Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Is Tuvalu Sinking?

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 8:36:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
One of the many global warming alarmist's claims is that Tuvalu will soon be under the sea. But is that true?

Before we get into the evidence, it is important to remember that Tuvalu is very poor and unindustrialized. It is one of the poorest countries in Oceania, and even in anywhere in the world. It is just a small, remote place with limited fresh water and limited job opportunities.

Now on to the evidence. Even though enviromentalists claim it is sinking, since 1993, the TOPEX/POSIDEON satellite radars found that Tuvalu's sea levels have fallen four inches in a decade. Modern tide gages show that the strong El Nino in 1997-98 dropped Tuvalu's sea level by about one foot.[1]

Instead of rising sea levels, it appears the island chain is sinking because the islanders have been excavating sand for building projects, thereby giving the impression that the sea had risen. This excavation has caused flooding in never before seen places, further giving the impression of a sinking island chain.[1][2]

Why are environmentalists and Tuvalu's government saying otherwise? The former is basically trying to salavage what's left of their now dead theory. The latter is looking for financial gain, hoping to get reparations from the industrial countries that are "causing" their "sinking", and also hoping to move their citizens to the more affluent parts of Oceania.[1]

The next time environmentalists tell you Tuvalu is sinking, make sure they know why it's sinking.

[1]: Singer, S. Fred and Dennis T. Avery. Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years.
[2]: Baliunas, S. and W. Soon, "Is Tuvalu Really Sinking?" Pacific Magazine, February 2002.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 4:28:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The phonic equivalent of "Tuval", in ancient Hebrew means sink, or more accurately dip.
Elders of Zion conspiracy.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein , ,