would the government tell the US public about aliens and physic abilities? It wouldn't. That would be very dangerous. It's funny how certain military experiments with civilian scientists all of a sudden shut down very quickly once certain results are shown. The military always then says that it has no further interest in the subject or that there is no reason to put any more money into the idea. I would put my money on the military rerouting those experiments in classified locations with better security and different scientists.

The best information is the information the public doesn't have.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 4:08:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 2:50:13 PM, Tiel wrote:
I'm not a creationist. I believe in both theology and evolution. Also, there is plenty of evidence in support of physic abilities. They don't keep at it like other concepts, that's the difference. A certain other concept can have no positive results, yet they will continue to spend obscene amounts of money on understanding the concept. They don't do that for other concepts, even if their are positive results to run with. This is because of bias. They say they have better concepts to spend time and money on. This is an acceptable response and so the bias passes as acceptable. Like I said, it doesn't matter because sooner or later the scientific community will have to take a serious look at the things it has scoffed at for 70 years. It probably already has and the truth is not known to the public. Why would the government tell the US public about aliens and physic abilities? It wouldn't. That would be very dangerous. It's funny how certain military experiments with civilian scientists all of a sudden shut down very quickly once certain results are shown. The military always then says that it has no further interest in the subject or that there is no reason to put any more money into the idea. I would put my money on the military rerouting those experiments in classified locations with better security and different scientists.

The best information is the information the public doesn't have.

Now you move on to conspiracy theories? Hahahaha.

Do you seriously believe this, or are you just trolling? Im starting to get the feeling that im being juked, because no one could possibly be this stupid....
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 2:20:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 4:08:03 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 9/16/2011 2:50:13 PM, Tiel wrote:
I'm not a creationist. I believe in both theology and evolution. Also, there is plenty of evidence in support of physic abilities. They don't keep at it like other concepts, that's the difference. A certain other concept can have no positive results, yet they will continue to spend obscene amounts of money on understanding the concept. They don't do that for other concepts, even if their are positive results to run with. This is because of bias. They say they have better concepts to spend time and money on. This is an acceptable response and so the bias passes as acceptable. Like I said, it doesn't matter because sooner or later the scientific community will have to take a serious look at the things it has scoffed at for 70 years. It probably already has and the truth is not known to the public. Why would the government tell the US public about aliens and physic abilities? It wouldn't. That would be very dangerous. It's funny how certain military experiments with civilian scientists all of a sudden shut down very quickly once certain results are shown. The military always then says that it has no further interest in the subject or that there is no reason to put any more money into the idea. I would put my money on the military rerouting those experiments in classified locations with better security and different scientists.

The best information is the information the public doesn't have.

Now you move on to conspiracy theories? Hahahaha.

Do you seriously believe this, or are you just trolling? Im starting to get the feeling that im being juked, because no one could possibly be this stupid....

Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid. Seems that you have shown which type you are.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 3:35:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 2:20:58 PM, Tiel wrote:
Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid. Seems that you have shown which type you are.

I never said that logical possibilities are stupid. Or are you trying to put words in my mouth as a last-ditch attempt to counter my arguments?

Only stupid people are unable to determine whether one possibility is more likely than another. Why isnt the government trying to shut down TV shows like Psychic Detectives? Why arent psychics mysteriously disappearing, especially the famous ones? Why havent non-government studies, yeilded any results? Can you cite me a single military experiment regarding psychics that showed any promise or any positive results?
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 3:44:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 3:35:20 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 9/17/2011 2:20:58 PM, Tiel wrote:
Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid. Seems that you have shown which type you are.

I never said that logical possibilities are stupid. Or are you trying to put words in my mouth as a last-ditch attempt to counter my arguments?

Only stupid people are unable to determine whether one possibility is more likely than another. Why isnt the government trying to shut down TV shows like Psychic Detectives? Why arent psychics mysteriously disappearing, especially the famous ones? Why havent non-government studies, yeilded any results? Can you cite me a single military experiment regarding psychics that showed any promise or any positive results?

