Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

The Evolution of Homosexuality

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 4:41:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 5:01:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of mankind. Homosexuality is not evolution.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 5:01:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 5:01:09 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of mankind. Homosexuality is not evolution.

You obviously missed the point of the video...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 5:03:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 5:01:57 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 7/26/2012 5:01:09 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of mankind. Homosexuality is not evolution.

You obviously missed the point of the video...

Oh I did not watch the video because I clicked it and got a fat walrus so I stopped.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 5:09:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 5:03:53 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 7/26/2012 5:01:57 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 7/26/2012 5:01:09 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of mankind. Homosexuality is not evolution.

You obviously missed the point of the video...

Oh I did not watch the video because I clicked it and got a fat walrus so I stopped.

Seriously, was that like a troll video or something because wtf is up with that random fat walrus
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
TheBossToss
Posts: 154
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 9:37:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 5:09:43 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 7/26/2012 5:03:53 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 7/26/2012 5:01:57 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 7/26/2012 5:01:09 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of mankind. Homosexuality is not evolution.

You obviously missed the point of the video...

Oh I did not watch the video because I clicked it and got a fat walrus so I stopped.

Seriously, was that like a troll video or something because wtf is up with that random fat walrus

Why you hatin' on random, mordbidly obese walrii?
Cats. I like cats.
-Me

Pro hasn't upheld his BOP. He forfeited last round. I did stuff.
-Wallstreetatheist

That was real intellectual property theft. They used her idea for their own profit and fame. When I pirate, I am usually downloading textbooks that I cannot afford to purchase on my own and that I do not want my parents to spend money on.
-royalpaladin
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 10:28:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I spewed out my Sprite with the "I'm in your law firm discriminating against gays" meme.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 10:29:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 4:41:21 PM, Microsuck wrote:


Interesting. I made it past the fat walrus. I can't say I have spent much time on gay studies, but there is one observation that has always baffled me.

It is often quoted that being gay is unnatural and that it is a learned behavior. First and foremost it is extremely unlikely that sexual attraction does not have a biological basis. Heterosexuals don't choose to be attracted to women. They just are. In addition it is proven that there are key universal traits that indicate attraction is rather universal. IE: heterosexuals don't choose to be more attracted to Jessica Alba than Hillary Clinton. Of course there certainly are some individuals who would break the mold and would find Hilary more attractive than Jessica, so the question remains whether those individuals preference is learned or genetic. The point though, is that there is a baseline genetic component and one thing that is proven beyond a doubt is that a genetic disposition is never 100% the same in every human.

The lessor talked about component to the argument about homosexual being unnatural and learned is that learning is natural. One can not say a learned behavior is unnatural. Whether one believes God created humanity or evolution, or both, the simple fact that humans have the capability to learn a behavior means it is natural. Of course that does not argue for the sake of whether it is moral behavior or not.

Long story short. Anyone anti-homosexual, please discontinue stating that it is not natural. Secondly stop saying that it is exclusively learned behavior. Attraction has a deep genetic component and genetics are never universally 100% the same in every individual and quite honestly you are guessing an end answer to support your argument. You may, however, argue the societal and religious morality as that is pure opinion anyway.