Jump to topic:

CAD/CAM software

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 10:30:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm going to be applying to college next year for engineering, and after a recent visit to an engineering company, I realized that I'm not getting near enough experience with CAD/CAM software in school (next to none)(the engineering class absolutely SUCKS!). As a result, I was wondering if anyone could recomend a good program that they use so I can start working with it on my own time.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 11:23:03 PM
AutoCAD is my favorite, also had to use CATIA. If you are going into anything aerospace, Boeing GE, it's all CATIA.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 11:25:05 PM
At 12/2/2012 11:23:03 PM, lewis20 wrote:
AutoCAD is my favorite, also had to use CATIA. If you are going into anything aerospace, Boeing GE, it's all CATIA.

Thanks!

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 9:27:43 AM
I got my experience with AutoCAD. Used that for about 7 years before I shifted careers. It's where my screen name comes from.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 5:57:42 PM
At 12/2/2012 10:30:12 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I'm going to be applying to college next year for engineering, and after a recent visit to an engineering company, I realized that I'm not getting near enough experience with CAD/CAM software in school (next to none)(the engineering class absolutely SUCKS!). As a result, I was wondering if anyone could recomend a good program that they use so I can start working with it on my own time.

There is a company called BOBCAD-CAM they let you down load programs but you can't print things out or use them for anything. But they do let you familiarize yourself with the programs and how they work.

http://www.bobcad.com...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 7:42:05 PM
Thanks, drafter and sadolite!

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 2:15:48 AM
A cad prof I had once was working on a project that was to create a b 17 bomber in catia from specs taken from old blue prints. His team was creating everything down to the rivet from scratch and assembling it in catia. Would be absolutely crazy, he was kind of an odd dude, then again most profs you're going to have are.
I also had a professor oak hah
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler