Jump to topic:

Involuntary Human Experimentation...

WriterSelbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 4:56:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
...will prove, that in fact, we are capable of carrying the fetuses of cows inside our bodies, males as well, and vice versa. If only the government were to experiment so, we would be able to experiment on men and create an artificial womb to hold their babies and fertilize their artificial eggs.

I also wish to transfer the limbs of animals to people and see if we would ever be able to connect the nerves. As a plus, not only would we be certain of the ability to replace damaged or 'missing' limbs but we would also piss off PETA as we all strut about in our fur coats hoping another nude Eva Mendes ad for PETA comes out.

So, involuntary human experimentation for the greater good of man-kind. Good? Bad? Suggestions on other experiments we should do on the unwilling?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 12:51:06 PM
drug and medicine testing. Testing on mice and such can only be so accurate when it comes to the effects and side effects of new medicines. Testing on people allows for much greater accuracy, which can save countless lives, by both allowing a better understanding of the drug, and a better understanding of the side effects.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
kogline
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 12:31:16 AM
k gotta post again. is providing experimental treatment to voluntary people such as those in desperate situations like diseases where other medication isn't working, or paying people who agree to be labrats not enough for you?

you sound like modern mengele's. sadistic sociopaths trying to justify your agression with an altruistic rationalization.
if state farm has perfected teleportation technology why do they still sell car insurance?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 3:52:08 PM
Use the prison population.

Could even make it voluntary, bring forward parole hearings, permit games consoles in the cell.

Gestate a cow fetus, play skyrim.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 4:13:05 PM
The problem I see is that it would start out benign and then turn over to bureaucracy causing it to almost be necessary to maintain some liberty such as citizenship or not being fined. Plus with a huge amount of voluntary people (if they offered a desirable amount of payment) the pharmacy companies could potentially get lazy and start testing drugs without completing all initial testing first. This could cause huge disasters. Also this would further the separation between upper and lower class. In theory I think it sounds good, but when considering all the fallout I think it would be borderline disastrous.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:29:14 PM
At 11/20/2011 4:13:05 PM, Crede wrote:
The problem I see is that it would start out benign and then turn over to bureaucracy causing it to almost be necessary to maintain some liberty such as citizenship or not being fined. Plus with a huge amount of voluntary people (if they offered a desirable amount of payment) the pharmacy companies could potentially get lazy and start testing drugs without completing all initial testing first. This could cause huge disasters. Also this would further the separation between upper and lower class. In theory I think it sounds good, but when considering all the fallout I think it would be borderline disastrous.

I concurr with everything you stated.
I would additionally add, medicinal testing on humans that was monetary, would naturally result in oppressing the poor. Only the poor would do this.

I agree that the Pharm companies adhere to no moral obligations to their customers. It would only lead to an obligation of profit to their bottom line to the detriment of the poor.