Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Water on the Moon

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 1:43:19 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
http://en.wikinews.org...

Seems there will now be a huge boom in moon explorations.

What I find ironic is that India can't even give their own population safe drinking water and go off spending millions, maybe billions, finding traces off it on the moon.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 8:00:06 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
It's money well spent because water can be separated into hydrogen and oxygen to make rocket fuel which means the moon can become a staging post to refuel spacecraft en route to the outer planets - although I doubt thirsty peasants from the Sub-Continent would see it that way...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 9:51:55 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
Its more profitable to build things on the moon than to give a bunch of starving kids some food or water.

That, and people will always be starving and thirsty. The only cure is to create loads of death squads that wipe out 50% of the worlds population. That, or a third nuclear world war, centered around china and the middle east.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 7:02:22 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 9/30/2009 9:51:55 AM, tkubok wrote:
Its more profitable to build things on the moon than to give a bunch of starving kids some food or water.

That, and people will always be starving and thirsty. The only cure is to create loads of death squads that wipe out 50% of the worlds population. That, or a third nuclear world war, centered around china and the middle east.

You're a very bad person.

Moving on: http://news.bbc.co.uk...

The US is crashing stuff into the Moon!

I guess in a bid to make sure that Indian satellite's findings were correct, two unmanned spacecraft will be shot into the surface of the Moon, and the debris thrown up will be analyzed. Pretty cool.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 10:38:07 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
The plume is supposed to be something like 6 miles high, so it may possibly be visible to the unaided eye. Sounds cool =D
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 6:28:22 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 10/9/2009 5:08:39 AM, threelittlebirds wrote:
What wont america bomb???

LOL! That's cute!

I have just watched the footage on the news and it wasn't very spectacular but the important thing is to analyse the data from the experiment.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 10:32:27 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 10/9/2009 10:27:17 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/9/2009 5:08:39 AM, threelittlebirds wrote:
What wont america bomb???

Israel. Never ever :P

Haha! That's because there are far more Jewish-American political donors than there are Lunar-American benefactors!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 5:07:38 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 10/9/2009 10:27:17 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/9/2009 5:08:39 AM, threelittlebirds wrote:
What wont america bomb???

Israel. Never ever :P

I wouldn't say never ever. If Palin became President, then she would probably nuke Jerusalem in order to bring about the prophecies told in Revelations!
Leaning
Posts: 817
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2018 4:16:46 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Would we NEED to find water in space right now if we had less people?
Would we be so concerned about global warming if we had less people, and were able to control our negative impacts?

The biggest problem for human survival is other humans.
In the number that we have.
And the fact we are not one society.
That we must live in fear of war and extermination with each other.
That we cannot come to decisions all together.
Humanity would be better off living on a single continent under one government.
Stronn
Posts: 590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2018 6:57:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 3/22/2018 4:16:46 AM, Leaning wrote:
Would we NEED to find water in space right now if we had less people?
Would we be so concerned about global warming if we had less people, and were able to control our negative impacts?

The biggest problem for human survival is other humans.
In the number that we have.
And the fact we are not one society.
That we must live in fear of war and extermination with each other.
That we cannot come to decisions all together.
Humanity would be better off living on a single continent under one government.

Responding to a thread from 8 years ago might be some kind of record here.
Leaning
Posts: 817
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2018 1:08:43 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
9 years ago?
http://www.debate.org...

Not sure it would matter, water being on the Moon. Maybe if we tried to make in habitable for a prison or way to spaceship away from Earth easier.