Jump to topic:

Black Philosophy

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 8:53:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Philosophy is looking in a dark room for a black cat.
Metaphysics is looking in a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Theology is looking in a dark room for a black cat that isn't there and shouting, "I found it!"
Science is looking in a dark room for a black cat, using a flashlight.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 9:09:12 AM
At 7/28/2012 8:53:51 AM, drafterman wrote:
Theology is looking in a dark room for a black cat that isn't there and shouting, "I found it!"

Still think the addition of science is a hijacking of what was a good argument.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 9:12:29 AM
At 7/28/2012 9:09:12 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 7/28/2012 8:53:51 AM, drafterman wrote:

Still think the addition of science is a hijacking of what was a good argument.
I agree. It's out of place with the sequence, but this isn't my creation, so I wanted to keep it intact.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 4:42:07 PM
The Fool: Natural science is just the philosophy of sense perception. You can't define something else into existence by name.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 6:10:31 PM
The Fool: I am a Black Philosopher. This sounds kinda racist.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 6:11:26 PM
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 9:09:19 PM
At 7/28/2012 6:10:31 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: I am a Black Philosopher. This sounds kinda racist.

You've accidentally typed some posts without first prefacing with "The Fool:." You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 3:50:50 AM
Philosophy is arguing for three hours about how 'black' 'cat' and 'black cat' and 'room' and 'looking' and 'dark' should be defined and then concluding that the task is too ill defined to undertake.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 8:10:32 AM
Philosophy is writing down your interpretation of and feelings about the room that you're in, which just so happens to contain a black cat, and if you can find it, you will question it, as well.

Metaphysics is being in a dark room with a black cat and wondering what is outside of the room.

Theology is looking in dark a room you've never before been in, which may or may not be empty, for a cat, arbitrarily.

Science is writing down your interpretation and feelings about the room that you're in, having others employed with similar engagements check it for soundness and fluidity, then applying its principles through experimentation to confirm whether they're applicable to the dark room with the black cat in it.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 4:24:23 PM
At 7/29/2012 3:38:44 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Surrealism is being a flashlight in a black cat looking for a dark room named Sussie.

I think that is closer to a bad trip.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"