More Effective Teleportation...

tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 6:12:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Mathematical Breakthrough Sets out Rules for More Effective Teleportation
Jan. 16, 2013 " For the last ten years, theoretical physicists have shown that the intense connections generated between particles as established in the quantum law of 'entanglement' may hold the key to eventual teleportation of quantum information...."
http://www.sciencedaily.com...

Makes one wonder: if there is really "instantaneous" communication, why is it that a "classical channel" is still required for information to be relayed?
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 8:38:28 PM
At 1/17/2013 6:12:14 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
Jan. 16, 2013 " For the last ten years, theoretical physicists have shown that the intense connections generated between particles as established in the quantum law of 'entanglement' may hold the key to eventual teleportation of quantum information...."

Makes one wonder: if there is really "instantaneous" communication, why is it that a "classical channel" is still required for information to be relayed?

From the way it's described in the article, it appears that the information is instantaneously available, but requires a classical channel for transfer. So, the transfer of information is inhibited only by the speed of the classical channel, rather than the transmission itself.

In other words, the processing is instant, but the uploading takes some time.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 1:53:46 PM
At 1/17/2013 8:38:28 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:

From the way it's described in the article, it appears that the information is instantaneously available, but requires a classical channel for transfer. So, the transfer of information is inhibited only by the speed of the classical channel, rather than the transmission itself.
If it is instantly available, then why do we need FURTHER communication on a classical line? Why not cut out the middle man and just use a classical channel? It wold be just as quick.

Maybe, too bad it cannot be empirically verified to be instantaneous! I say it is not, and it is actually a simple shell game.
WOS
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 7:11:44 PM

Makes one wonder: if there is really "instantaneous" communication,

As we've discussed before, wuantum entanglement doesn't necessarilly mean instantabeous communcation is occurring, it might not be communication that is involved in the phenomenon.

why is it that a "classical channel" is still required for information to be relayed?

It seems to be that the particles need to move apart before you could make use of whatever it is that is happening instantaneously, perhaps that explains the need for a classical channel, to get the entangled particles to each end of the communication.

What makes me wonder is the "More Effective Teleportation" thing, was there a less effective teleportation that I didn't know about?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 1:06:52 PM
At 1/21/2013 7:11:44 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Makes one wonder: if there is really "instantaneous" communication,

As we've discussed before, wuantum entanglement doesn't necessarilly mean instantabeous communcation is occurring, it might not be communication that is involved in the phenomenon.
Well it is a physical process so it has information; that's how it's considered in physics. The thing is that we don't have ACCESS to the information WITHOUT a classical channel.

why is it that a "classical channel" is still required for information to be relayed?
It seems to be that the particles need to move apart before you could make use of whatever it is that is happening instantaneously, perhaps that explains the need for a classical channel, to get the entangled particles to each end of the communication.
Well, the particles are separated by a large distance in order to show that the entanglement effect is non-local and to demonstrate that these 2 are classically isolated from each other. The classical channel is needed so that each end of the experiment can inform the other what they did to the system at their end.

Think of it like this:
(1) We "entangle" 2 Rubik's Cubes and separate them by placing one in NY and the other in LA. This entanglement consists of the fact that the cubes are in the exact same state but are UNOBSERVABLE to the experimenters because they are in their own separate bags; once they are observed, the entanglement is broken.
(2) Additionally, the bags are clearly labeled front, back, top, bottom, left, right and the cubes are in the exact same position within each bag.
(3) A classical channel is set up in the form of text messages that explain the actions performed on the cube.
(4) It was agreed previously that NY begins the experiment because the left coast I mean west coast is slow...they are after all 3 hours behind! NY reaches in the bag WITHOUT looking of course, and blindly performs an action on the cube: R-U2, C-R1 (which means rotate R plane Up twice, rotate Center plane Right once) and then transmits those instructions to LA and they do the same thing.
(5) So on and so forth, they perform actions always informing each other so that the other party does the same thing but NEVER looking at the cubes...
(6) NY then looks at the cube and transmits the results to LA to discover that LA's cube is in the same state!

Wow! Or maybe not.

What makes me wonder is the "More Effective Teleportation" thing, was there a less effective teleportation that I didn't know about?
Well, it's that they have found ways to "recycle" the entangled state so that there is less of a need to have to regenerate entangled pairs and then have to separate them.
WOS
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 9:16:13 AM
At 1/21/2013 1:53:46 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/17/2013 8:38:28 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:

If it is instantly available, then why do we need FURTHER communication on a classical line? Why not cut out the middle man and just use a classical channel? It wold be just as quick.

You see, in order for me to communicate with you, for example, I must first consider everything that I'm going to write. Then, I must translate those thoughts into a language we share. Then, I must type it out, at which point, I can then use a classical channel, in this case, the internet, in order to convey that message to you. Once it's conveyed, you must read and interpret what I've said.

In terms of entanglement, everything is eliminated except the classical channel. No thinking, no translation, no conveyance. Simply, transmission.

Maybe, too bad it cannot be empirically verified to be instantaneous! I say it is not, and it is actually a simple shell game.

Of course it can. If you use a classical channel that moves at a given speed, and a change is communicated between particles at that speed exactly, then the actual information itself was immediately available. Accordingly, if there is no distance between particles, they will exhibit changes simultaneously. This is how it was first observed, and thus, this is why it's considered instantaneous. On the other hand, consider a cellphone. Once you speak into it, the information must be translated into electrical pulses, then that pulse is relayed through a classical channel. Accordingly, no matter how quickly one speaks, transmission through a cell phone will always take at least slightly longer than the duration of the transmission itself.