Jump to topic:

Bigfoot

seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 5:51:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A while ago I was looking at a Bigfoot video, and it convinced me. It's pretty long, but very convincing. Here is the first part. Can anyone make any arguments against the ones presented in the video?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 5:56:34 PM
Yes. Bigfoot is irrelevant and a non-issue.

The search for Bigfoot is a waste of time.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 5:58:52 PM
At 9/13/2011 5:56:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

but I'm sure its part of your belief that bigfoot does exist, and lives in a cave somewhere in the Mojave desert along with Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, and the Illuminati? Right?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 6:06:37 PM
I watched the video a while ago and had to ask a few questions:

1. Even if Bigfoot existed, then how could it have fared with the bear population in the same region [as noted in the video, Bigfoot specimen were reporting feeding on the same prey as that of bears]?

2. Was technology at the time (Note that "the Patterson-Gimlin film (also referred to as simply the Patterson film) is a famous short motion picture of an unidentified subject the film makers purported to be a "Bigfoot", that was supposedly filmed on October 20, 1967 by Roger Patterson (February 14, 1926 – January 15, 1972) and Robert Gimlin (October 18, 1931) in the Six Rivers National Forest outside of Crescent City, California." http://en.wikipedia.org...) enough to construct an ape-like costume for a man to wear and take part in the "hoax"?

[Note that the entire episode of American Paranormal addresses this but I still ask for other answers to this question.]
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 6:12:50 PM
At 9/13/2011 5:58:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/13/2011 5:56:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

but I'm sure its part of your belief that bigfoot does exist, and lives in a cave somewhere in the Mojave desert along with Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, and the Illuminati? Right?

Santa clause is real he punched me in the mouth last year and that is how I became christian
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 4:58:56 PM
At 9/13/2011 5:51:08 PM, seraine wrote:
A while ago I was looking at a Bigfoot video, and it convinced me. It's pretty long, but very convincing. Here is the first part. Can anyone make any arguments against the ones presented in the video?

Well, the practical arguments against it are enormous. To think that an 8-9 ft tall primate is roaming freely yet eluding truly credible evidence seems remote. However, the most compelling piece of evidence comes from the Patterson film for one reason alone.

After stabilizing the video, clearing up as much grain as possible, and digitally zooming in, there are few frames where you actually see musculature in the legs flexing and rippling. That much detail would have been very difficult to hoax today, let alone 1967.

That is the one piece of evidence that, to me, lends any credence to its authenticity.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 7:23:43 PM
At 9/13/2011 6:06:37 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I watched the video a while ago and had to ask a few questions:

1. Even if Bigfoot existed, then how could it have fared with the bear population in the same region [as noted in the video, Bigfoot specimen were reporting feeding on the same prey as that of bears]?

2. Was technology at the time (Note that "the Patterson-Gimlin film (also referred to as simply the Patterson film) is a famous short motion picture of an unidentified subject the film makers purported to be a "Bigfoot", that was supposedly filmed on October 20, 1967 by Roger Patterson (February 14, 1926 – January 15, 1972) and Robert Gimlin (October 18, 1931) in the Six Rivers National Forest outside of Crescent City, California." http://en.wikipedia.org...) enough to construct an ape-like costume for a man to wear and take part in the "hoax"?

Like 1/2 of the video is showing how it would be impossible to fake it due to the technology that was needed was only available in the 80's.

[Note that the entire episode of American Paranormal addresses this but I still ask for other answers to this question.]
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 7:40:42 PM
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp