Jump to topic:

Would you like a good laugh?

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 7:22:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Then read this hilarious "Evolution Test" that the "Missing Universe Museum" website has posted! :D

http://missinguniversemuseum.com...

"Students, give this test to your teachers. When they fail it, ask them why they are teaching this nonsense!

Teachers, give this test to your students if you really want them to know the truth about evolution!

1. Which evolved first, male or female?
2. How many millions of years elapsed between the first male and first female?
3. List at least 9 of the false assumptions made with radioactive dating methods.
4. Why hasn't any extinct creature re-evolved after millions of years?
5. Which came first:
...the eye,
...the eyelid,
...the eyebrow,
...the eye sockets,
...the eye muscles,
...the eye lashes,
...the tear ducts,
...the brain's interpretation of light?
6. How many millions of years between each in question 5?
7. If we all evolved from a common ancestor, why can't all the different species mate with one another and produce fertile offspring?
8. List any of the millions of creatures in just five stages of its evolution showing the progression of a new organ of any kind. When you have done this, you can collect the millions of dollars in rewards offered for proof of evolution!
9. Why is it that the very things that would prove Evolution (transitional forms) are still missing?
10. Explain why something as complex as human life could happen by chance, but something as simple as a coin must have a creator. (Show your math solution.)
11. Why aren't any fossils or coal or oil being formed today?
12. List 50 vestigial or useless organs or appendages in the human body.
13. Why hasn't anyone collected the millions of dollars in rewards for proof of evolution?
14. If life began hundreds of millions of years ago, why is the earth still under populated?
15. Why hasn't evolution duplicated all species on all continents?"

About the author: http://missinguniversemuseum.com...

So, talk about a dumb person who thinks they're a smart a$$. I lol'd.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 7:55:51 PM
It's such an odd coincidence that Creationists are so overwhelmingly ignorant about how biology, not to mention Evolutionary Theory, works. Religion isn't even that much of a factor, since the vast majority of scientists who are biologists are both religious and agree with Evolutionary Theory.

Religion may not be a great predictor of scientific knowledge on evolutionary theory, but belief in six day Creationism is a pretty surefire predictor.

The IDers are a tad more literate, but anyone who actually follows Behe and Dembski's work and doesn't see the horrifically mangled rationales tend to be...coincidentally....also less educated in biology.

And before y'all have a lil fit over this post, read what I wrote carefully. I said believe in six day creationism is a great predictor for illiteracy in biology.

If anyone thinks the above means I am claiming to be smarter than all six day Creationists, then I wouldn't be surprised to learn they are a six day Creationist.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:05:07 PM
At 5/29/2012 7:55:51 PM, Wnope wrote:
It's such an odd coincidence that Creationists are so overwhelmingly ignorant about how biology, not to mention Evolutionary Theory, works. Religion isn't even that much of a factor, since the vast majority of scientists who are biologists are both religious and agree with Evolutionary Theory.

Religion may not be a great predictor of scientific knowledge on evolutionary theory, but belief in six day Creationism is a pretty surefire predictor.

The IDers are a tad more literate, but anyone who actually follows Behe and Dembski's work and doesn't see the horrifically mangled rationales tend to be...coincidentally....also less educated in biology.

And before y'all have a lil fit over this post, read what I wrote carefully. I said believe in six day creationism is a great predictor for illiteracy in biology.

If anyone thinks the above means I am claiming to be smarter than all six day Creationists, then I wouldn't be surprised to learn they are a six day Creationist.

LOL!

And yes, I agree. It is very ironic that many people who are vehemently against the theory seem to be so lacking in a basic understanding of it.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:08:48 PM
Why hasn't any extinct creature re-evolved after millions of years?

Possibly my favorite question.

Why did the creatures that died out not come back? So weird!!! It's almost as if their strategy for living on Earth didn't really work so well!
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:36:55 PM
At 5/29/2012 8:08:48 PM, Oryus wrote:

Why did the creatures that died out not come back? So weird!!! It's almost as if their strategy for living on Earth didn't really work so well!

