Jump to topic:

Daylight Savings Time

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 12:05:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Which do you prefer here ? Daylight Savings Time or Spring Forward ?
I like the last one. And that is because we are much more energetic and creative when we get more daylight hours in a day. In case you havent noriced, it is getting much darker much faster here in the US. And as for me, it is a reasonable transition. But I admit, this one even makes me yawn a few times for sure.
I find myself falling to sleep at an earlier hour, like 9PM at night.
I am adjusting though. Wow. Are you ?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 11:50:09 AM
At 11/17/2011 12:05:06 PM, inferno wrote:
Which do you prefer here ? Daylight Savings Time or Spring Forward ?
I like the last one. And that is because we are much more energetic and creative when we get more daylight hours in a day. In case you havent noriced, it is getting much darker much faster here in the US. And as for me, it is a reasonable transition. But I admit, this one even makes me yawn a few times for sure.
I find myself falling to sleep at an earlier hour, like 9PM at night.
I am adjusting though. Wow. Are you ?

Which one do you like better ?
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 12:54:10 PM
We are currently on standard time now (fall behind, spring ahead). In the Spring, we get on daylight savings time. I too prefer DST over standard time. In the fall/winter months you get up in the morning & it's dark...and when you come home from work it's dark! That totally sucks! No wonder the suicide rate is higher during this time of the year!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 12:58:14 PM
At 11/21/2011 12:54:10 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
We are currently on standard time now (fall behind, spring ahead). In the Spring, we get on daylight savings time. I too prefer DST over standard time. In the fall/winter months you get up in the morning & it's dark...and when you come home from work it's dark! That totally sucks! No wonder the suicide rate is higher during this time of the year!

But it fits the holiday season. I am here in America, and many of us like that fact that the days are shorter when it is cold. And longer when warm.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 1:28:32 PM
At 11/21/2011 12:58:14 PM, inferno wrote:

But it fits the holiday season. I am here in America, and many of us like that fact that the days are shorter when it is cold. And longer when warm.

But the days are ALREADY shorter when it's cold and longer when it's warm with or without DST. All I'm saying is that I prefer them to be longer at all times. The closer you are to the equator, the less of a difference in daylight between warm & cold seasons.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 1:32:08 PM
At 11/21/2011 1:28:32 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 11/21/2011 12:58:14 PM, inferno wrote:

But the days are ALREADY shorter when it's cold and longer when it's warm with or without DST. All I'm saying is that I prefer them to be longer at all times. The closer you are to the equator, the less of a difference in daylight between warm & cold seasons.

I see.