Jump to topic:

Lykenskoism

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:46:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
For a brief background, Lykenskoism is based on the principles of Michuri, one of the more important fathers of scientific agriculture--whose pioneering work extends to the hybridization of plants and, combining with some of the principles of Lamarck's evolutionary theory, perhaps the fact that predominance could be shaped by factors such as ontogeny, and so forth. But besides its fraudulent science, it is notorious as a powerful political movement that was aided by the centralized government control of genetics and agriculture.

My question is this: Is it possible that the United States would witness a similar movement or undercurrent?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 9:02:24 PM
Responses????

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 8:37:00 PM
At 5/28/2012 9:02:24 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Responses????

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:02:58 PM
Sure. The modern ecology movement is built on enforcing a type of political correctness. Nothing wrong with fighting pollution but when you get to things like California moving to ban the sale of black cars to fight global warming or demanding imported oil over domestic oil, it's nutcase stuff.