Cause they couldn't get it on enough like we do every night ;)
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:20:12 PM
At 5/29/2012 8:36:55 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Well the loooove shack is a little old place where, we can GET TO-GETHAAAAA! Love shack baaaybeeeeeeee! The love shack ba-hay-bee!
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:26:53 PM
At 5/29/2012 9:20:12 PM, Oryus wrote:

Well the loooove shack is a little old place where, we can GET TO-GETHAAAAA! Love shack baaaybeeeeeeee! The love shack ba-hay-bee!
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:39:22 PM
At 5/29/2012 9:26:53 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

aaaahahahaha! XD

Way sexier than the love shack.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:42:11 PM
At 5/29/2012 9:39:22 PM, Oryus wrote:

aaaahahahaha! XD

Not when we are there ;)
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:43:40 PM
At 5/29/2012 9:42:11 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

aaaahahahaha! XD

Not when we are there ;)

The cube-ness never fails. :)
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:57:40 PM
At 5/29/2012 9:43:40 PM, Oryus wrote:

aaaahahahaha! XD

Not when we are there ;)

What?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:07:58 PM
At 5/29/2012 9:57:40 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

aaaahahahaha! XD

Not when we are there ;)

What?

The cube-ness of the Love Shack and my beach house. It's oh so block-like.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:09:24 PM
At 5/29/2012 10:07:58 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/29/2012 9:57:40 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

aaaahahahaha! XD

Not when we are there ;)

What?

The cube-ness of the Love Shack and my beach house. It's oh so block-like.

I know something about you. You aren't blocky ;)
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:10:25 PM
That quiz is hopelessly stupid.

After questions like that have been answered a hundred times and repeated for decades, you'd think creationist would move to a second level of questions. But they don't, they keep asking questions that have been answered and pretending they haven't been.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:29:13 AM
At 5/31/2012 9:10:25 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

After questions like that have been answered a hundred times and repeated for decades, you'd think creationist would move to a second level of questions. But they don't, they keep asking questions that have been answered and pretending they haven't been.

Yeah, this is really the bottom of the barrel.
:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:34:33 AM
I think this would be an excellent starting point to help children really understand evolution and how it works.

Explaining the fallacy in each one of those questions would amalgamate pretty much Bio 101.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 3:13:52 AM
At 5/29/2012 7:55:51 PM, Wnope wrote:

That means they do not read they Bible. Or believe in it. Evolution is not or origin Biblically. Facts from anyone that knows his Bible and believes it.

Why? What makes your thoeries any more believeable? it is still just assuming!

And biology determines our origins to 100% certainity?

Still have 100% fact that it was not though. Mere faith as creationist.

That quote is old and not your own as your beliefs and theories.
If you believe science over God then you just be dumber than a creationist.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 3:15:29 AM

They havent though. Only assumption and theories are provided. I want 100% certainity and God gives me that.
TheAsylum
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 12:27:15 AM
At 6/8/2012 3:15:29 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

They havent though. Only assumption and theories are provided. I want 100% certainity and God gives me that.

You have a curiously deficit philosophy.

Inductive arguments can never lead to 100% certainty. The Bible itself a book you read every day expecting that tomorrow, the words on the page will be the same as yesterday.

That is, there is no way you can know, with 100% certainty, that tomorrow you won't wake up and every Bible in the world will have lost three chapters.

You can't even know with 100% certainty that when you touch a key on a keyboard, your fingers won't pass through the keyboard.

The question is to what extent we can know things inductively. That's where science comes in.

God is utterly useless in this capacity. He can no more provide you with 100% certainty on inductive manners anymore than he can provide you with omnipotence.

The only times we achieve "certainty" are a very specific set of problems that come from assuming a system of axioms and deducing conclusions based on those axioms. For example, we can be CERTAIN that 1+1=2 because numbers have been defined in such a way that it is necessarily the case that 2 is the same as adding two 1s. We can be CERTAIN that a logical proof is valid by simply checking that it is in accordance with the rules we set for validity. We can be CERTAIN that all bachelors are unmarried.

But that's about it.