Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 10:27:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/30/2012 10:25:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/30/2012 10:19:37 PM, thett3 wrote:

Anyone who disagrees is a moron

Lol, i saw this.

I really have to know where they got their conclusions from. Some of it seems plausible if unlikely, and some of it is literal insanity.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 10:34:38 PM
At 6/30/2012 10:27:11 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 6/30/2012 10:25:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Lol, i saw this.

I really have to know where they got their conclusions from. Some of it seems plausible if unlikely, and some of it is literal insanity.

Lol, I'm watching it as a comedy now: "Keep an open mind about this because there is very little proof for what I'm about to say" :p.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 10:46:59 PM
At 6/30/2012 10:38:46 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Arguments from ignorance are the most fun. It's like how Deepak Chopra just drops QM, then derives whatever bullsh*t he wants. "Well, here are some intuitively plausible criticisms of modern methodology; therefore, derp."

Well you cant disprove it, so there!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 10:49:32 PM
At 6/30/2012 10:46:59 PM, thett3 wrote:
Arguments from ignorance are the most fun. It's like how Deepak Chopra just drops QM, then derives whatever bullsh*t he wants. "Well, here are some intuitively plausible criticisms of modern methodology; therefore, derp."

What if said I could. Could you disprove that?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 10:50:39 PM
At 6/30/2012 10:49:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:

o:
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 10:51:08 PM
At 6/30/2012 10:50:39 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 6/30/2012 10:49:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:

o:

you..are..a..god!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 11:04:28 PM
What is this?....it's almost frightening. I don't even have an opinion on it
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 11:12:02 PM

Damnit, good arg.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 12:34:01 AM
wowwwwww.... yeah, there are no theories whatsoever which deal with how the pyramids of giza were built........ There's no way we could ever build something like that today..........

I think my IQ has gone down since watching this.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 12:54:03 AM
At 7/1/2012 12:34:01 AM, Oryus wrote:
wowwwwww.... yeah, there are no theories whatsoever which deal with how the pyramids of giza were built........ There's no way we could ever build something like that today..........

There's one on the spiritual growth catalyzed through crystals. I think it will help you connect to the video thett3 showed. Also, you can use the crystal as a substitute for deodorant. Enjoy!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 1:05:46 AM
At 7/1/2012 12:54:03 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

There's one on the spiritual growth catalyzed through crystals. I think it will help you connect to the video thett3 showed. Also, you can use the crystal as a substitute for deodorant. Enjoy!

^ At least 1/3 the reason I don't work as a massage therapist anymore.

So many awkward moments of:
"...yeeeahh.... I can totally feel their bad energy.... riiight...."
"Oh, I just need to stay 'grounded'? Plant my feet to the Earth? OHkie dokey."
"Was I taught any what in massage therapy school? "spiritual healing"? Um...."
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 1:23:02 AM
At 7/1/2012 12:54:03 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

This is 100% true.

I personally use it. It's extremely effective, as long as you keep yourself generally clean. Otherwise, your bacteria will adapt and you'll need to get a new one.

I'm dead serious.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 1:24:52 AM

Without internal combustion engines or hydraulic systems, I wonder exactly how we would.

Current theories regarding how pyramids were built are dubious.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 1:52:27 AM
It's interesting that pyramids and jade crystals were both brought up in this thread.

One of the contentions with currently accepted historical theory regarding the pyramids is that it doesn't appear as though most of them were used as tombs. Indeed, many pyramids exhibit characteristics in the construction of their corridors that suggest they were fined-tuned to exhibit certain acoustics, and some of the ancient sufi writing indicates that ancient Egyptians may have used sound from the interaction of rushing water through lower corridors and the acoustic construction of higher corridors to diagnose and treat illnesses.

Jade crystals seem ideal to regulate our natural frequencies, inasmuch as quartz emits a frequency ideal for keeping time. I personally know a massage therapist who considers her jade stones invaluable. She's not exactly the superstitious sort, but the results are lucrative, as far as she's concerned. The point is, though, that they're based on the belief that establishing conditions conducive to one's natural frequency improves other applications in massage therapy, and that sort of belief is ostensibly echoed in some theories behind the purpose of some pyramids in Al-Jizah.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 1:59:46 AM
At 7/1/2012 1:52:27 AM, Ren wrote:
It's interesting that pyramids and jade crystals were both brought up in this thread.

One of the contentions with currently accepted historical theory regarding the pyramids is that it doesn't appear as though most of them were used as tombs. Indeed, many pyramids exhibit characteristics in the construction of their corridors that suggest they were fined-tuned to exhibit certain acoustics, and some of the ancient sufi writing indicates that ancient Egyptians may have used sound from the interaction of rushing water through lower corridors and the acoustic construction of higher corridors to diagnose and treat illnesses.

