Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Expedition to Hollow Earth

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 12:37:51 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
If anyone here is interested in exploring our Hollow Earth, here is a link to apply. It will be a 15 day expedition to the opening in the North Pole this summer. They plan to capture 3,000 hours of footage for 5 documentaries. They expect to encounter unknown innerterrestrial entities inside of Aghartha and hope to come back with footage.

http://www.phoenixsciencefoundation.org...

http://www.thenewearth.org...

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 7:50:14 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Phoenix Foundation?!

Macgyver is going to the centre of the planet..?

lol "One Expedition Parka
All meals and lodging for the entire 15 days
All visas and fees"

" there will be high seas"

Arrrrr hollow Earth pirates.

==

It's a clear money scam - "We reserve the right to direct investments and donations to any legitimate purpose pursuant to completion of the NPIEE"

On a video presentation he makes "... to find out if the Earth is hollow..or not"

Translation "You agree to give me money for a trip to find nothing unusual."
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 1:39:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 6:48:59 AM, Volkov wrote:
Geo, this is a serious question.

Is there an alternative science that you don't believe?

Haha seriously, this boy is wack.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 2:10:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
This is one pseudo-science I would LOVE to be true. I'd buy a house there.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 2:34:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 6:48:59 AM, Volkov wrote:
Geo, this is a serious question.

Is there an alternative science that you don't believe?

Of course. There is a lot of disinformation out there. You gotta learn how to weed through all the information to see what's true and what's not.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 2:45:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Kay.
Now do some weeding: How does hollow earth avoid collapsing?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 4:27:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 2:45:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Kay.
Now do some weeding: How does hollow earth avoid collapsing?

SHHH! Don't bring logic and reason here!
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 4:31:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 2:45:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Kay.
Now do some weeding: How does hollow earth avoid collapsing?

Its supported by ancient Atlantean columns that curiously resemble Roman columns and somehow got underground. As well, there is a star inside our planet. Why it hasn't burned everything in site, and how volcanoes work, are proof that the Sun is actually a living being. How? I'm not sure, but it sounds like something David Icke would say.
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 4:43:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 2:45:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Kay.
Now do some weeding: How does hollow earth avoid collapsing?

A better question would be how it could form in the first place.
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 4:44:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 12:37:51 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
If anyone here is interested in exploring our Hollow Earth, here is a link to apply. It will be a 15 day expedition to the opening in the North Pole this summer. They plan to capture 3,000 hours of footage for 5 documentaries. They expect to encounter unknown innerterrestrial entities inside of Aghartha and hope to come back with footage.

http://www.phoenixsciencefoundation.org...

http://www.thenewearth.org...


.

Is the latter link supposed to be literal when it shows the inner continents as being green? As in having plants inside of it? That's silly because there would be no sunlight inside of the earth.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 4:47:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 4:44:15 PM, Harlan wrote:
Is the latter link supposed to be literal when it shows the inner continents as being green? As in having plants inside of it? That's silly because there would be no sunlight inside of the earth.

No no no, there is a star inside the Earth.

http://www.giulianaconforto.it...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 5:31:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 4:31:48 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/10/2009 2:45:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Kay.
Now do some weeding: How does hollow earth avoid collapsing?

Its supported by ancient Atlantean columns that curiously resemble Roman columns and somehow got underground. As well, there is a star inside our planet. Why it hasn't burned everything in site, and how volcanoes work, are proof that the Sun is actually a living being. How? I'm not sure, but it sounds like something David Icke would say.

Yes, there is a central sun as depicted in the diagram. As far as the earth collapsing, the thickness of the earth is 1,000 miles which should be more than enough to support the structures on the surface. Just think about the scale. A building on top of the earth is like a spec of dust on a basketball. Is the basketball gonna collapse? No. Because the thickness of the earth is 1000 miles deep, there is obviously enough room for magma to reside under the crust, thus allowing volcanoes.

Here are some explanations about the complications of the hollow earth.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com...

And no, David Icke has never mentioned hollow earth, at least not that I've ever seen.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 5:38:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 5:31:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Yes, there is a central sun as depicted in the diagram. As far as the earth collapsing, the thickness of the earth is 1,000 miles which should be more than enough to support the structures on the surface. Just think about the scale. A building on top of the earth is like a spec of dust on a basketball. Is the basketball gonna collapse? No. Because the thickness of the earth is 1000 miles deep, there is obviously enough room for magma to reside under the crust, thus allowing volcanoes.

I know you're not a geologist, but do you understand the force required to force lava to the surface? Any idea? You need a lot more than 1000 miles - technically only 500, because we need to split it in half due to the 'inner world' being apart on it as well - of molten rock creating pressure against the crust to force it.

Here are some explanations about the complications of the hollow earth.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com...

This was created in 1885, when they barely knew what a telephone was. I seriously doubt they would understand what we know now about magma, seismic events and etc.

And no, David Icke has never mentioned hollow earth, at least not that I've ever seen.

I was trying to make a point.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 5:40:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
By the way, why is it the 'expedition to the hollow earth' is more interesting than literal, reality-based discussions about the progression of space technology?

I'll just have to name it "New World Order shuns space shuttles?" next time.
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 6:05:29 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I know you're not a geologist, but do you understand the force required to force lava to the surface? Any idea? You need a lot more than 1000 miles - technically only 500, because we need to split it in half due to the 'inner world' being apart on it as well - of molten rock creating pressure against the crust to force it.

Not to mention the fact that the force of gravity would be much smaller if the Earth was hollow, i.e. less mass. Our measurements say otherwise.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 6:13:42 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 6:05:29 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
I know you're not a geologist, but do you understand the force required to force lava to the surface? Any idea? You need a lot more than 1000 miles - technically only 500, because we need to split it in half due to the 'inner world' being apart on it as well - of molten rock creating pressure against the crust to force it.

Not to mention the fact that the force of gravity would be much smaller if the Earth was hollow, i.e. less mass. Our measurements say otherwise.

How can you say that without a frame of reference? You would have to know how "strong" the fabric of space-time is.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 6:17:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 6:13:42 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Not to mention the fact that the force of gravity would be much smaller if the Earth was hollow, i.e. less mass. Our measurements say otherwise.

How can you say that without a frame of reference? You would have to know how "strong" the fabric of space-time is.

So how can you say that without a frame of reference? Do you know how "strong" the fabric of space-time is?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 6:28:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 6:17:11 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 5/10/2009 6:13:42 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
Not to mention the fact that the force of gravity would be much smaller if the Earth was hollow, i.e. less mass. Our measurements say otherwise.

How can you say that without a frame of reference? You would have to know how "strong" the fabric of space-time is.

So how can you say that without a frame of reference? Do you know how "strong" the fabric of space-time is?

I do not know, which is why I didn't make the assumption TheSkeptic did.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 7:10:32 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 5:31:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Yes, there is a central sun as depicted in the diagram.

Nuuuuuu. A star requires a minimum mass to be stable. It's around 8% of our sun - which makes Earth about oh 50 000 times too small.

http://www.springerlink.com...

Nor can it account for the way in which seismic waves travel, which allows us to 'see' the core.

http://dl.ccc.cccd.edu...

Nor a magnetic core. The earth is not a large permanent magnet, as magnetic minerals lose their magnetism when temperatures increase over 500 degrees Celsius. The only other way to make a magnetic field is with a circulating electric current. Convection and circulation of electrically conductive molten iron in the Earth's outer core makes this happen.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 7:32:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 7:10:32 PM, Puck wrote:
At 5/10/2009 5:31:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Yes, there is a central sun as depicted in the diagram.

Nuuuuuu. A star requires a minimum mass to be stable. It's around 8% of our sun - which makes Earth about oh 50 000 times too small.

http://www.springerlink.com...

Nor can it account for the way in which seismic waves travel, which allows us to 'see' the core.

http://dl.ccc.cccd.edu...

Nor a magnetic core. The earth is not a large permanent magnet, as magnetic minerals lose their magnetism when temperatures increase over 500 degrees Celsius. The only other way to make a magnetic field is with a circulating electric current. Convection and circulation of electrically conductive molten iron in the Earth's outer core makes this happen.

I understand that there are many problems with this hollow earth concept, such as inner earth gravity, volcanoes, how it formed, the nature of the central sun, are other planets also hollow, etc. but this doesn't stop the fact that Admiral Byrd flew his plane into and explored hollow earth in 1947. Not to mention other sea voyages that have also confirmed this.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 8:06:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 7:32:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I understand that there are many problems with this hollow earth concept, such as inner earth gravity, volcanoes, how it formed, the nature of the central sun, are other planets also hollow, etc.

K..stop there.. this is not a "but why might this be so" science class, it's a "no it's a load of bs and here is why" science class.

but this doesn't stop the fact that Admiral Byrd flew his plane into and explored hollow earth in 1947.

Nope, not a *fact.* He reported it. He is not evidence over physics. "You gotta learn how to weed through all the information to see what's true and what's not." Remember that part? That's when bells should be ringing.. hmm we have a guy saying things..we have lots of valid information saying he is wrong - and you pick the guy saying unsupported stuff side. See you don't "weed" through the information. You water and fertilise it.

Not to mention other sea voyages that have also confirmed this.

No, not confirmed. At all. People just saying it doesn't count.
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 8:18:36 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
How can you say that without a frame of reference? You would have to know how "strong" the fabric of space-time is.

What the heck is the strength of the fabric of space-time?!
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 8:23:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Geolauriete, how can you possibly explain how such a thing would form? There would be nothing to cause it to form, excepting some sort of magical deity.
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 8:31:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Also, how extroardinarily convenient that the thickness of the earth is 1000 miles. What a coincedence that it happens to be exactly 10 (the amount our numerical system is primarily based on) cubed of the statute mile.
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 8:34:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 12:37:51 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
If anyone here is interested in exploring our Hollow Earth, here is a link to apply. It will be a 15 day expedition to the opening in the North Pole this summer. They plan to capture 3,000 hours of footage for 5 documentaries. They expect to encounter unknown innerterrestrial entities inside of Aghartha and hope to come back with footage.

Yeah...3000 hours is a 150 days. I don't see how they could possibly do it on a 15 day expedition.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 8:35:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 8:34:01 PM, Harlan wrote:
At 5/10/2009 12:37:51 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
If anyone here is interested in exploring our Hollow Earth, here is a link to apply. It will be a 15 day expedition to the opening in the North Pole this summer. They plan to capture 3,000 hours of footage for 5 documentaries. They expect to encounter unknown innerterrestrial entities inside of Aghartha and hope to come back with footage.

Yeah...3000 hours is a 150 days. I don't see how they could possibly do it on a 15 day expedition.

They can bend time, don't you know?

Or maybe when you go around the 'hole', time becomes weird and distorted.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2009 8:41:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/10/2009 8:18:36 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
How can you say that without a frame of reference? You would have to know how "strong" the fabric of space-time is.

What the heck is the strength of the fabric of space-time?!

It's ability to cause gravity, presumably, think it has something to do with the proposed "unified force" in (was it 9 dimensions) and it's relation to gravity.

Geolaureate, stick with science a layman has a realistic shot at understanding the basic relevant aspects of. Otherwise, you're just an Illuminati pawn yourself.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.