Jump to topic:

New, Living Hominin Species Discovered

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 9:53:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Actually, we've known about this one for a while. It turns out that Bigfoot is actually real, and that the Sasquatch species is a hominin species.

http://news.yahoo.com...
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 9:18:47 AM
At 12/12/2012 9:53:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Actually, we've known about this one for a while. It turns out that Bigfoot is actually real, and that the Sasquatch species is a hominin species.

Well the claims are real at least. Lets wait until she publishes her findings before we say bigfoot himself is real. Some scientist have already started to discredit her research but you know, haters gone hate lol.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 1:04:56 PM

Lol melba ketchum is such a quack, it's unbelievable. Her study has yet to be peer reviewed so it doesn't really tell much of anything at this point. Did you know that in one of the original drafts of the paper, she called bigfoot "angels"? She was also recently turned down by a journal when attempting to publish. Her lab has anF from the better business bureau.

Basically, I'll believe it when I see the paper, peer-reviewed, myself. Until then, I have extremely low expectations. I think she's full of sh1t.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 1:09:53 PM
At 12/13/2012 1:04:56 PM, Oryus wrote:

Lol melba ketchum is such a quack, it's unbelievable. Her study has yet to be peer reviewed so it doesn't really tell much of anything at this point. Did you know that in one of the original drafts of the paper, she called bigfoot "angels"? She was also recently turned down by a journal when attempting to publish. Her lab has anF from the better business bureau.

Basically, I'll believe it when I see the paper, peer-reviewed, myself. Until then, I have extremely low expectations. I think she's full of sh1t.

Fvck the paper. I want to see the source of the specimen she analyzed.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 1:29:41 PM
At 12/13/2012 1:09:53 PM, drafterman wrote:

They say it was spit from a blue berry bagel...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 3:11:11 PM

Oh. I feel stupid now :( Apparently a professor at Oxford agrees with her though.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 3:23:39 PM
This would be amazing if true. Still needs to go through peer review and rule out basics like contaminated samples, not hoax, etc.

Think of the fantastic debates on whether it is immoral to eat big foot or not or raise them as pets.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 3:24:43 PM
At 12/13/2012 1:29:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 12/13/2012 1:09:53 PM, drafterman wrote:

They say it was spit from a blue berry bagel...

Lol yeah, that as well as other things. She rarely ever gives a straight answer when asked outright (not helping her case-if it were legit, she shouldn't have anything to hide). But I've heard she has hair, skin, and fat samples as well. She also says that some people regularly interact with bigfoot.... And yet it's existence still strangely has no solid evidence. I wonder why..... Could it be that these people who "regularly interact with bigfoot" were never able to gather a legit sample, photograph, or video or is it that they are probably lying and/or crazy? You know what, damn occams razor- bigfeet are simply interdimensional beings and thats why they are so elusive!! Yes-some of her colleagues actually believe this and have tainted her good non-quack name.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 3:29:07 PM
At 12/13/2012 3:23:39 PM, slo1 wrote:
This would be amazing if true. Still needs to go through peer review and rule out basics like contaminated samples, not hoax, etc.

Think of the fantastic debates on whether it is immoral to eat big foot or not or raise them as pets.

It would definitely be amazing if true. But I'm not about to hold my breath. I believe she also wants to publish the study in conjunction with photos and video of bigfoot..... If you have the genetic evidence, why tarnish the study with shady photos that never were accepted as evidence before? Why would they be acceptable now? Bad evidence is bad evidence. All signs point to quack, unfortunately.
:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 4:04:51 PM
There is no verifiable evidence that Bigfoot exists, but Giants do and have been proven to exist.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 5:11:39 PM
At 12/13/2012 4:04:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
There is no verifiable evidence that Bigfoot exists, but Giants do and have been proven to exist.

With what evidence? Andre the Giant?
:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 5:27:34 PM
At 12/13/2012 5:11:39 PM, Oryus wrote:

10 foot skeletons in Turkey tombs.

http://www.burlingtonnews.net...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 5:31:13 PM
At 12/13/2012 5:27:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

14-16 foot skeletons in Turkey tombs.

*Edit.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 5:44:52 PM
At 12/13/2012 5:31:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/13/2012 5:27:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

14-16 foot skeletons in Turkey tombs.

*Edit.

All I see on this page about bones in turkey is one picture of an unnamed man holding a shovel and a giant femur. When I searched for it, all I could find was this picture with no information on where the femur is or who studied it. There are no studies published on it giving a detailed analysis.... It could easily be a fake in a picture and probably is.

Also, that site is horrendous. It looks like it was designed in 1997.

lol I like this quote from the beginning. Pseudoarchaeologists always love to (poorly) attempt to discredit academia: "Gigantopithecus and Meganthropus are names given to giant hominids found by paleontologists, but since they don't fit very well in the 'proposed' evolutionary chain, they don't get much attention." They get as much attention as they deserve. The only specimens from Gigantopithecus are teeth and it doesn't take very much analysis to discuss the few things we know about it from only it's teeth........ Plus, there are actually numerous papers on it so I don't know where this person gets off saying that they "don't get much attention" and then also saying that they don't get attention because "they don't fit very well in the 'proposed' evolutionary chain" as if scientists ignore things which don't fit into their dogmatic religion of science.... Ugh...... Gee, they're so revolutionary, these pseudoscientists..... hacks...

/rant
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 5:47:50 PM
I'm gonna go with "Gigantism is your best evidence for giants."
:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 6:17:03 PM
At 12/13/2012 5:44:52 PM, Oryus wrote:
All I see on this page about bones in turkey is one picture of an unnamed man holding a shovel and a giant femur.

1. Lie. ONE picture? That picture was surrounded by countless other pictures, I know you saw them.

2. Did you read all 14 pages of evidence in the link?

When I searched for it, all I could find was this picture with no information on where the femur is or who studied it. There are no studies published on it giving a detailed analysis.... It could easily be a fake in a picture and probably is.

Published? Of course not. I'm a conspiracist, don't expect me to think the scientific community is honest.

Also, that site is horrendous. It looks like it was designed in 1997.

So.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 6:32:03 PM
At 12/13/2012 6:17:03 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/13/2012 5:44:52 PM, Oryus wrote:
All I see on this page about bones in turkey is one picture of an unnamed man holding a shovel and a giant femur.

1. Lie. ONE picture? That picture was surrounded by countless other pictures, I know you saw them.

You said bones in Turkey... They had one picture of one "bone" in turkey.
2. Did you read all 14 pages of evidence in the link?

What 14 pages of evidence? Are you referring to the hodgepodge list of various unsourced, vague descriptions of alleged archaeological and paleontological finds? Even wikipedia wouldn't accept that shoddy list as evidence that those things even exist- let alone that they are proof of an ancient species of giants. And I certainly don't take it as evidence either. You'd be wise to do the same.
When I searched for it, all I could find was this picture with no information on where the femur is or who studied it. There are no studies published on it giving a detailed analysis.... It could easily be a fake in a picture and probably is.

Published? Of course not. I'm a conspiracist, don't expect me to think the scientific community is honest.

The scientific community is a hell of a lot more honest than these people. I'm just waiting for mention on here of how the Giants were an extraterrestrial race called the Nefilim from the planet Nibiru. Don't expect me to find a.) photos that could easily be hoaxes, b.) an article and website which screams "scientific illiteracy," and c.) a website which not only presents poor evidence for giants, but then goes on to argue that there was a war between them with a Reptilian race as legitimate source for evidence which "proves" anything. All this site "proves" is that a sucker really is born every minute. At this point, there is more evidence for bigfoot than there is for an ancient race of Giants.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 6:35:36 PM
Oh, what do ya know? Lookee there right on the home page.

NEPHILM by
Immanuel Velikovsky

"Several sources, including The Book of Enoch and Clement of Alexandria (Eclog. Proph. iii. 474, Dindorf ed.) maintain that the Nefilim brought with them much astronomical and technical knowledge which they imparted to mankind.]"

Utter nonsense.
:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 6:48:54 PM
Immsnuel Velikovsky is one of the great scholars of the world. He attended Montpellier, University of Edinberg, and University of Moskow and has been involved with scientific organizations and interfacing with Princeton University.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 7:14:31 PM
At 12/13/2012 6:48:54 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Immsnuel Velikovsky is one of the great scholars of the world. He attended Montpellier, University of Edinberg, and University of Moskow and has been involved with scientific organizations and interfacing with Princeton University.

Appeal to authority, much? He has a degree in psychiatry. He does not have the background to speak authoritatively on astronomy, history, prehistory, or linguistics. The man is using mistranslations of religious texts to support the existence of an extraterrestrial being which comes from a planet, in our solar system, that has somehow eluded us for centuries. Anybody who does not take the bible to be a literal account of history must disregard everything he says about the Nefilim because that is his basis for the fragile house of cards he refers to as "evidence." And even people who take the bible to be a literal account of history need not believe what he says because his translations of the Hebrew bible are blatantly incorrect. His associations with these universities do nothing to support his crap argument.
:
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 7:32:10 PM
Obvious garbage. If there were a Bigfoot we would certainly have found evidence and dead bodies at least after decades if searching. There's simply no way a large breeding population could avoid detection so thoroughly.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 7:35:14 PM
At 12/13/2012 7:32:10 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Obvious garbage. If there were a Bigfoot we would certainly have found evidence and dead bodies at least after decades if searching. There's simply no way a large breeding population could avoid detection so thoroughly.

http://www.torontosun.com...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 7:37:28 PM
At 12/13/2012 7:35:14 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Yes. A rare whale. And where do whales live? In the ocean. Not only the largest biome on Earth, but the one which we have discovered the least of.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 7:39:35 PM
At 12/13/2012 7:37:28 PM, drafterman wrote:

Yes. A rare whale. And where do whales live? In the ocean. Not only the largest biome on Earth, but the one which we have discovered the least of.

Bigfoot, on the other hand, allegedly frequents the distant and remote forests of..... Oklahoma....
:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 7:41:48 PM

Doesn't mean that it is impossible. While the whales are clearly in a better environment for hiding from us, it is illogical to say that it is impossible for a large species to remain hidden. Unlikely, sure, impossible, no.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 7:45:13 PM
At 12/13/2012 7:41:48 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Doesn't mean that it is impossible. While the whales are clearly in a better environment for hiding from us, it is illogical to say that it is impossible for a large species to remain hidden. Unlikely, sure, impossible, no.

The scenarios that allow Sasquatches to exist and remain hidden from us are of such low probability as to not merit consideration.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 7:46:39 PM
At 12/13/2012 7:45:13 PM, drafterman wrote:

The scenarios that allow Sasquatches to exist and remain hidden from us are of such low probability as to not merit consideration.

What is the probability? Please show your math and show where the dividing probability is to where consideration is or is not merited.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 7:53:23 PM
At 12/13/2012 7:46:39 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

What is the probability?

Not enough to merit consideration, let along mathematical calculation.

Please show your math and show where the dividing probability is to where consideration is or is not merited.

The dividing line is my subjective impression.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 8:02:12 PM

What is the probability? Please show your math and show where the dividing probability is to where consideration is or is not merited.

Really though.. Bigfeet are supposed to be huge, dark-haired, hairy, bipedal hominins that would be loud, leave tracks, poop, dead bodies, bite marks on leaves or dead animals or animal bones. They apparently also make loud noises with voices as well. People hunt bigfoot on a regular basis. In Oklahoma, there are about 55 people per square mile.

Do we really believe it is likely that a breeding population of these large creatures could outlast being found, in any possible way, in such a place?
:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 8:33:45 PM
At 12/13/2012 7:53:23 PM, drafterman wrote:

What is the probability?

Not enough to merit consideration, let along mathematical calculation.

So you've no idea on the actual probability, yet you are talking about how small it is. Sounds more like a religious belief than anything scientific.

Please show your math and show where the dividing probability is to where consideration is or is not merited.

The dividing line is my subjective impression.