Jump to topic:

Mission to Mars: Would you go?

Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 11:33:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Misson One is planning a mission to mars 2023 and I want to know if you would go. Anyone can apply to be an astrunaut because they will train you the 8 years. But you can't come back. Mars is your new home. Keeping that in mind, if you were preseneted with the opportunity to go, would you?

I sure would. I am married with a kid, and I love em, but I couldn't possibely turn that donw.

http://www.tgdaily.com...
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 11:59:00 AM
At 1/11/2013 11:37:10 AM, drafterman wrote:
If I was single: In a heart-beat.

Yea that is a tough decision. I mean you could be stuck on a planet with all dudes lol. Im sure there will be woman. I wonder if mars one will try and pair the men with the women.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 12:13:35 PM
If I could think up a short, pithy catch-phrase to announce my arrival on a new planet, sure. Why not? Who doesn't wanna live forever?

(If not me, then at least my words...plus, yeah - how friggin' incredible would it be to not only take the space flight, but forge a new frontier on a new planet. A kid is one thing, but even if I were married, I might leave the Mrs. for that one...)
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 4:25:42 PM
I would, if i thought for a second that i had the physical and mental dexterity and level that would be enough to outsurpass the other candidates.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 5:48:31 PM
At 1/11/2013 4:25:42 PM, tkubok wrote:
I would, if i thought for a second that i had the physical and mental dexterity and level that would be enough to outsurpass the other candidates.

Thats is the other thing. Not only do we have to beat out other candidates but we would have to beat out millions of them. I think mental stability will be the hardest part. It not like they are the first people to climb a mountain or something.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 6:37:35 PM
Mission to mars.....BWAAhaahaahaa!!! In 2023 this nation will be in financial ruin. There isn't going to be any money for that crap.There isn't now! 100% of all revenues will be spent on three things. Entitlement programs, defence, which will dwindle at the same rate entitlements increase and the rest will be spent to service the interest on the projected 24 trillion dollar debt in 2023.

Good luck with that Mars thing.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 10:54:08 PM
Did you read about the Russians who had a 17 month flight simulation to Mars? They all become depressed loners who had no motivation to live life anymore.

Count me out.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 11:06:21 PM

hahah Drafterman!!! Don't you remember the discussion about the precarious situation Martians would be in? And all the potential bodily and political problems they would likely face? And it's still worth it to you?

I wouldn't go. I'd love to go to space, but not to be a martian. Moon and back, O.K.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 11:07:40 PM
At 1/11/2013 4:25:42 PM, tkubok wrote:
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 11:14:03 PM
At 1/11/2013 6:37:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
Mission to mars.....BWAAhaahaahaa!!! In 2023 this nation will be in financial ruin. There isn't going to be any money for that crap.There isn't now! 100% of all revenues will be spent on three things. Entitlement programs, defence, which will dwindle at the same rate entitlements increase and the rest will be spent to service the interest on the projected 24 trillion dollar debt in 2023.

You are assuming that neither Rand Paul or Paul Ryan are elected in 2016. This is why your projection -- is not a certainty.

Would I go though? Probably not, as it would mean leaving everyone I know, and everything I have on Earth.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 11:48:56 PM
Would I have DDO access on Mars? Because that would be a total deal breaker.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 12:31:19 AM
At 1/11/2013 11:33:15 AM, Df0512 wrote:
Misson One is planning a mission to mars 2023 and I want to know if you would go. Anyone can apply to be an astrunaut because they will train you the 8 years. But you can't come back. Mars is your new home. Keeping that in mind, if you were preseneted with the opportunity to go, would you?

I sure would. I am married with a kid, and I love em, but I couldn't possibely turn that donw.

http://www.tgdaily.com...

Well, it depends on how many people are coming with me, and whether I get along with them.

That sounds like either the experience of a lifetime or a one-way ticket to Hell.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 8:24:13 AM
At 1/11/2013 11:14:03 PM, Contra wrote:

You are assuming that neither Rand Paul or Paul Ryan are elected in 2016. This is why your projection -- is not a certainty.

Would I go though? Probably not, as it would mean leaving everyone I know, and everything I have on Earth.

"Rand Paul or Paul Ryan are elected in 2016." Oh, your one of those people that think a single man can change the spending habit of Congress. Good luck with that too!!
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 8:52:44 AM
Hell no. If I could go back, hell yes. But living on Mars? No thanks. I love my Earth. Besides, no DDO. How could I live through that?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 9:26:08 AM

Its a private company/. So the nation being in ruin isn't a matter. Although I am a little more optimistic than you. And they already admitted that funding is the biggest hurdle. But they have 8 years to raise the funds. Im sure they will think of a way
Clash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 7:51:39 AM
I would go if it was only in a limited time, because to be in a different planet would really be amazing. However, there is no way I would go if I would have to be there forever. There isn't very much to do in mars. And even if it was, I would never leave the life I have here and my family to go and live in another planet to the day I die. Nevertheless, only some billionaires would be allowed to go to mars anyways.
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 8:34:16 AM

Its a mission to Mars! I dont care what anyone else says.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 2:57:36 PM
At 1/11/2013 10:54:08 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Did you read about the Russians who had a 17 month flight simulation to Mars? They all become depressed loners who had no motivation to live life anymore.

Count me out.

Is I wasted a year-and-a-half of my life in a simulation I would be depressed too. It would be a different story entirely if I was actually going to be the first man on Mars.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 3:40:08 PM
I am surprised so many pele here are for it... It doesn't seem like a very attractive idea to me. Go to Mars where you can do nothing and never be able to go back? No thanks...
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 6:37:24 PM
At 1/13/2013 8:34:16 AM, tmar19652 wrote:

Its a mission to Mars! I dont care what anyone else says.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
rainbowmunkeyz2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2013 11:37:22 PM
Would I? Yeah definitely. Provided, a near indestructible dome, enough oxygen for at least a year or two, aaand older, very intellectual people preferably guys that are come and have amazing forethought. I would also love to try this with the moon and if possible, make an artificial atmosphere so life could exist without aid of oxygen tanks or domes. Obviously there would need to be plants.
rainbowmunkeyz2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2013 11:40:51 PM
Hmm...I would and I just turned 14. Permanent home? Althought that sounds totally awesome if the mission somehow failed and the 'dome' or whatever gave out....We'd all be dead.