GOD-vs-ITSELF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 1:56:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
trying to get extra input on a debate I lost

I said
If numbers are infinite no two things can be the same size.

I said 0 is off limits.

Precision limited with Heisenburg UP. My opponent quoted atomic theory I feel like that doesn't seem to account for quarks etc. I feel like if you were to look at the edge if the edge of the edge to a never-ending degree no two things can be the same size. Can everything be characterized as a disequalibrium?
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 1:32:39 PM
Sounds like it was your fault for proposing as truth an idea for which you can't present an argument.

If we assume the objects are in the same relativistic frame of reference to get rid of that problem and have the ability to measure size with infinite precision then we might say it seems unlikely large objects are ever the same size. But unlikely is far from the absolute statement you make.

As we get to the level of atomic and subatomic particles it gets more and more likely things might be exactly the same size. A fundamental property of some elementary subatomic particle could very well be its size. In that case there could be a mind blowing number of things that re all the same size.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 3:45:30 AM
At 12/21/2012 1:32:39 PM, Floid wrote:
Sounds like it was your fault for proposing as truth an idea for which you can't present an argument.

If we assume the objects are in the same relativistic frame of reference to get rid of that problem and have the ability to measure size with infinite precision then we might say it seems unlikely large objects are ever the same size. But unlikely is far from the absolute statement you make.
Bingo.

As we get to the level of atomic and subatomic particles it gets more and more likely things might be exactly the same size. A fundamental property of some elementary subatomic particle could very well be its size. In that case there could be a mind blowing number of things that re all the same size.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush