MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:01:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I find most of this extremely creepy: [http://www.cracked.com...]

Thoughts or rants?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:05:10 AM
Whoops, the title didn't quite make it in. Mentally add in "Working on" at the end.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 5:38:29 PM
At 5/28/2012 3:53:44 PM, Wnope wrote:
This is a freaking relief compared to MK Ultra.

That's the most shocking thing I've heard this month.

Wow. That shiit is crazy.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 12:23:32 PM
Meh, don't see what the big deal is.

5) Apocalyptic Superdiseases: It list Netherlands as a government sanctioned lab that's working on it. How do we know other countries (friend or foe) aren't also working on it? We don't and I would assume they are. Realize that we also study how to DEFEAT said superdisease and making them sure goes along way in learning how they work and how to defeat them.

4) VR Warfare: This sounds to me like the logical evolution of warfare. Why wouldn't we be working on this? It would save A LOT of soldiers lives (friendlies of course.) There are drawbacks (signal hacking/override etc.) so it's still quite a ways away (from Avatar-type that is.) But I am sure we'll see more of this in the shape of drones and swarms.

3) Off-World Mining: That's great! If we use a space elevator to bring the resources to earth, it's a zero pollution endeavor. I honestly can't find anything wrong with this at all.

2) Iris Scanning a-la-Minority Report: Also great idea but it can become obtrusive; however, it would take a REALLY long time in order for iris scanners to be "everywhere." Regardless, just wear sun glasses! Besides, I am sure that other technology (like contact lenses that block the scan) will have a work around. The key is to keep government in check.

1) Designer Baby Clinics: This is old news and also an inevitability. Many people will choose not to and some will. Regardless, so long as the government doesn't get involved in "forcing" people to do it, then it's fine by my book.

In the end this is much-a-do about nothing.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.