Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Are black kids as attractive as White kids.

falconduler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 5:28:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Some years ago a group of child psychologists performed that well known experiment commonly referred to as ,the white doll,black doll,experiment.

They started by installing in a typical american classroom [ early grade school level] 32 dolls ;all of equal
value ,all the same size and all dressed exactly the same . All 32 dolls of infants were divided equally in number and equally displayed , with 16 white dolls on one side and sixteen black infant dolls on the other.

The color and race of the dolls being the ONLY difference.

After the dolls were set up ,some 20-30 black students ,all very young girls ,entered the classroom and were told they could go to the front of the room and pick out whatever doll they wished to play with or take home with them.

Almost all of them chose the white dolls . the one or two that picked up the black dolls at first, quickly put them down and went over to the side of the display that contained the white baby dolls and also picked them to play with.

This experiment peeked my interest in studying the aesthetic differences that are perceived by blacks toward white race folk.

And trying to explain why whites are perceived as being nicer looking.

it reminded me of welfare workers in mississippi ,counselling young black females who were promiscous and being told that they hope to have sex with a white boy in order to have a white baby someday or some said a light skin baby.

When the welfare worker asked why ,the black teenager responded ,saying black babies are ugly to look at and defecate too much.

Go figure!
falconduler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 5:51:15 PM
At 12/6/2012 5:32:11 PM, Wnope wrote:
So, not to hot on psychology, are ya?
one of a double majors.
Nidhogg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 7:29:28 PM
At 12/6/2012 5:51:15 PM, falconduler wrote:
one of a double majors.

As Imabench would say:
My bullsh*t detector is going off.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2012 11:46:40 AM
At 12/6/2012 5:28:24 PM, falconduler wrote:
Some years ago a group of child psychologists performed that well known experiment commonly referred to as ,the white doll,black doll,experiment.

They started by installing in a typical american classroom [ early grade school level] 32 dolls ;all of equal
value ,all the same size and all dressed exactly the same . All 32 dolls of infants were divided equally in number and equally displayed , with 16 white dolls on one side and sixteen black infant dolls on the other.

After the dolls were set up ,some 20-30 black students ,all very young girls ,entered the classroom and were told they could go to the front of the room and pick out whatever doll they wished to play with or take home with them.

Almost all of them chose the white dolls . the one or two that picked up the black dolls at first, quickly put them down and went over to the side of the display that contained the white baby dolls and also picked them to play with.

This experiment peeked my interest in studying the aesthetic differences that are perceived by blacks toward white race folk.

it reminded me of welfare workers in mississippi ,counselling young black females who were promiscous and being told that they hope to have sex with a white boy in order to have a white baby someday or some said a light skin baby.

When the welfare worker asked why ,the black teenager responded ,saying black babies are ugly to look at and defecate too much.

Go figure!

Go figure? Not sure what uir driving at.

How can anyone giving u anything but an opinion. I think this topic is silly but i do have an opinion. U knw that there is no right and wrong answer to this. I take that back the right answer is: All babies are beautiful. Those "troubled black teens" u talking about grew up in a way u will never understand. In a way I will never understand. Im willing to bet that if u walk outside grab the first black lady u see and ask that, she give u an ear full.

Why don't u consider the enviornment. That doll expirement u are talkig about: How many commercials do u see on tv promoting black barbies or polly pockets or whatever? I watch tv...not alot. In fact black people aren't really in alot of commercails. And if we are, we usually have some type of afro or some other typical black hair do. While the white person next to them has long golden flowing locks blowing in the breeze lol. Not that I dont like it, but kids are bombarded daily with stereotypically images of black and white people. Also: What type of dolls were they? What school did they go to? What color are there friends? These things all matter.

More importantly some of these children live in black communities that are usually full of other black people. And some of these communities are stuck in poverty. So if I was a 8 year old black kid hungry, bored becuase ai have no toys, not as educated, scared to go outside to play, and i see white peopel on tv all the time living it up. I might say that being white looks more attractive as well.
falconduler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 2:20:54 PM
At 12/7/2012 11:46:40 AM, Df0512 wrote:

Go figure!

How can anyone giving u anything but an opinion. I think this topic is silly but i do have an opinion. U knw that there is no right and wrong answer to this. I take that back the right answer is: All babies are beautiful. Those "troubled black teens" u talking about grew up in a way u will never understand. In a way I will never understand. Im willing to bet that if u walk outside grab the first black lady u see and ask that, she give u an ear full.

Why don't u consider the enviornment. That doll expirement u are talkig about: How many commercials do u see on tv promoting black barbies or polly pockets or whatever? I watch tv...not alot. In fact black people aren't really in alot of commercails. And if we are, we usually have some type of afro or some other typical black hair do. While the white person next to them has long golden flowing locks blowing in the breeze lol. Not that I dont like it, but kids are bombarded daily with stereotypically images of black and white people. Also: What type of dolls were they? What school did they go to? What color are there friends? These things all matter.