Jade crystals seem ideal to regulate our natural frequencies, inasmuch as quartz emits a frequency ideal for keeping time. I personally know a massage therapist who considers her jade stones invaluable. She's not exactly the superstitious sort, but the results are lucrative, as far as she's concerned. The point is, though, that they're based on the belief that establishing conditions conducive to one's natural frequency improves other applications in massage therapy, and that sort of belief is ostensibly echoed in some theories behind the purpose of some pyramids in Al-Jizah.

awwwwkkkkwarrrrdddddd....
:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 2:11:07 AM
At 7/1/2012 1:59:46 AM, Oryus wrote:

Lol, why?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 2:19:34 AM
At 7/1/2012 2:11:07 AM, Ren wrote:

Lol, why?

haha I'm just teasin you.

Well, basically I've seen no evidence that we have these "natural frequencies" or that crystals also have frequencies, let alone frequencies which would influence each other and, on top of that, in a positive way which would aid in muscle relaxation during massage therapy sessions.

And I also know a lot of massage therapists who find their crystals to be invaluable. But how would you even go about showing a causal relationship between being in the mere vicinity of jade and perceived relaxation? I don't think studies aiming to do so have been very successful. I'm not positive, but I'm fairly sure that if we found being near certain rocks had certain positive effects, they would be in much wider use. How cheap and easy would that be? It's exactly what people want.
:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 2:35:59 AM
At 7/1/2012 2:19:34 AM, Oryus wrote:

Lol, why?

Well, basically I've seen no evidence that we have these "natural frequencies"

Neural oscillation? Gamma waves? The beta-silicone effect and hyperconjugation?

Hmmm.

or that crystals also have frequencies,

Lolwut?

let alone frequencies which would influence each other

???

Google quartz?

and, on top of that, in a positive way which would aid in muscle relaxation during massage therapy sessions.

Well, with further information on the subject, the proposition might not seem so outrageous. Seems to me as though your entire knowledge on the subject is speculative assumption.

And I also know a lot of massage therapists who find their crystals to be invaluable. But how would you even go about showing a causal relationship between being in the mere vicinity of jade and perceived relaxation? I don't think studies aiming to do so have been very successful. I'm not positive, but I'm fairly sure that if we found being near certain rocks had certain positive effects, they would be in much wider use. How cheap and easy would that be? It's exactly what people want.

Lol.

It's an entire branch of massage therapy. It's in pretty wide use and people seem to want it quite a bit, given how expensive such therapy tends to be.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 2:51:08 AM
At 7/1/2012 2:35:59 AM, Ren wrote:

Lol, why?

Hmmm.

Lolwut?

???

Google quartz?

and, on top of that, in a positive way which would aid in muscle relaxation during massage therapy sessions.

Well, with further information on the subject, the proposition might not seem so outrageous. Seems to me as though your entire knowledge on the subject is speculative assumption.

Lol.

It's an entire branch of massage therapy. It's in pretty wide use and people seem to want it quite a bit, given how expensive such therapy tends to be.

A lot of "natural" therapies are in wide use. It doesn't really add to their legitimacy at all. Actually, it's just kind of sad.

My view on this is this: I've seen no evidence for the legitimacy of the healing power of being in the vicinity of rocks. What these "healers" are doing is speculating. Not me. I'm the one who is being honest about what I actually know and what I know is that there are no peer-reviewed studies which prove a causal connection between being near crystals and desired outcomes in massage therapy sessions.

So where is the information on the subject that I've missed?
:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 3:03:56 AM
At 7/1/2012 2:51:08 AM, Oryus wrote:

Lol, why?

Hmmm.

Lolwut?

???

Google quartz?

Lol.

A lot of "natural" therapies are in wide use. It doesn't really add to their legitimacy at all. Actually, it's just kind of sad.

My view on this is this: I've seen no evidence for the legitimacy of the healing power of being in the vicinity of rocks. What these "healers" are doing is speculating. Not me. I'm the one who is being honest about what I actually know and what I know is that there are no peer-reviewed studies which prove a causal connection between being near crystals and desired outcomes in massage therapy sessions.

Well, I don't know, it doesn't seem as though you know anything about it. For example, I don't know what you mean by "the healing power of being in the vicinity of rocks," but there's a pretty specific way to use jade stones, and it's not just standing next to one of them.

As far as I understand it, the only assertion made about jade stones is that they simply feel good. You know, which is part of what a massage therapy session is supposed to do. The purpose of massage therapy isn't to "heal," it just seemed interesting that part of the explanation for jade stones seems to coincide with what was written in ancient sufi regarding various pyramids. In any case, massage therapists aren't "healers" per se, they're therapists. They know how to manipulate your body in ways that feel good. Jade just may be particularly good at this, because it interacts with your body's frequencies in some particular way. In reality, that's not a very relevant part of the actual use of the stones, but it does seem to make sense of why marbles don't seem to feel the same.

It likely also has a lot to do with heat retention and specifically how smooth jade can become, while still generating enough friction that the therapist can grip it, as my friend explained it.

Jade stone therapy... well, obviously, they aren't going to cure osteoarthritis if you place jade stones along your spine. But, jade stone therapy does tend to feel super good. Something tells me I wouldn't feel the same way about, say, some nondescript piece of pavement on the street.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 3:14:06 AM
At 7/1/2012 3:03:56 AM, Ren wrote:
At 7/1/2012 2:51:08 AM, Oryus wrote:

Lol, why?

Hmmm.

Lolwut?

???

Google quartz?

Lol.

Well, I don't know, it doesn't seem as though you know anything about it. For example, I don't know what you mean by "the healing power of being in the vicinity of rocks," but there's a pretty specific way to use jade stones, and it's not just standing next to one of them.

As far as I understand it, the only assertion made about jade stones is that they simply feel good. You know, which is part of what a massage therapy session is supposed to do. The purpose of massage therapy isn't to "heal," it just seemed interesting that part of the explanation for jade stones seems to coincide with what was written in ancient sufi regarding various pyramids. In any case, massage therapists aren't "healers" per se, they're therapists. They know how to manipulate your body in ways that feel good. Jade just may be particularly good at this, because it interacts with your body's frequencies in some particular way. In reality, that's not a very relevant part of the actual use of the stones, but it does seem to make sense of why marbles don't seem to feel the same.

It likely also has a lot to do with heat retention and specifically how smooth jade can become, while still generating enough friction that the therapist can grip it, as my friend explained it.

Jade stone therapy... well, obviously, they aren't going to cure osteoarthritis if you place jade stones along your spine. But, jade stone therapy does tend to feel super good. Something tells me I wouldn't feel the same way about, say, some nondescript piece of pavement on the street.

dude.... I'm a trained massage therapist and I know how to do stone massage. I, unfortunately, probably have more experience with this topic than the average person. The problem is not that I don't "know anything about it." It's that there isn't anything to know. Jade isn't any more special than the regular basalt or river stones used and, if it feels good, it's not because Jade has some special property having to do with frequencies. It's because they're smooth and feel nice on the skin and retain heat in an agreeable way. But that's a whole hell of a lot different than saying they "regulate our natural frequencies."
:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 3:29:09 AM
At 7/1/2012 3:14:06 AM, Oryus wrote:

dude.... I'm a trained massage therapist and I know how to do stone massage. I, unfortunately, probably have more experience with this topic than the average person. The problem is not that I don't "know anything about it." It's that there isn't anything to know. Jade isn't any more special than the regular basalt or river stones used and, if it feels good, it's not because Jade has some special property having to do with frequencies. It's because they're smooth and feel nice on the skin and retain heat in an agreeable way. But that's a whole hell of a lot different than saying they "regulate our natural frequencies."

Yeah, I know, but you seem unnecessarily dismissive. Like, it's not completely nonsensical -- we do have frequencies, and frequencies can interact. Crystals and frequencies famously interact -- here, you can see that scientists from Caltech used crystals to trap both sound and light: http://media.caltech.edu...

I never asserted that jade definitely interacts with human-borne frequencies. It's just interesting, and I concede that it might. There's no evidence that it definitely does, but there's no evidence that it definitely does not, either.

Most literature regarding the "healing properties" of jade say nothing at all about frequencies. Some do, though, and either way, the reason why I said that they seem ideal, is because the argument has a potential to be correct, and my experience confirmed it.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 3:39:26 AM
At 7/1/2012 3:29:09 AM, Ren wrote:

Yeah, I know, but you seem unnecessarily dismissive. Like, it's not completely nonsensical -- we do have frequencies, and frequencies can interact. Crystals and frequencies famously interact -- here, you can see that scientists from Caltech used crystals to trap both sound and light: http://media.caltech.edu...

Why should I not be dismissive? There are a lot of claims in the world with no evidence. Why should I give this clam slack simply because it could be true? A lot of things could be true. Jade crystals aren't special.
I never asserted that jade definitely interacts with human-borne frequencies. It's just interesting, and I concede that it might. There's no evidence that it definitely does, but there's no evidence that it definitely does not, either.

http://t1.gstatic.com...
Most literature regarding the "healing properties" of jade say nothing at all about frequencies. Some do, though, and either way, the reason why I said that they seem ideal, is because the argument has a potential to be correct, and my experience confirmed it.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 4:16:22 AM
At 7/1/2012 3:29:09 AM, Ren wrote:

Want some fries with that horrible logic?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 5:52:17 AM

Put your hands up, and very slowly, step away from the bong.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater