Jump to topic:

AronRa and a very silly creationist

sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 7:16:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Solid Gold. I recommend AronRa's videos on evolution. This one is special though as the creationist in question actually challenged AronRa to a debate. Unbelievable.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 9:35:43 PM
At 9/1/2009 7:16:08 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:
Solid Gold. I recommend AronRa's videos on evolution. This one is special though as the creationist in question actually challenged AronRa to a debate. Unbelievable.

Very funny. A bit cruel though ... I'm more inclined to thrash the deceitful than the irrational myself.
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 9:39:42 PM
Hilarious and cruel. I'll be searching for his evolution videos immediately.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 10:26:18 PM
Very interesting video, and while I do agree his presentation was a little cruel, it seems almost needed, especially with some of the questions he had to deal with. He clearly knows what he is talking about though.

He asked for people to nominate a candidate to go against him later; I say we get InquireTruth! XD
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 10:34:44 PM
What? InquireTruth is a creationist?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 10:38:26 PM
At 9/1/2009 10:34:44 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
What? InquireTruth is a creationist?

He isn't? Maybe I'm just lumping a theologian with a creationist then.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2009 1:07:55 AM
He is anti-evolutionist, more an ID proponent based on lack of understanding of processes. Most of his arguments I've seen against evolution consist along the lines of 'yes but evolution can't explain this.'
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2009 9:19:56 AM
Inquiretruth is certainly well written and I admit, I don't know his stance on evolution in full. AronRa was cruel in this one, but this is the trend for this debate now. For decades creationists have been challenging scientists to live debates where the creationist ridicules and condemns his opponent to hell all the while lumping the scientist with Hitler, the holocaust, Brittney Spears, etc.

DonExodus2, youtube user, specifically says ridicule for the creationist is warranted, and many are following suit. We have to keep in mind that the creationist in this video, QQOQQ, challenged AronRa to a debate. When debating this subject, the scientist must, must have as many relevant facts as possible because the creationist will start with cosmology and end at variance within a species. No one knows every detail and will miss at least one. Creationists rely on this fact as their position cannot stand alone. Creationism, more so with YEC, is mainly an anti-evolution position. I still have not found a robust YEC theory that could stand without wishing away all scientific data.

AronRa is prepared and will take his opponents to the mat. He is as well informed as any on this subject and appears to be willing to take all comers. Good for him. As for a creationist able to deal with him, I don't know one. Dr. Kurt Wise, maybe. Wise is of the position that all evidence can refute his position and he would still maintain it so AronRa may not be interested in such a person. We will see who shows up; it is bound to be a good show.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 4:22:23 AM
At 9/1/2009 7:16:08 PM, sherlockmethod wrote:

Oh my god, how stupid is this man!?
So prove me wrong, then.