More importantly some of these children live in black communities that are usually full of other black people. And some of these communities are stuck in poverty. So if I was a 8 year old black kid hungry, bored becuase ai have no toys, not as educated, scared to go outside to play, and i see white peopel on tv all the time living it up. I might say that being white looks more attractive as well.

why do blacks wish to look like whites ,or whiter . m. jackson ring a bell????
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 2:59:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There's no truth value to the question. Therefore it is meaningless.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 3:08:49 PM
At 12/8/2012 2:20:54 PM, falconduler wrote:

Go figure!

why do whites give themselves butt augmentation to make themselves look more like a black butt.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
falconduler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 3:23:06 PM
At 12/8/2012 3:08:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Go figure!

why do whites give themselves butt augmentation to make themselves look more like a black butt.

a black butt is grotesque.. there are quite a few whites in this country that have indian [us] blood . indians have flat butts so its really a matter of half breeds wanting to look normal.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 8:17:15 AM
At 12/8/2012 3:23:06 PM, falconduler wrote:
At 12/8/2012 3:08:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Go figure!

a black butt is grotesque.. there are quite a few whites in this country that have indian [us] blood . indians have flat butts so its really a matter of half breeds wanting to look normal.

First of all, yoru opinion and black butts are just that, an opinion. There are plenty on people who agree with you and plenty who don"t. U speak as if ur opinion is a fact. Seconf of all, blacks don"t wish they look whiter, Micheal Jackson did. He does not represent the entire black race. Infact you choose one of the craziest black people to prove your point. Im am black and I can say honestly that I have no desire to look white. And your explination on why white popel hav flatt butts is ridiculous. So I want even address it. However , white woman tan to make their skin darker. Some also get lip invections. So there are people on both sides who go to some extremes to change there looks
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 3:44:27 PM

Go figure!

More bull crap coming from the garbage man. Next please. =)
falconduler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 4:40:44 PM
At 12/8/2012 2:59:57 PM, phantom wrote:
There's no truth value to the question. Therefore it is meaningless.

how do you know ?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 7:22:23 AM

That was done mostly in the 1940's by Kenneth and Mamie Clark, and it showed, not a legitimate study as to which was more attractive, but a study on the psychological impact that the racial divide was having on children.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://abagond.wordpress.com...

Go figure!

just lazy trolling
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 11:02:25 AM
The study he references is actually really interesting - and woefully misrepresented. The interpretation of the psychologists at the time was that black children had internalised racist attitudes prevalent in society in the 1940's (which was when the studies were introduced). This was supported by the fact that children who attended segregated schools were more likely to self-hate themselves because of their race.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 1:04:55 PM
At 12/11/2012 10:45:24 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
I don't know, man. I'm pretty attractive.

No female on this site would not vouch for this man.

I can also think of a certain dark-skinned lady on this site who is pretty damn hot.....

But anyway, troll thread is a troll thread.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 1:13:01 PM
At 12/6/2012 7:29:28 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
At 12/6/2012 5:51:15 PM, falconduler wrote:
one of a double majors.

As Imabench would say:
My bullsh*t detector is going off.

beat me to it...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 1:16:00 PM
At 12/11/2012 1:04:55 PM, Oryus wrote:

I can also think of a certain dark-skinned lady on this site who is pretty damn hot.....

Pics? I'm curious what pop looks like.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 1:24:32 PM
At 12/11/2012 1:16:00 PM, Kinesis wrote:

Obviously I was joking, lol.

But...here you go.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 1:26:45 PM
At 12/11/2012 1:24:32 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

But...here you go.

Dayum. Sexy man.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 1:29:08 PM

(*^_^*) Haha, thank you.

Truth.

Truth.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 1:37:20 PM
At 12/11/2012 1:26:45 PM, Kinesis wrote:

But...here you go.

Dayum. Sexy man.

Thank you, sir.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 5:58:17 PM

But...here you go.

Dayum. Sexy man.

Told ya ;)

You cut all your hairs off since last I saw your purty face, pcp!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 6:40:21 PM
At 12/13/2012 5:58:17 PM, Oryus wrote:

But...here you go.

Dayum. Sexy man.

Told ya ;)

Yeah, it was getting wayyyyy long. lol

And you are seriously the 4th girl this week (and 1 guy) who's told me I look "pretty". lol
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 6:43:06 PM
At 12/13/2012 6:40:21 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/13/2012 5:58:17 PM, Oryus wrote:

But...here you go.

Dayum. Sexy man.

Told ya ;)

Yeah, it was getting wayyyyy long. lol

And you are seriously the 4th girl this week (and 1 guy) who's told me I look "pretty". lol

haha Apparently, chicks on birth control prefer guys with boyish good looks... watch out for those progressive chicks :P
:
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 8:38:22 PM

Go figure!

The Fool: Ah Good old America.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 7:04:55 AM
As a man who had three kids, two white and one black, I can speak as one who knows that yes, black kids are as attractive as white kids.

I can also say this as one who knows, I've never seen falconduler, but he's one of the ugliest human beings I've ever encountered.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 12:09:58 PM
I hate psychology.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 11:10:40 PM
Pcp is very pretty! (Not a bad thing at all) I did like the long hair though, I'm weirdly turned on by hair :/

Anyhoo, as aforementioned, troll harder plox.
yang.