Jump to topic:

Any Alterneted Theories?

EmpiricalFact
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 10:22:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was wondering if any of you guys knew any other theories that explained the origin of the universe besides the "Big Bang"?Theories that atleast make a little sense or have some kind of scientific value will do.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 10:34:01 AM
At 11/10/2011 10:22:22 AM, EmpiricalFact wrote:
I was wondering if any of you guys knew any other theories that explained the origin of the universe besides the "Big Bang"?Theories that atleast make a little sense or have some kind of scientific value will do.

No. I'm sorry. I'm not aware of any other theories outside of science that have scientific value.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 3:29:24 PM
There is no one "big bang" theory.

There are actually a few of them.

There are plenty of models that suggest that the universe did not in fact have a beginning. The Big Bang, contrary to what most believe, is more accurately described as the "beginning" of the universe as it is recognizable today.

Also, contrary to the image that "big bang" puts in the head, it doesn't actually describe an explosion, but a rapid expansion.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 3:36:31 PM
An explosion is a rapid expansion.

But anyway, yes, there are multiple "big bang" theories. And there are more various "theories" about what caused the big bang (I like the frisky branes, personally).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 3:57:52 PM
Multiverse.
Cyclical Universe.

Also the theory that the Multiverse is filled with cyclical universes.

There's also M-brane donut theory.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 4:15:01 PM
The next big thing in science news:
The Tripping Pink Lawn Flamingo theory of cosmogenesis is supplanted by the Cosmic Monocle theory.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 8:58:29 PM
At 11/10/2011 3:36:31 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
An explosion is a rapid expansion.

But anyway, yes, there are multiple "big bang" theories. And there are more various "theories" about what caused the big bang (I like the frisky branes, personally).

I think his point is that it wasn't instantaneous, but theoretically, still occurring right this moment.

Anyway, here's an alternative, based on cycles:

http://www.sciencedaily.com...

I guess that's +1 for Buddhism and Geolaureate, eh? ^_^
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2011 12:39:46 PM

The Big Bang is now often thought to be a consequence of a bigger theory that includes an infinite number of parallel universes. Read Hawking and Mlodinow "the Grand Design"
Chthonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2011 12:55:37 PM

I like Martin Bojowald's idea of "Loop Quantum Cosmology". It seems to address the singularity problem of the "Big Bang" using quantum gravity. The impetus for this theory is to unite general relativity with the subatomic world by quantum mechanics.
http://arxiv.org...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 2:53:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago

Some eastern philosophies explan the universe as a cyclical. In that the universe cycles threw coming to be only to be destroyed to come back together again.

e.g.
Explosions to implosions thus to an inverse (explosion only to implode) then back over again..

The Big bang could be considered an explosion, and that maybe at one point things will slow down only to come back and pick up speed to implode.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 3:31:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/13/2011 12:39:46 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

The Big Bang is now often thought to be a consequence of a bigger theory that includes an infinite number of parallel universes. Read Hawking and Mlodinow "the Grand Design"

eh.. I know.. I have heard of it.... but I don't consider 'infinite" as a valid explanation. I suspect infinite is a contradiction.. in that it is a lack of knowledge which gives an infinite appearence..

First argument:
firstly its a negative definition..... it is simple not-finite... eh.. that doesn't really explain what it is. Only what it is not.. but what.. is not.. is not.. so it doesn't exist..
to suppose another things you need a demarcation priniple.. and there is not one here..
The word infinite can also be represented by not ever.. . of never ending..
all simply expressions of notness.. that is non-existence..

Second arguement:
false continuity???
What we know for sure is when we perceive a finite entitiy.. . like some dots:
but if you go back far enough the dots will turn to a line.... That is when the your brain lacks informatoin.. things appear continuous.. .. in this case that lack of spatial information is false demarcating information between the dot........(ohh yeah Eistien is wrong about space relativity I can challenge anybody to that if they want);)

P1 another example is that when we see continuity around us we have reason to believe there are atoms with space between them. which of course makes it not continuous..
even a line on a paper if we zoom in close enough we now there will be separation...

that is the perfect continuity is only in the mind... e.g "the perfect triangle is in the mind" Socrates"

That is we never know if continuity is really just discret. But we know for sure that discretness appears contintuous with an increase of ignorace.....

that is we think a line has infinite point.. but this is false.. they confuse.. no point in particular.... They need to redifine it

again we may say that like it goes on for ever but this never can be true for its will never be forever.... all we know when we say that is a direction.. e.g. it goes in that direction....but we should say but I don't know what it ends..

so it is something to be suspecious about..

but we have to much pride so we stay stuck in illusion.. well those who cant admit when they have been Fooled ;)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL