Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

T- rex

sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 7:20:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If a tyrannosaurus was pushed off of it hind legs on to it's face, how would it get back to standing on it's hind legs again?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 7:59:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
A pterodactyl would help it up.
It's an ecosystem of friends kinda like Anarcho-communism would be.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 8:05:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 8:09:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Magic.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 8:17:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/31/2013 8:09:34 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
Magic.

and communism
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 8:18:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/31/2013 8:17:41 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/31/2013 8:09:34 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
Magic.

and communism

Blasted Commie Dinosaur Magic!
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 8:39:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/31/2013 8:05:34 PM, Oryus wrote:


The video fails miserably at showing how it would right itself They only "presume" that it used it's little arms. If one applies engineering to the dinosaur and it's proportions it is not possible for them to be of any help if pushed all the way to the ground face first. Also in the video they said they most likely used them to steady themselves while "crouching"

Not sufficient

Gonna need some animation with factual engineering principals.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 4:05:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/31/2013 7:20:25 PM, sadolite wrote:
If a tyrannosaurus was pushed off of it hind legs on to it's face, how would it get back to standing on it's hind legs again?

Probably a very similar way that ostrichs penguins, kangaroos do.

These are not plastic moulded toys.
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 3:24:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/31/2013 8:39:29 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/31/2013 8:05:34 PM, Oryus wrote:


The video fails miserably at showing how it would right itself They only "presume" that it used it's little arms. If one applies engineering to the dinosaur and it's proportions it is not possible for them to be of any help if pushed all the way to the ground face first. Also in the video they said they most likely used them to steady themselves while "crouching"

Not sufficient

Gonna need some animation with factual engineering principals.

I don't find the explanation plausible given the sheer number of animal taxa that are perfectly capable of standing upon two legs without any assistance getting up.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:16:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 3:24:58 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 1/31/2013 8:39:29 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/31/2013 8:05:34 PM, Oryus wrote:


The video fails miserably at showing how it would right itself They only "presume" that it used it's little arms. If one applies engineering to the dinosaur and it's proportions it is not possible for them to be of any help if pushed all the way to the ground face first. Also in the video they said they most likely used them to steady themselves while "crouching"

Not sufficient

Gonna need some animation with factual engineering principals.

I don't find the explanation plausible given the sheer number of animal taxa that are perfectly capable of standing upon two legs without any assistance getting up.

Yeah, I had never actually heard that explanation for the arms before I looked it up after seeing this thread.

What is with those arms though... Seriously....
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:36:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/31/2013 7:59:00 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
A pterodactyl would help it up.
It's an ecosystem of friends kinda like Anarcho-communism would be.

No, it would form a legal contract with the pterodactyl to pay one stegosaurus leg to help it up. Otherwise the pterodactyl wouldn't have a financial incentive to help the t-rex. lrn to economics bro.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 9:03:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 4:27:06 PM, Maikuru wrote:
http://www.adamtglass.com...

This is what I saw that made me ask the question
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 2:28:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/31/2013 7:20:25 PM, sadolite wrote:
If a tyrannosaurus was pushed off of it hind legs on to it's face, how would it get back to standing on it's hind legs again?

a) why do you presume that it could?

b) how would it get pushed offf it's hind legs?
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 7:24:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 2:28:44 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 1/31/2013 7:20:25 PM, sadolite wrote:
If a tyrannosaurus was pushed off of it hind legs on to it's face, how would it get back to standing on it's hind legs again?

a) why do you presume that it could?

UM, that is why I asked the question

b) how would it get pushed offf it's hind legs?

UH... maybe ambushed from behind? You know animals hunt each other and eat each other. Pretty sure upon available evidence it was no different for predatory dinosaurs. But then again considering your questions why would I presume there were even dinosaurs or anything else for that matter. For all we know this is all just a dream and we are all just pieces of lead paint from the sixties flaking off walls in a time warp.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 7:31:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 2:28:44 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 1/31/2013 7:20:25 PM, sadolite wrote:
If a tyrannosaurus was pushed off of it hind legs on to it's face, how would it get back to standing on it's hind legs again?

a) why do you presume that it could?

Gravity.
b) how would it get pushed offf it's hind legs?

Triceratops.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Franz_Reynard
Posts: 1,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 8:16:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 7:36:46 PM, drafterman wrote:
How do chickens get up when they fall over?

3 second rule.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 8:18:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 7:36:46 PM, drafterman wrote:
How do chickens get up when they fall over?

I have lots of chickens. They actually lay on their side in the sun. They just roll.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 5:12:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Can you not get on your feet without using your arms?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 6:24:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 4:16:39 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 3:24:58 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 1/31/2013 8:39:29 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/31/2013 8:05:34 PM, Oryus wrote:


The video fails miserably at showing how it would right itself They only "presume" that it used it's little arms. If one applies engineering to the dinosaur and it's proportions it is not possible for them to be of any help if pushed all the way to the ground face first. Also in the video they said they most likely used them to steady themselves while "crouching"

Not sufficient

Gonna need some animation with factual engineering principals.

I don't find the explanation plausible given the sheer number of animal taxa that are perfectly capable of standing upon two legs without any assistance getting up.

Yeah, I had never actually heard that explanation for the arms before I looked it up after seeing this thread.

What is with those arms though... Seriously....

I would imagine they're mostly vestigial.