Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Underwater Exploration vs Space Exploration

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 1:25:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Where should the US government put their money, time and resources?

Underwater exploration: Mostly done by NOAA
1) Cheaper
2) Limited volume of space to explore
3) More familiar to people

Space Exploration: Mostly done by NASA
1) Unlimited amount of space to explore
2) More expensive
3) Unfamiliar

Other issues to consider
1) What is the purpose of either?
2) Which one has more practical benefits?
3) Which one is a proven success?

Who is interested in a topic like this? What side would you take? I might debate this in the near future.
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 1:41:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/2/2011 1:25:25 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Where should the US government put their money, time and resources?

Underwater exploration: Mostly done by NOAA
1) Cheaper
2) Limited volume of space to explore
3) More familiar to people

Space Exploration: Mostly done by NASA
1) Unlimited amount of space to explore
2) More expensive
3) Unfamiliar

Other issues to consider
1) What is the purpose of either?
2) Which one has more practical benefits?
3) Which one is a proven success?

Who is interested in a topic like this? What side would you take? I might debate this in the near future.

I would favor ocean exploration. My girlfriend is the same way. It's less expensive (let's face it, we need to save our money from frivolous expenditures) and can have a more direct impact on our lives. Say we explore the whole of the pacific, then start innovating agriculture so that we can grow stuff on the bottom of the ocean ( a very loose, not well backed proposal). Or just finding out what's down there. That's very interesting to me....we already have a good idea of the certain things in space farther out and things to expect.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 1:50:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/2/2011 1:41:56 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
At 10/2/2011 1:25:25 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Where should the US government put their money, time and resources?

Underwater exploration: Mostly done by NOAA
1) Cheaper
2) Limited volume of space to explore
3) More familiar to people

Space Exploration: Mostly done by NASA
1) Unlimited amount of space to explore
2) More expensive
3) Unfamiliar

Other issues to consider
1) What is the purpose of either?
2) Which one has more practical benefits?
3) Which one is a proven success?

Who is interested in a topic like this? What side would you take? I might debate this in the near future.

I would favor ocean exploration. My girlfriend is the same way. It's less expensive (let's face it, we need to save our money from frivolous expenditures) and can have a more direct impact on our lives. Say we explore the whole of the pacific, then start innovating agriculture so that we can grow stuff on the bottom of the ocean ( a very loose, not well backed proposal). Or just finding out what's down there. That's very interesting to me....we already have a good idea of the certain things in space farther out and things to expect.

Would you be interested in debating me on this in the near future? I could argue either side but personally I am very interested in space exploration and I can defend a resolution that the USFG should spend more time on Space Exploration.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 2:12:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/2/2011 1:25:25 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Where should the US government put their money, time and resources?

Underwater exploration: Mostly done by NOAA
1) Cheaper
: 2) Limited volume of space to explore
3) More familiar to people

its technically limited, but is it really that limited? The ocean is vast; we've explored less than 10% of it.

This is an interesting topic; I think both are important to explore, but i'd be willing to take the water side on this if Partham doesn't accept the offer.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 2:36:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/2/2011 2:27:26 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
I will debate it with you F-16, unless you are very passionate about it Lickdafoot :) haha I feel like it will be a good debate.

it's okay, you were first. feel free!! i'll be reading it
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 2:39:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/2/2011 2:36:47 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 10/2/2011 2:27:26 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
I will debate it with you F-16, unless you are very passionate about it Lickdafoot :) haha I feel like it will be a good debate.

it's okay, you were first. feel free!! i'll be reading it

Awesome. Take your time issuing the challenge F-16, I am in no hurry haha
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 2:47:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/2/2011 2:39:53 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
At 10/2/2011 2:36:47 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 10/2/2011 2:27:26 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
I will debate it with you F-16, unless you are very passionate about it Lickdafoot :) haha I feel like it will be a good debate.

it's okay, you were first. feel free!! i'll be reading it

Awesome. Take your time issuing the challenge F-16, I am in no hurry haha

Sure. It might take a few days because I want to research the topic enough and make it a good debate. That'll give you time to research as well. I'm looking forward to this debate.

@LDF, I know you are interested in Space. We could always do another debate relating to space.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 2:48:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/2/2011 2:47:06 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/2/2011 2:39:53 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
At 10/2/2011 2:36:47 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 10/2/2011 2:27:26 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
I will debate it with you F-16, unless you are very passionate about it Lickdafoot :) haha I feel like it will be a good debate.

it's okay, you were first. feel free!! i'll be reading it

Awesome. Take your time issuing the challenge F-16, I am in no hurry haha

Sure. It might take a few days because I want to research the topic enough and make it a good debate. That'll give you time to research as well. I'm looking forward to this debate.
I just want to make there is someone who is not a newbie and who is interested in debating this topic before I launch into my research, so I know it won't be futile.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 2:55:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/2/2011 2:47:06 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

@LDF, I know you are interested in Space. We could always do another debate relating to space.

Yes, i am still thinking of the right topic for us!
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2011 6:06:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I believe that the debate has ended.

Space is cooler.

There are thousands of tv series about space.

There is what one maybe two about under water series?

The money is clear.