Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

How Does Variety Give Rise To New Species?

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 4:36:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mechanisms Of Evolution: How Does Variety Give Rise To New Species?

Speciation is the evolutionary process by which new biological species arise. In order for continuing evolution there must be mechanisms to increase or create genetic variation and mechanisms to decrease it. The mechanisms of evolution are mutation, natural selection, genetic drift, recombination and gene flow.

http://www.youtube.com...

The video explains how variety arises.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 4:41:41 PM
At 8/15/2012 4:36:43 PM, Microsuck wrote:

Speciation is the evolutionary process by which new biological species arise. In order for continuing evolution there must be mechanisms to increase or create genetic variation and mechanisms to decrease it. The mechanisms of evolution are mutation, natural selection, genetic drift, recombination and gene flow.

Wrong kind of link. You don't want that annotation crap.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 4:42:13 PM
Don't know why that annotate crap was there.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 4:43:41 PM
At 8/15/2012 4:42:13 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Don't know why that annotate crap was there.

YOU'RE an annotate crap!

Um, didn'twork.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:14:21 PM
Everybody who this actually effects already knows this. Those who it doesn't or those who don't accept the facts will not be influenced by a video.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:23:00 PM

The Fool: Enviroment Isolation. You do realize "Species" is our own definition. It's not a think in itself.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:24:26 PM
At 8/15/2012 5:23:00 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: Enviroment Isolation. You do realize "Species" is our own definition. It's not a thing in itself which exist apart from our own idea.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:32:05 PM
The Fool: For example. We use the 'word' species in Biology to refer to a set of organizisms can reproduce with each other. When a set of organizisms have changed so differently that they can no longer reproduce with anothers they are considered thier own species.
TheBossToss
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:38:15 PM
At 8/15/2012 5:24:26 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: Enviroment Isolation. You do realize "Species" is our own definition. It's not a thing in itself which exist apart from our own idea.

Um, no, it does exist outside of what we call it. They are animals which can reproduce under normal, average conditions, and that distinction would remain there were we to not exist. It would just be unidentified by a sentient being. Alternatively, we could call it "hfgewnwhfewgwheteb" and it would be the same thing.
Cats. I like cats.
-Me

Pro hasn't upheld his BOP. He forfeited last round. I did stuff.
-Wallstreetatheist

That was real intellectual property theft. They used her idea for their own profit and fame. When I pirate, I am usually downloading textbooks that I cannot afford to purchase on my own and that I do not want my parents to spend money on.
-royalpaladin
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:45:25 PM
At 8/15/2012 5:38:15 PM, TheBossToss wrote:

Um, no, it does exist outside of what we call it. They are animals which can reproduce under normal, average conditions, and that distinction would remain there were we to not exist. It would just be unidentified by a sentient being. Alternatively, we could call it "hfgewnwhfewgwheteb" and it would be the same thing.

The Fool: Species it self is a categorical term relating back to Ancient Greek, That is we way something is a species in that it is of its own particular category. That is the term like any word is used to demarcate something. That is how language works. In the case of biology, its used to categories the difference between a set of characteristics. In the most popular case "here" it is to demarcate a group of organazism based on their ability to repreduce with others. .............................................

The Fool on the Hill.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 5:52:47 PM
At 8/15/2012 5:45:25 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

On Species. 1.0
The Fool: Species itself is a categorical term relating back to Ancient Greek. That is we call something a species in that it is of its own particular category. The term like all words are used to describe something, aka to demarcate something. That is how language works. There are many types of words that are used for such types of categorization; Category being one, Domain, Branch, sector, area, etc. In biology, we have KIngom, phylum, Order, species. etc. .....They are all categorical term.

In the case of biology, the most popular case "species" is used to demarcate a group of organazism based on their ability to repreduce with others. .............................................you are welome..

The Fool on the Hill.
TheBossToss
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 6:06:38 PM
At 8/15/2012 5:52:47 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

On Species. 1.0
The Fool: Species itself is a categorical term relating back to Ancient Greek. That is we call something a species in that it is of its own particular category. The term like all words are used to describe something, aka to demarcate something. That is how language works. There are many types of words that are used for such types of categorization; Category being one, Domain, Branch, sector, area, etc. In biology, we have KIngom, phylum, Order, species. etc. .....They are all categorical term.

In the case of biology, the most popular case "species" is used to demarcate a group of organazism based on their ability to repreduce with others. .............................................you are welome..

The Fool on the Hill.

The word is meaningless, but the idea behind it is not. The conception of a speices, which you yourself describe, is not of our, human, conception, but our discovery. We noticed this was the lowest level of organization that one could structure life without getting into the nitty-gritty (hair color, eye color, etc.). The meaning behind the word species makes it have meaning, and that particular level of organization would exist, regardless of whether we exist or not. Obviously the word is our invention, but the idea behind it, the more important part, is something we noticed, something that existed before our sentience and after it.
Cats. I like cats.
-Me

Pro hasn't upheld his BOP. He forfeited last round. I did stuff.
-Wallstreetatheist

That was real intellectual property theft. They used her idea for their own profit and fame. When I pirate, I am usually downloading textbooks that I cannot afford to purchase on my own and that I do not want my parents to spend money on.
-royalpaladin
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 4:44:16 PM
At 8/15/2012 6:06:38 PM, TheBossToss wrote:
At 8/15/2012 5:52:47 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

On Species. 1.0

The Fool on the Hill.

The word is meaningless, but the idea behind it is not.

The Fool: That is the Idea behind is

The conception of a speices, which you yourself describe, is not of our, human, conception, but our discovery.

The Fool: Lol. No it doesn;t work like that. We set the definition of what should be considered in a category.. I admit, I am not really puting this up for A de

We noticed this was the lowest level of organization that one could structure life without getting into the nitty-gritty (hair color, eye color, etc.).

The Fool: we noticed and we gave then labels. When you see something new. It doesn't come with a Word!!

The meaning behind the word species makes it have meaning, and that particular level of organization would exist, regardless of whether we exist or not

The Fool: All words presuppose and Idea. when we recognize something new. There is not word attached with it. Just think about it for a second.

. Obviously the word is our invention, but the idea behind it, the more important part, is something we noticed, something that existed before our sentience and after it.

The Fool: just think about how language began. We describe with langauge what we consider a species. We didnt' first call things species because they couldn't repreduce.