Jump to topic:

Proof of Time Travel

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 11:21:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: is this a joke. Are you trolling?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 11:26:44 AM
At 7/31/2012 11:21:13 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

Why don't you explain how someone was speaking into cellphone in a Charlie Chaplain movie and why there was a hippie in a 1940s movie.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 11:27:08 AM
When I found him in that first picture, I cracked up. I also love the idea of using a cell phone before they were invented. Sounds pretty lonely.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:40:37 PM
At 7/31/2012 11:26:44 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:

Why don't you explain how someone was speaking into cellphone in a Charlie Chaplain movie and why there was a hippie in a 1940s movie.

The Fool: I don't know does not lead to this proof of time travel. What kind of reasoning is this? Come on!!!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:41:49 PM
At 7/31/2012 2:40:37 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: I don't know does not lead to this proof of time travel. What kind of reasoning is this? Come on!!!

This isn't "I don't know".

The proof is that they are using devices and wearing clothes that had not yet existed. They existed in the future, and not at that time. This is proof of time traveling.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:56:48 PM
At 7/31/2012 2:41:49 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:

The proof is that they are using devices and wearing clothes that had not yet existed. They existed in the future, and not at that time. This is proof of time traveling.

Don't mind The Fool. He needs better trolldar. The rest of us knows to politely laugh and keep it movin'.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:57:12 PM

Sorry I didtn' think what would got that far over your head..lol

The proof is that they are using devices and wearing clothes that had not yet existed.

The Fool: I DONT KNOW HOW THEY HAD CLOTH THAT APPEARS TO BE CLOTH MADE IN THE FUTURE. THEREFORE IT PROOFS THAT TIME TRAVEL IS REAL.

They existed in the future, and not at that time. This is proof of time traveling.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:58:13 PM
At 7/31/2012 2:57:12 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: Sorry I didtn' think it would go that far over your head..lol

The proof is that they are using devices and wearing clothes that had not yet existed.

The Fool: I DONT KNOW HOW THEY HAD CLOTH THAT APPEARS TO BE CLOTH MADE IN THE FUTURE. THEREFORE IT PROOFS THAT TIME TRAVEL IS REAL.

They existed in the future, and not at that time. This is proof of time traveling.
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 6:55:40 AM
At 7/31/2012 2:58:13 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/31/2012 2:57:12 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: Sorry I didtn' think it would go that far over your head..lol

Clothes and devices made in the future . . . proof of time travel.

Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:07:31 AM

Wellllll... as far as the cellphone is concerned, there's two things I can say about that.

1. Star Trek, with its myriad of inventions that were way ahead of its time at the time, but later arrived at the behest of Apple Corp., also isn't proof of time travel.

2. If someone travelled through time and ended up the only person in the world with a cellphone, who would they be speaking to on it? Before cellphones were invented, there were no cells (towers) to transmit the calls. There were only land lines.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:10:14 AM
As far as the hippie is concerned:

"Forgetomori has an extensive analysis of the photo and the mystery man, and, with some help from members of ATS, points out that no single item of his wardrobe is technically out of period."

I suspected as much. Sun glasses and t-shirts aren't exactly cutting-edge technological breakthroughs.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 2:26:08 PM

Why don't you explain how someone was speaking into cellphone in a Charlie Chaplain movie and why there was a hippie in a 1940s movie.:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 9:19:11 AM
I cheated and read the text accompanying the picture. It says, "Other experts have said an alternative explanation is that she's using a hearing aid device that was popular during the time period." I know I shouldn't have one that, but I just couldn't help myself.

Transistor radios became popular in the early 60s. I remember people who didn't know about them see the ear piece plugged into a box and think it was a hearing aid.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 11:12:20 AM
Yes, because that's what the picture CLEARLY shows: someone talking on a cell phone and a hippie. Right.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 3:16:45 PM
At 8/8/2012 11:12:20 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
Yes, because that's what the picture CLEARLY shows: someone talking on a cell phone and a hippie. Right.

I didn't realize you could travel back in time and still use your cell phone, must be to call back to the future, very cool. I saw Verizon had call forwarding, just didn't know that's how it worked, does anybody know what Verizon charges for that feature?

Once I get it I'm going to call myself next week to find out what the lottery numbers for this Saturday were.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 8:37:32 PM
At 8/8/2012 9:19:11 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
I cheated and read the text accompanying the picture. It says, "Other experts have said an alternative explanation is that she's using a hearing aid device that was popular during the time period." I know I shouldn't have one that, but I just couldn't help myself.

Transistor radios became popular in the early 60s. I remember people who didn't know about them see the ear piece plugged into a box and think it was a hearing aid.

OK, so it does not prove time travel.

It does however, prove that my secret machine that sends out galactic gullibility mind control rays, works perfectly.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater