Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

This video outlines the damage creationism an

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 5:00:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.

(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 5:09:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Edit: This post should have been in Religion.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:59:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 5:00:18 PM, Microsuck wrote:
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.



(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)

Evolution is not true....It is deception....Mere doctrine of demons and people like you push thier doctrine on....This guy was never a Christian to begin with. I can claim im muslim...doesnt make it so.
TheAsylum
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 10:05:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 12:59:31 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/16/2012 5:00:18 PM, Microsuck wrote:
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.



(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)

Evolution is not true....It is deception....Mere doctrine of demons and people like you push thier doctrine on....This guy was never a Christian to begin with. I can claim im muslim...doesnt make it so.

You're retarded.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 10:05:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Point to me at least ONE scientific criticism of evolution.

GO!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:03:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 12:59:31 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/16/2012 5:00:18 PM, Microsuck wrote:
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.



(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)

Evolution is not true....It is deception....Mere doctrine of demons and people like you push thier doctrine on....This guy was never a Christian to begin with. I can claim im muslim...doesnt make it so.

Care to debate the fact of evolution/old earth?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:39:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 10:05:31 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:59:31 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/16/2012 5:00:18 PM, Microsuck wrote:
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.



(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)

Evolution is not true....It is deception....Mere doctrine of demons and people like you push thier doctrine on....This guy was never a Christian to begin with. I can claim im muslim...doesnt make it so.

You're retarded.

If your the one saying that then its a compliment.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:40:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 10:05:48 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Point to me at least ONE scientific criticism of evolution.

GO!

There are many but we will start here. Science has limitations many of them.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:41:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:03:15 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:59:31 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/16/2012 5:00:18 PM, Microsuck wrote:
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.



(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)

Evolution is not true....It is deception....Mere doctrine of demons and people like you push thier doctrine on....This guy was never a Christian to begin with. I can claim im muslim...doesnt make it so.

Care to debate the fact of evolution/old earth?

Does a victory in debate change the truth?
TheAsylum
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:45:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:41:54 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:03:15 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:59:31 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/16/2012 5:00:18 PM, Microsuck wrote:
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.



(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)

Evolution is not true....It is deception....Mere doctrine of demons and people like you push thier doctrine on....This guy was never a Christian to begin with. I can claim im muslim...doesnt make it so.

Care to debate the fact of evolution/old earth?

Does a victory in debate change the truth?

No.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:45:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:40:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 10:05:48 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Point to me at least ONE scientific criticism of evolution.

GO!

There are many but we will start here. Science has limitations many of them.

So what? Science has limitations, therefore atomic theory is a lie and deception?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:46:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:45:24 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:41:54 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:03:15 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:59:31 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/16/2012 5:00:18 PM, Microsuck wrote:
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.



(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)

Evolution is not true....It is deception....Mere doctrine of demons and people like you push thier doctrine on....This guy was never a Christian to begin with. I can claim im muslim...doesnt make it so.

Care to debate the fact of evolution/old earth?

Does a victory in debate change the truth?

No.

Very good...If you really want to send a challenge...ill give it a go for funn...since we know its changes nothing.
TheAsylum
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:48:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:46:51 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:45:24 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:41:54 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:03:15 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:59:31 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/16/2012 5:00:18 PM, Microsuck wrote:
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.



(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)

Evolution is not true....It is deception....Mere doctrine of demons and people like you push thier doctrine on....This guy was never a Christian to begin with. I can claim im muslim...doesnt make it so.

Care to debate the fact of evolution/old earth?

Does a victory in debate change the truth?

No.

Very good...If you really want to send a challenge...ill give it a go for funn...since we know its changes nothing.

Good. What do you want the resolution to be?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:48:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:45:55 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:40:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 10:05:48 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Point to me at least ONE scientific criticism of evolution.

GO!

There are many but we will start here. Science has limitations many of them.

So what? Science has limitations, therefore atomic theory is a lie and deception?

So what? Ask that to yourself, you believe in something that is clearly limited atleast I have God who is limitless....thats the thing you willingly believe in limits.
TheAsylum
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:50:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:48:37 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:45:55 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:40:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 10:05:48 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Point to me at least ONE scientific criticism of evolution.

GO!

There are many but we will start here. Science has limitations many of them.

So what? Science has limitations, therefore atomic theory is a lie and deception?

So what? Ask that to yourself, you believe in something that is clearly limited atleast I have God who is limitless....thats the thing you willingly believe in limits.

Prove God exists.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:50:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:50:17 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:48:37 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:45:55 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:40:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 10:05:48 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Point to me at least ONE scientific criticism of evolution.

