Jump to topic:

Magick Q&A

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:02:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I started just making a whole monologue about it, like I usually do with things. But I was having trouble focusing. So I created a Q&A instead.

Here's the jist of it. Magick is real. K? K. That's occult magick, not magic practiced on a stage.

It has real observable effects. It is not contrary to science. It is more proper to understand it with certain language, rather than in normal scientific and literal terms. This is where the majority of the confusion arises.

Ask me questions.

You are going to misunderstand every one of my answers. But that doesn't mean you won't actually learn about the truth of magick.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:05:14 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:02:21 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I started just making a whole monologue about it, like I usually do with things. But I was having trouble focusing. So I created a Q&A instead.

Here's the jist of it. Magick is real. K? K. That's occult magick, not magic practiced on a stage.

It has real observable effects. It is not contrary to science. It is more proper to understand it with certain language, rather than in normal scientific and literal terms. This is where the majority of the confusion arises.

Ask me questions.

You are going to misunderstand every one of my answers. But that doesn't mean you won't actually learn about the truth of magick.

How does one go about practicing magick?

Please include in your explanation some examples of magickal endeavors.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:20:20 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:05:14 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:

With the use of symbols, rituals and will.

The experienced yogi employs a powerful form of magick in their meditations.

I have acquired hidden knowledge through the act of automatic writing which I set up by putting myself into a trance through ritual exercises that I can't go into.

Through more simple tricks, I often insert thoughts into people's minds without them knowing. I have verifiably tested that I succeeded in ways, including asking someone to think of an animal, inserting a bear into their mind, having them tell me and then presenting my prediction. This comes off as a form of mind reading.

I have magickally "charged" symbols that were created through a certain ritual. These symbols appear to have certain attributes that transfer into the real world.

These are a few things among many.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:34:21 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:20:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Do all symbols work, or are they specific symbols? What are the characteristics of these symbols that grant them their magickal value? Are they part of a given alphabet?

I have acquired hidden knowledge through the act of automatic writing which I set up by putting myself into a trance through ritual exercises that I can't go into.

Through more simple tricks, I often insert thoughts into people's minds without them knowing. I have verifiably tested that I succeeded in ways, including asking someone to think of an animal, inserting a bear into their mind, having them tell me and then presenting my prediction. This comes off as a form of mind reading.

I have magickally "charged" symbols that were created through a certain ritual. These symbols appear to have certain attributes that transfer into the real world.

This is terribly vague. The only real information that you've provided is the implantation of thoughts or concepts, so I suppose I'll have to work with that.

How do you transmit these thoughts? Does it require that you're physically around these people? Is there a classical medium through which the thought travels?

Why are you wary of sharing rituals?

Diverging a little bit...

...can you sense energies? If so, in what way? Do they conform to spatial dimensions (sizes, shapes, etc.)? Does this apply to incorporeal entities? Or, stated another way, energies that exist freely and exhibit some degree of, perhaps, sentience or consciousness? Details.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:37:51 PM

So how am I going to know if I wanted to post this or if freedo put the thought in my mind? Maybe I shouldn't post it... There's no more free will is there...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:41:42 PM
Bacon is a form of magick.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:45:17 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:34:21 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
Do all symbols work, or are they specific symbols?

All symbols work towards their given ends.

What are the characteristics of these symbols that grant them their magickal value?

The nature of language.

Are they part of a given alphabet?

Yes.

This is terribly vague.

Terribly.

How do you transmit these thoughts?

By speaking them on a different level.

Does it require that you're physically around these people?

No. In fact, spells can and often do last long after you're dead.

Is there a classical medium through which the thought travels?

There are many.

I am wary of how I share them.

...can you sense energies?

Yes.

If so, in what way?

In no other ways than you can. In many other ways than you do.

Do they conform to spatial dimensions (sizes, shapes, etc.)?

Not always.

Does this apply to incorporeal entities?

Yes.

Details.

Not yet.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:47:01 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:41:42 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Bacon is a form of magick.

That's funny for even more reasons than you're aware.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:48:47 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:37:51 PM, lewis20 wrote:
So how am I going to know if I wanted to post this or if freedo put the thought in my mind? Maybe I shouldn't post it... There's no more free will is there...

Magick is the only way I've known truly free will.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:52:29 PM
Interesting forum choice....
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:57:09 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:52:29 PM, Oryus wrote:

My first choice was health but I change my mind.

I do that a lot. The changing of my mind...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:58:11 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:53:32 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I spoke with language once; I never heard that.

Oh, you and all your nots.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 12:03:14 AM
At 2/7/2013 11:45:17 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/7/2013 11:34:21 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
Do all symbols work, or are they specific symbols?

All symbols work towards their given ends.

What are the characteristics of these symbols that grant them their magickal value?

The nature of language.

Are they part of a given alphabet?

Yes.

This is terribly vague.

Terribly.

How do you transmit these thoughts?

By speaking them on a different level.

Does it require that you're physically around these people?

No. In fact, spells can and often do last long after you're dead.

Is there a classical medium through which the thought travels?

There are many.

I am wary of how I share them.

...can you sense energies?

Yes.

If so, in what way?

In no other ways than you can. In many other ways than you do.

