Jump to topic:

The Self-Aware Universe

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2009 11:56:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
PhD Quantum Physicist, Amit Goswami appeared on Coast to Coast the other day and explained how the Universe is conscious.

"Mystics, contrary to religionists, are always saying that reality is not two things -God and the world- but one thing, consciousness. […] The problem with science has always been that most scientists believe that science must be done within a different monistic framework, one based on the primacy of matter. […] quantum physics showed us that we must change that myopic prejudice of scientists, otherwise we cannot comprehend quantum physics. So now we have science within consciousness, a new paradigm of science based on the primacy of consciousness that is gradually replacing the old materialist science. […] the new paradigm resolves many […] paradoxes of the old paradigm and explains much anomalous data." - Dr. Amit Goswami

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2009 12:02:46 AM
It's true that the definition of matter needs to be revised in light of quantum mechanics, but it doesn't change in any fundamental way.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2009 12:15:55 AM
Primacy of consciousness?

*tries to think a cheeseburger into existence.*

*Does not sate his hunger.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2009 9:27:47 AM
Oh gosh, this reminds me of "What The Bleep Do We Know?"
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2009 11:42:12 PM
At 10/25/2009 8:44:12 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Geo - Out of curiosity, are you a determinist?

I am not a determinist nor, someone who believes everything is random. It is my understanding that there truly is free will, and that everything that happens in the Universe is analogous to a river where everything just flows with the current. Things are determined by what is desired to be experienced. We are all different expressions of the same Infinite Oneness, and things happen in order to fulfill the desired experience.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2009 6:08:44 AM
No, nothing in quantum physics even suggests that the universe is sentient or conscious or anything.

No, none of these supposed "The universe is conscious" theories explain any paradigm or hypothesis or phenomenon, except for the single question of "What is the best method of wasting time, energy and money on the most useless project ever?"