Who heres studies Astronomy?

Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 1:31:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm getting really interested in it and I wanna know more about it :3
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 9:02:31 PM
At 1/29/2012 1:31:30 PM, Yarely wrote:

I'm in an astronomy class
Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:38:40 PM
At 2/1/2012 9:02:31 PM, Brain_crazy wrote:

What is the general gist of astronomy?
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:42:15 PM
At 2/2/2012 9:38:40 PM, Yarely wrote:

Space.
sorry, couldn't resist.

The first year astronomy that I took was mostly about the formation of planets and the geography of various planets (though the entire first term was spent on the moon and mars).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 2:42:12 PM
At 2/2/2012 10:42:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Space.
sorry, couldn't resist.

The first year astronomy that I took was mostly about the formation of planets and the geography of various planets (though the entire first term was spent on the moon and mars).

LOOL.......space
-Emma Goldman
CrimsonTokala
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:39:28 PM
: At 1/29/2012 1:31:30 PM, Yarely wrote:

I spent three solid days studying this
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 2:00:00 PM

Yarely if you enjoy learning about black holes, supernovae, stars and planets, then you'll love astronomy. You don't need a strong physics background to enjoy the concepts presented. I would suggest starting with Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time to get your feet wet. You can look at various pictures and random facts about the universe, but a book like this will help organize the philosophy behind astronomy without leading you to too many crazy misinformed ideas. For instance, an astronomy book can tell you how strong the gravity is from a black hole, but without some perspective on what they're saying, it doesn't make as much sense.
Rob
Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 6:45:20 PM
At 2/6/2012 2:00:00 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Yarely if you enjoy learning about black holes, supernovae, stars and planets, then you'll love astronomy. You don't need a strong physics background to enjoy the concepts presented. I would suggest starting with Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time to get your feet wet. You can look at various pictures and random facts about the universe, but a book like this will help organize the philosophy behind astronomy without leading you to too many crazy misinformed ideas. For instance, an astronomy book can tell you how strong the gravity is from a black hole, but without some perspective on what they're saying, it doesn't make as much sense.

Wow thanks a lot! I'll go check out that book!
Right now I'm reading "Deep Sky Objects." by David H. Levy, which isn't really a starting book for astronomy because it's kind of more like a personal account into an astronomer's joy for stars and comets.
It's a really nice book but some of the things he says are confusing because I don't really know all that much about astronomy
But I'll go check out that Stephen Hawking book
-Emma Goldman