Jump to topic:

Right Side Brain/Left Side Brain

Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 6:39:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You know how they say that if you're right handed, the left side of your brain is the dominant (logical side of the brain) and when you're left handed, the right side of your brain is dominant (creative side of the brain)?
I am right handed and even though I do consider myself to be somewhat logical, I wouldn't say that I am MOSTLY logical. In fact I never really liked math that much.
I tend to be so much more interested in creativity. I have made a lot of songs and ideas for cartoons that I would want to make and ideas for comic books.
My sister is left handed and what's weird is that she tends to be more interested in logical subjects. She's interested in psychology
So it really doesn't make any sense
And when people compare us both they always say my sister is more analytical
So I really don't get it
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 6:50:26 PM
Maybe your wrong about which side of your brain you really are similiar with.
Try this quiz, and prove yourself wrong, perhaps.

http://www.lumosity.com...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 6:55:00 PM
At 2/9/2012 6:50:26 PM, TUF wrote:

That link isn't really sending me to the quiz
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 6:56:02 PM
At 2/9/2012 6:55:00 PM, Yarely wrote:
At 2/9/2012 6:50:26 PM, TUF wrote:

That link isn't really sending me to the quiz

Just realized that. Forget I wrote anything. Buh bye
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 10:59:05 AM
At 2/9/2012 6:39:33 PM, Yarely wrote:
You know how they say that if you're right handed, the left side of your brain is the dominant (logical side of the brain) and when you're left handed, the right side of your brain is dominant (creative side of the brain)?
I am right handed and even though I do consider myself to be somewhat logical, I wouldn't say that I am MOSTLY logical. In fact I never really liked math that much.
I tend to be so much more interested in creativity. I have made a lot of songs and ideas for cartoons that I would want to make and ideas for comic books.
My sister is left handed and what's weird is that she tends to be more interested in logical subjects. She's interested in psychology
So I really don't get it

"You know how they say that if you're right handed, the left side of your brain is the dominant (logical side of the brain) and when you're left handed, the right side of your brain is dominant (creative side of the brain)?"

I'm not sure I've actually heard of that one, but I can certainly add it to my bin of brain myths. For one, while there is some truth to the left hemisphere being more logical and the right hemisphere being more creative, the view as a whole is far too simplistic. There is a large range of brain firings involved in the processing of both logical and creative activities.

Here take a look at this: http://www.ted.com...
Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 1:56:48 PM
At 2/10/2012 10:59:05 AM, Brain_crazy wrote:
So I really don't get it

"You know how they say that if you're right handed, the left side of your brain is the dominant (logical side of the brain) and when you're left handed, the right side of your brain is dominant (creative side of the brain)?"

I'm not sure I've actually heard of that one, but I can certainly add it to my bin of brain myths. For one, while there is some truth to the left hemisphere being more logical and the right hemisphere being more creative, the view as a whole is far too simplistic. There is a large range of brain firings involved in the processing of both logical and creative activities.

Wow thank you. That makes a whole lot more sense!
-Emma Goldman
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 2:09:54 PM
At 2/10/2012 1:56:48 PM, Yarely wrote:
At 2/10/2012 10:59:05 AM, Brain_crazy wrote:
So I really don't get it

Wow thank you. That makes a whole lot more sense!

no problem man, I'm glad I could help.