GO!

There are many but we will start here. Science has limitations many of them.

So what? Science has limitations, therefore atomic theory is a lie and deception?

So what? Ask that to yourself, you believe in something that is clearly limited atleast I have God who is limitless....thats the thing you willingly believe in limits.

Prove God exists.

I should add that even if God exists, evolution can still be true
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:51:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:48:24 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:46:51 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:45:24 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:41:54 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:03:15 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:59:31 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/16/2012 5:00:18 PM, Microsuck wrote:
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.



(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)

Evolution is not true....It is deception....Mere doctrine of demons and people like you push thier doctrine on....This guy was never a Christian to begin with. I can claim im muslim...doesnt make it so.

Care to debate the fact of evolution/old earth?

Does a victory in debate change the truth?

No.

Very good...If you really want to send a challenge...ill give it a go for funn...since we know its changes nothing.

Good. What do you want the resolution to be?

I want specifics now. Ill give two you decide and send. Earth is how ever old you say it is against YEC or Macro-Evolution is not true or true, which ever.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:52:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:50:17 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:48:37 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:45:55 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:40:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 10:05:48 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Point to me at least ONE scientific criticism of evolution.

GO!

There are many but we will start here. Science has limitations many of them.

So what? Science has limitations, therefore atomic theory is a lie and deception?

So what? Ask that to yourself, you believe in something that is clearly limited atleast I have God who is limitless....thats the thing you willingly believe in limits.

Prove God exists.

I just did for myself...sorry if I couldnt help you.
TheAsylum
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:07:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 11:52:51 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:50:17 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:48:37 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:45:55 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 11:40:56 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 10:05:48 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Point to me at least ONE scientific criticism of evolution.

GO!

There are many but we will start here. Science has limitations many of them.

So what? Science has limitations, therefore atomic theory is a lie and deception?

So what? Ask that to yourself, you believe in something that is clearly limited atleast I have God who is limitless....thats the thing you willingly believe in limits.

Prove God exists.

I just did for myself...sorry if I couldnt help you.

Ok, why does God have to be limitless? Anything that is meaningless does not exist. God is meaningless; thus does not exist.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:10:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, why does God have to be limitless? Anything that is meaningless does not exist. God is meaningless; thus does not exist.

God is meaningless to you but thank God your opinion and thoughts dont matter much but to yourself.
TheAsylum
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:11:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 12:10:06 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Ok, why does God have to be limitless? Anything that is meaningless does not exist. God is meaningless; thus does not exist.

God is meaningless to you but thank God your opinion and thoughts dont matter much but to yourself.

A coherent definition of God must be presented before the question of the existence of God can be meaningfully discussed. For "God" to be truly meaningful, the definition must leave room for the "God-hypothesis" to be falsified. If not, the question on the existence of God is meaningless.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:17:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 12:11:39 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:10:06 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Ok, why does God have to be limitless? Anything that is meaningless does not exist. God is meaningless; thus does not exist.

God is meaningless to you but thank God your opinion and thoughts dont matter much but to yourself.

A coherent definition of God must be presented before the question of the existence of God can be meaningfully discussed. For "God" to be truly meaningful, the definition must leave room for the "God-hypothesis" to be falsified. If not, the question on the existence of God is meaningless.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

The existance of God isnt a discussion at all thats the thing you dont see. I have God, I talk with God, you dont, I cant make you, You cant make me not, its not a discussion at all. Pointless. You dont want to know God because you havent put forth the effort to know him nor have submitted that what He said and inspired is false, You'll never know God until YOU change.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:18:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 12:17:06 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:11:39 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:10:06 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Ok, why does God have to be limitless? Anything that is meaningless does not exist. God is meaningless; thus does not exist.

God is meaningless to you but thank God your opinion and thoughts dont matter much but to yourself.

A coherent definition of God must be presented before the question of the existence of God can be meaningfully discussed. For "God" to be truly meaningful, the definition must leave room for the "God-hypothesis" to be falsified. If not, the question on the existence of God is meaningless.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

The existance of God isnt a discussion at all thats the thing you dont see. I have God, I talk with God, you dont, I cant make you, You cant make me not, its not a discussion at all. Pointless. You dont want to know God because you havent put forth the effort to know him nor have submitted that what He said and inspired is false, You'll never know God until YOU change.

Not false ****fact
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:20:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
For "God" to be truly meaningful, the definition must leave room for the "God-hypothesis" to be FALSIFIED.

You dont see nothing wrong with this sentence and thats the issue for you. Your indoctrine to accept and look for falsehoods. Because falsifications doesnt apply to God as the reast of your science tests do.
TheAsylum
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:21:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 12:20:31 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
For "God" to be truly meaningful, the definition must leave room for the "God-hypothesis" to be FALSIFIED.

You dont see nothing wrong with this sentence and thats the issue for you. Your indoctrine to accept and look for falsehoods. Because falsifications doesnt apply to God as the reast of your science tests do.

So you admit that God cannot be disproved (or proved); thus Creation "science" is not science!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:26:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 12:21:59 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:20:31 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
For "God" to be truly meaningful, the definition must leave room for the "God-hypothesis" to be FALSIFIED.

You dont see nothing wrong with this sentence and thats the issue for you. Your indoctrine to accept and look for falsehoods. Because falsifications doesnt apply to God as the reast of your science tests do.

So you admit that God cannot be disproved (or proved); thus Creation "science" is not science!

I admit? I never have said any different. Nothing in my faith requires science at all but science does help alot though you dont look at those things.
Think man..falsification...science brandishes words and changes definitions of them. If I must ill post the definition of falsification which is to deceive or alter.
TheAsylum
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:31:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 12:26:53 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:21:59 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:20:31 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
For "God" to be truly meaningful, the definition must leave room for the "God-hypothesis" to be FALSIFIED.

You dont see nothing wrong with this sentence and thats the issue for you. Your indoctrine to accept and look for falsehoods. Because falsifications doesnt apply to God as the reast of your science tests do.

So you admit that God cannot be disproved (or proved); thus Creation "science" is not science!

I admit? I never have said any different. Nothing in my faith requires science at all but science does help alot though you dont look at those things.
Think man..falsification...science brandishes words and changes definitions of them. If I must ill post the definition of falsification which is to deceive or alter.

"If you thought that science was certain — well, that is just an error on your part."

Richard Feynman (1918-1988).

You are correct, science is not absolute and it is subject to change. That's why I love science. I love science because it is subject to scrutiny and new ideas. Religion is not.

"A religious creed differs from a scientific theory in claiming to embody eternal and absolutely certain truth, whereas science is always tentative, expecting that modification in its present theories will sooner or later be found necessary, and aware that its method is one which is logically incapable of arriving at a complete and final demonstration."

Bertrand Russell, Grounds of Conflict, Religion and Science, 1953.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:39:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"If you thought that science was certain — well, that is just an error on your part."

Richard Feynman (1918-1988).

You are correct, science is not absolute and it is subject to change. That's why I love science. I love science because it is subject to scrutiny and new ideas. Religion is not.


"A religious creed differs from a scientific theory in claiming to embody eternal and absolutely certain truth, whereas science is always tentative, expecting that modification in its present theories will sooner or later be found necessary, and aware that its method is one which is logically incapable of arriving at a complete and final demonstration."

Bertrand Russell, Grounds of Conflict, Religion and Science, 1953.

Incorrect, religion is very much up for scrutiny, i strutinize it myself including Christianity. God isnt. God isnt a religion.
TheAsylum
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:41:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 12:39:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
"If you thought that science was certain — well, that is just an error on your part."

Richard Feynman (1918-1988).

You are correct, science is not absolute and it is subject to change. That's why I love science. I love science because it is subject to scrutiny and new ideas. Religion is not.


"A religious creed differs from a scientific theory in claiming to embody eternal and absolutely certain truth, whereas science is always tentative, expecting that modification in its present theories will sooner or later be found necessary, and aware that its method is one which is logically incapable of arriving at a complete and final demonstration."

Bertrand Russell, Grounds of Conflict, Religion and Science, 1953.

Incorrect, religion is very much up for scrutiny, i strutinize it myself including Christianity. God isnt. God isnt a religion.

But belief in God IS a religion!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 12:45:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 12:41:06 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 8/22/2012 12:39:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
"If you thought that science was certain — well, that is just an error on your part."

Richard Feynman (1918-1988).

You are correct, science is not absolute and it is subject to change. That's why I love science. I love science because it is subject to scrutiny and new ideas. Religion is not.


"A religious creed differs from a scientific theory in claiming to embody eternal and absolutely certain truth, whereas science is always tentative, expecting that modification in its present theories will sooner or later be found necessary, and aware that its method is one which is logically incapable of arriving at a complete and final demonstration."

Bertrand Russell, Grounds of Conflict, Religion and Science, 1953.

Incorrect, religion is very much up for scrutiny, i strutinize it myself including Christianity. God isnt. God isnt a religion.

But belief in God IS a religion!

No..no it isnt not..Im not in church nor follow anyones traditions but God's and I do a poor job at that. God is not a religion. Its a belief. Its faith.
TheAsylum