Total Posts:232|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

For those thinking evolution is a big hoax...

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:04:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Do you seriously, in your humble opinion, believe that scientists just make stuff up without any evidence, without any proof, and without any logic just to avoid the conclusion that there is no god? If you honestly think that, then can you provide PROOF for your creation myth (ESPECIALLY the one in Gen.1)
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:09:37 PM
At 4/29/2012 4:04:32 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Do you seriously, in your humble opinion, believe that scientists just make stuff up without any evidence, without any proof, and without any logic just to avoid the conclusion that there is no god? If you honestly think that, then can you provide PROOF for your creation myth (ESPECIALLY the one in Gen.1)

Ug, the Bible does not contradict evolution. I believe it. God used evolution.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:11:20 PM
At 4/29/2012 4:09:37 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:

And that is fine -- I'm talking about those that believe evolution is nothing but a made-up lie to discredit the bible.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:13:23 PM
Do you seriously, in your humble opinion, believe that scientists just make stuff up without any evidence

Bad argument. I can say the exact same thing about seven day creationist scientist.
kfc
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:15:18 PM
I believe in Micro Evolution, not as much Macro.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:17:11 PM
At 4/29/2012 4:15:18 PM, OberHerr wrote:

I'm working on some articles on evolution for some scholarly papers. Care to debate macroevolution to test my arguments?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 4:52:07 PM

Macro and Micro evolution are the same things. Micro+ cumulative generations=macro.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 5:17:13 PM
At 4/29/2012 4:52:07 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Macro and Micro evolution are the same things. Micro+ cumulative generations=macro.

They are different, though similar.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 5:19:33 PM
At 4/29/2012 4:16:56 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

What's the difference...?

Micro involves inter-species change. Macro is the change from one species to another.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 6:21:29 PM
At 4/29/2012 5:19:33 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/29/2012 4:16:56 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

What's the difference...?

Micro involves inter-species change. Macro is the change from one species to another.

Micro evolution would eventually lead to a change from one species to another given enough time. To change into a different species, the original species' reproductive physiology would have to under go enough micro evolution until, eventually, it would no longer be able to successfully mate with members of the original species (if you define species as a class of organisms that are able to mate with one another).
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:52:01 PM

I know that micro evolution exists, I was born! I don't believe in macro evolution, no evidence.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 6:17:19 AM
At 4/29/2012 8:52:01 PM, GodSands wrote:

I know that micro evolution exists, I was born! I don't believe in macro evolution, no evidence.

Actually there is a lot of evidence.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 7:34:51 AM

Only the Fossil Record, DNA Evidence, Molecular Evidence, Physiological Evidence, etc. indicate that this is true . . . but yeah, no evidence.

Macro evolution has even been empirically observed by examining viruses. One scientist even created a new species of amoeba by making a small change and sparking macroevolution. Macroevolution is the culmination of the changes that occur in microevolution. If macro did not exist, there would be no reason to have micro.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 12:30:46 PM
At 4/30/2012 8:12:35 AM, drafterman wrote:
Speciation has been observed.

That is all.

For proof:

http://www.talkorigins.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

westernmarch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 12:35:57 PM

Ugh, the Bible does not contradict evolution. I believe it. God used evolution.

That's a cop-out answer.
Clash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 6:31:08 PM
The theory of evolution is not a scientific fact. Although it has many things in it which are right, it also has many errors and unanswered questions. And as 1dustpelt said, God could indeed have used evolution. This doesn't contradict the Quran either. In fact, to say that the evolution of species happened only by pure chance, is something only fundamentalist Atheist's can say.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 8:07:04 PM

The Fool: can you quote those lines pls.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 8:10:06 PM
At 5/1/2012 6:31:08 PM, Clash wrote:
The theory of evolution is not a scientific fact. Although it has many things in it which are right, it also has many errors and unanswered questions. And as 1dustpelt said, God could indeed have used evolution. This doesn't contradict the Quran either. In fact, to say that the evolution of species happened only by pure chance, is something only fundamentalist Atheist's can say.

That right, Scientist are wrong about thier own scientific fact. lol
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 8:11:39 PM
At 5/1/2012 8:10:06 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

Care to expand on what a fundementalist is??
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 8:14:00 PM
At 5/1/2012 8:11:39 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 5/1/2012 8:10:06 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

Care to expand on what a fundementalist is??

Those atheists like Microsuck who hate everything about religion and attack it with every breath and are intolerant of religious people.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 6:32:28 AM

Welcome to the Wall of Fail.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 6:34:36 AM
At 5/2/2012 6:32:28 AM, Microsuck wrote:

Welcome to the Wall of Fail.

Note: If you don't know what is wrong with clash's statement, read this FAQ http://www.talkorigins.org...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 6:58:14 AM
The theory of evolution is not a scientific fact.

Correct, but only in the sense that theories and facts are two different things.
There is, however, the Theory of Evolution and the Facts of Evolution.

"Well evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape-like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

Although it has many things in it which are right, it also has many errors and unanswered questions.

As do all scientific theories.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 8:33:56 AM
At 5/2/2012 6:58:14 AM, drafterman wrote:

Correct, but only in the sense that theories and facts are two different things.
There is, however, the Theory of Evolution and the Facts of Evolution.

"Well evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape-like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

Although it has many things in it which are right, it also has many errors and unanswered questions.

As do all scientific theories.

Correct. The definition of a theory is a well supported conceptual framework that encompasses a large body of scientific facts, inferences, observations, and experiments and explains them in a coherent way.

[Source: Fairbanks, Daniel J. "What Is Evolution?" Evolving: The Human Effect and Why It Matters. Amherst, NY: Prometheus, 2012. 16. Print.]
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 10:22:52 AM

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be 'micro evolution'. Evolution works on gene pools, not individuals. Perhaps you meant mutation?
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 10:24:22 AM

The theory of evolution is the over-arching explanation of common descent and the origin of the species. Common descent is a fact.

Although it has many things in it which are right, it also has many errors and unanswered questions. And as 1dustpelt said, God could indeed have used evolution. This doesn't contradict the Quran either. In fact, to say that the evolution of species happened only by pure chance, is something only fundamentalist Atheist's can say.

Only fundamental atheists who don't understand natural selection.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 11:03:17 AM
At 4/29/2012 4:13:23 PM, Koopin wrote:
Do you seriously, in your humble opinion, believe that scientists just make stuff up without any evidence

Bad argument. I can say the exact same thing about seven day creationist scientist.

I dunno. "Creationists just make stuff up without any evidence" sounds a lot more plausible to me. :P