Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2009 5:10:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://www.cbc.ca...

I love CBC.

Anyways, I find this kind of research extremely interesting. The fact that these transgenic marmosets can now produce offspring astounds me. What do others think?
beem0r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2009 10:46:27 PM
Ah yeah, I saw this the other day.
Supposedly, techniques we learn from doing this useless stuff could help us with either genetic modification of humans to eliminate genetic diseases or genetic modification of other primates to add diseases so we can do tests and figure out how to treat them.

And as an added bonus, marmosets with glowing green feet! I'm sure they'll sell high on ebay.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2009 9:18:29 AM
Anyone who bothers to keep up with this or who actually know enough to understand the significance of something like this, probably expected it a long time coming. Regardless, there's always a kick-in-the-stomach feeling when we see actual results. It makes me disappointed knowing that I probably won't be able to take advantage of the fruits of these experiments, but it's also a relief knowing that my children probably will.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 11:58:54 AM
Let's consider this. Scientist A walks into work one day

Scientist A 'Hey want to find a cure for cancer?'

Scientist B 'No! Let's make Monkey's feet glow!'

Scientist A walks off

Scientist A 'Want to help me make the production of live saving medicines cheaper to produce to benefit 3rd world countries?'

Scientist C 'What? We're all going to study the effects of Vodka on teen giraffes.'

Etcetera, Etcetera.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.