Jump to topic:

Correlated brain patterns btw isloted pairs

Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 11:15:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A few studies now claim to show a correlation between the brain patterns of a photon stimulated individual and that of a "sensory deprived" individual a room away. What is done in this particular study is both individual's -who are in separate rooms- are immersed in an artificial electromagnetic field, while one is stimulated and the other is "sensory deprived". Although positive results can often be few and between some experimental data show brain patterns from the "sensory deprived" individual correlating with that of the stimulated individual. While there's no doubt that outside electromagnetic fields can interact with and effect the electrical impulses of the brain, these experimental results are quite peculiar. Thoughts?

Research paper:
https://neurocogconsultants.box.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 11:45:50 PM
I think that the "science" of it is often ignored in order to support ESP and various other down played "6th senses."

As you mentioned, the results are few and far between. Everything that I've seen regarding this study has completely omitted that fact and cherry picked their results.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 7:20:09 AM
At 8/7/2012 11:45:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I think that the "science" of it is often ignored in order to support ESP and various other down played "6th senses."

As you mentioned, the results are few and far between. Everything that I've seen regarding this study has completely omitted that fact and cherry picked their results.

Agreed. It's still odd though that such correlations are ever found especially so strongly. I guess we'll have to wait and see what experimental replications show. You hit it on the noise with saying that people like to ignore the science going on and pretend that such a study proves(maybe the most unscientific word in our language) dualism or what not.