Jump to topic:

Ardi?

sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 10:48:39 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
The ignorant comments below the story are more entertaining. Ardi, like all fossils, is transitional and a great find. I highly recommend reading the peer review on this one and ignoring the media's attempt to sensationalize it.

http://www.sciencemag.org...
Here are the titles for all 11 articles so anyone can purchase or read at the library. I did the latter. Good stuff.
http://www.sciencemag.org...
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 12:32:23 PM
I find it disheartening that people like the ones who commented on this article are allowed to have their garbage in public view. Granted, there are a few educated responses there, but the amount of ignorance is just... staggering.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 3:18:43 PM
The forbes article is fun, thank you. I do still recommend a review on the Science articles so as to deal with much of the nonsense being spread my the media and Answers in Genesis on this subject.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 12:15:14 PM
At 10/12/2009 6:52:22 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Saw this on the Discovery Channel when it premiered last night. Interesting stuff.

me too... it was pretty cool...

we did not come from chimps... that seems huge.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 12:25:24 PM
At 10/15/2009 12:15:14 PM, comoncents wrote:

You're right, we didn't come from chimpanzees... we came from the common ancestor we share with chimpanzees. That has been the standard idea for many, many years now.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 12:42:59 PM
At 10/15/2009 12:25:24 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 10/15/2009 12:15:14 PM, comoncents wrote:

You're right, we didn't come from chimpanzees... we came from the common ancestor we share with chimpanzees. That has been the standard idea for many, many years now.

support beliefs that humans and chimpanzees evolved separately from a common ancestor.

"This is not an ordinary fossil. It's not a chimp. It's not a human. It shows us what we used to be," said project co-director Tim White, a paleontologist at the University of California, Berkeley.
Researchers are still trying to pinpoint when the two lineages -- chimps and humans -- split from their common ancestor.