Do they conform to spatial dimensions (sizes, shapes, etc.)?

Not always.

Does this apply to incorporeal entities?

Yes.

Details.

Not yet.

Well, since you're not willing to give details, I'm going to share my little bit of weirdness as it applies to this subject.

I've always been able to, er... "sense" energies. It's a weird sensation, something like tingling, but not really. Proximity is a must, and it becomes more acute the better I know a person. I can tell when people are lying, their general mood, fluctuating emotions... the size of the field they're emitting, the general state of that field (I often get "static," which indicates some sort of unrest or instability)...

I can sense danger, when someone is behind me...

Most people can do this to some degree, as I notice that people can tell when they're being looked at.

Well, this is all akin to that "being watched" feeling.

I can also hear televisions on mute (they emit a strange, high-pitched sound), I can tell when something alive is in the general area, and I can tell when there are appliances on in a kitchen, even when none of them are being engaged.

The most difficult aspect of this is feeling the full range of emotions people experience in reaction to me. Miscommunication is soooo common, so typical, and to actually realize this is rather torturous. People bounce from admiration to hatred and back all the time, and it's daunting.

I've also... er... "noticed" free-roaming, perhaps conscious energies...

It's...

...weird. It's been decades, and I'm still not sure I fully believe it. But, if they're real, some are rather dangerous.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 12:05:04 AM
At 2/8/2013 12:03:14 AM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
Well, since you're not willing to give details, I'm going to share my little bit of weirdness as it applies to this subject.

I've always been able to, er... "sense" energies. It's a weird sensation, something like tingling, but not really. Proximity is a must, and it becomes more acute the better I know a person. I can tell when people are lying, their general mood, fluctuating emotions... the size of the field they're emitting, the general state of that field (I often get "static," which indicates some sort of unrest or instability)...

Most people can do this to some degree, as I notice that people can tell when they're being looked at.

I can also hear televisions on mute (they emit a strange, high-pitched sound), I can tell when something alive is in the general area, and I can tell when there are appliances on in a kitchen, even when none of them are being engaged.

The most difficult aspect of this is feeling the full range of emotions people experience in reaction to me. Miscommunication is soooo common, so typical, and to actually realize this is rather torturous. People bounce from admiration to hatred and back all the time, and it's daunting.

It's...

...weird. It's been decades, and I'm still not sure I fully believe it. But, if they're real, some are rather dangerous.

All these things are valid and have nothing to do with the supernatural.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 12:09:12 AM
At 2/8/2013 12:03:53 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/7/2013 11:58:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:

I think you mean as nots.

You take that back. Nots aren't even that mean.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 12:11:02 AM
At 2/8/2013 12:09:12 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/8/2013 12:03:53 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/7/2013 11:58:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:

I think you mean as nots.

You take that back. Nots aren't even that mean.

That is correct.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 12:31:49 AM
Derren Brown is a great way to start people off in this thread. This whole episode is perfect.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 7:20:37 AM
At 2/7/2013 11:02:21 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Ask me questions.

Self taught?

By observable effects, you mean observable by you, or other's too?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 7:28:39 AM

OK, automatic writing is how you learned then, that still raises the question of whether or not it was self taught. Who put the automatic in the writing, you, or somebody from the other side, so to speak?

Hmmm...so you can effect people's free will? Did the automatic writing tell you that's OK to do?

Can I presume this ability means you do particularly well with the ladies?

By charged symbols, do you mean physical objects, are you talking about a talisman?

"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 7:31:34 AM
At 2/7/2013 11:48:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/7/2013 11:37:51 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Magick is the only way I've known truly free will.

Your free will is only truly free when it violates other people's free will?
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 7:32:20 AM
At 2/7/2013 11:57:09 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/7/2013 11:52:29 PM, Oryus wrote:

My first choice was health but I change my mind.

I do that a lot. The changing of my mind...

And you can change other people's mind too?
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 7:34:27 AM
At 2/8/2013 12:05:04 AM, FREEDO wrote:

It's...

All these things are valid and have nothing to do with the supernatural.

So you are now making a distnction between validity and the supernatural? Given everything else you've said, isn't that self refuting?
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 7:37:32 AM
At 2/8/2013 12:31:49 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Derren Brown is a great way to start people off in this thread. This whole episode is perfect.

You are self refuting again, Derren Brown self admittedly performs magic, not magick.

So why is that a great way to start people off in this thread?
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 9:20:37 AM

It's...

This, all the time. It's an irritating faint noise, but it's there. I don't think it's connected to the sensing energies thing, tho, I've never been able to do that, or at least noticed I am capable of it. Were you born with this?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 9:35:28 AM
Please transmit an image into my mind. If no such image occurs, we will stop. If an image does come into my mind, I will post seven things and you will select the one that you transmitted to me.

Is this possible using your magic?
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 10:13:12 AM
At 2/8/2013 9:20:37 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

It's...

This, all the time. It's an irritating faint noise, but it's there. I don't think it's connected to the sensing energies thing, tho, I've never been able to do that, or at least noticed I am capable of it. Were you born with this?

By "energies" he means the little natural hints he picks up and then analyses. Nothing supernatural about it.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush