Jump to topic:

Napoleonic Character?

suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 4:18:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not character of Napoleon, of course. I am not a westerner myself so sometime I am not understand what does it mean when somebody refers someone of having "Napoleonic air". My understanding is that the person is quite strict, conservative, and have a very strong sense of hierarchy like how Napoleon or Duke of Wellington would never speak of people of lower status (i.e. servant) but prefer to write down order when they have a need to communicate.

Is that right? can somebody provide any further detail on how this suppose to mean?
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 4:38:50 AM
Generally, Napoleon is characterized as someone who overcompensates for a physical deficiency (such as short stature). "Napoleon complex" is a supposed mental disorder where men with a slight physique act excessively aggressive, so as to satisfy the psychological void of their small-ness.

In reality, Napoleon was of average height, and was one of the greatest men who ever lived. It's likely that Napoleon was propelled by the love of glory rather than his stature. Vive l'Empereur. Voila la soleil d'Austerlitz.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 4:50:24 AM
Dmm, wrong section i intended to post it on "Society" not "Science"

Anyway I appreciated your answer, thanks a lot!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 4:50:55 AM
At 3/22/2013 4:50:24 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
Dmm, wrong section i intended to post it on "Society" not "Science"

Anyway I appreciated your answer, thanks a lot!

No problem! Vive l'Empereur!
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.