Like I said.... Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 4:14:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 3:44:25 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/17/2011 3:35:20 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 9/17/2011 2:20:58 PM, Tiel wrote:
Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid. Seems that you have shown which type you are.

I never said that logical possibilities are stupid. Or are you trying to put words in my mouth as a last-ditch attempt to counter my arguments?

Only stupid people are unable to determine whether one possibility is more likely than another. Why isnt the government trying to shut down TV shows like Psychic Detectives? Why arent psychics mysteriously disappearing, especially the famous ones? Why havent non-government studies, yeilded any results? Can you cite me a single military experiment regarding psychics that showed any promise or any positive results?

Like I said.... Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid.

Like i said... I never said that.

Again, dont put words in my mouth, youre only making your position worse.
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 4:37:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 4:14:19 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 9/17/2011 3:44:25 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/17/2011 3:35:20 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 9/17/2011 2:20:58 PM, Tiel wrote:
Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid. Seems that you have shown which type you are.

I never said that logical possibilities are stupid. Or are you trying to put words in my mouth as a last-ditch attempt to counter my arguments?

Only stupid people are unable to determine whether one possibility is more likely than another. Why isnt the government trying to shut down TV shows like Psychic Detectives? Why arent psychics mysteriously disappearing, especially the famous ones? Why havent non-government studies, yeilded any results? Can you cite me a single military experiment regarding psychics that showed any promise or any positive results?

Like I said.... Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid.

Like i said... I never said that.

Again, dont put words in my mouth, youre only making your position worse.

My position was never bad to begin with. I'm not too concerned about what you think or your judgment on my perspective.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 4:39:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You guys aren't having a very intellectually engaging back and forth.

fyi

Not fun to read a debate where one side doesn't even attempt to debate.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 4:58:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 4:37:23 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/17/2011 4:14:19 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 9/17/2011 3:44:25 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/17/2011 3:35:20 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 9/17/2011 2:20:58 PM, Tiel wrote:
Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid. Seems that you have shown which type you are.

I never said that logical possibilities are stupid. Or are you trying to put words in my mouth as a last-ditch attempt to counter my arguments?

Only stupid people are unable to determine whether one possibility is more likely than another. Why isnt the government trying to shut down TV shows like Psychic Detectives? Why arent psychics mysteriously disappearing, especially the famous ones? Why havent non-government studies, yeilded any results? Can you cite me a single military experiment regarding psychics that showed any promise or any positive results?

Like I said.... Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid.

Like i said... I never said that.

Again, dont put words in my mouth, youre only making your position worse.

My position was never bad to begin with. I'm not too concerned about what you think or your judgment on my perspective.

The existance of contrary evidence, and having no supporting evidence is always bad.
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 5:04:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/17/2011 4:58:11 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 9/17/2011 4:37:23 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/17/2011 4:14:19 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 9/17/2011 3:44:25 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/17/2011 3:35:20 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 9/17/2011 2:20:58 PM, Tiel wrote:
Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid. Seems that you have shown which type you are.

I never said that logical possibilities are stupid. Or are you trying to put words in my mouth as a last-ditch attempt to counter my arguments?

Only stupid people are unable to determine whether one possibility is more likely than another. Why isnt the government trying to shut down TV shows like Psychic Detectives? Why arent psychics mysteriously disappearing, especially the famous ones? Why havent non-government studies, yeilded any results? Can you cite me a single military experiment regarding psychics that showed any promise or any positive results?

Like I said.... Only stupid people think logical possibilities are stupid.

Like i said... I never said that.

Again, dont put words in my mouth, youre only making your position worse.

My position was never bad to begin with. I'm not too concerned about what you think or your judgment on my perspective.

The existance of contrary evidence, and having no supporting evidence is always bad.

I'm done with this discussion.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."