Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 9:10:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 10:26:59 PM
I really don't get the point he's trying to make.

"I shot my cat in the face. Are you saying that it could become a live cat again?"
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 10:28:02 PM
At 4/3/2013 10:26:59 PM, Oryus wrote:

"I shot my cat in the face. Are you saying that it could become a live cat again?"

He's wack.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 10:31:06 PM
At 4/3/2013 9:43:22 PM, Wnope wrote:
This being one of the founders of the Discovery Institute.

Is it ignorance or intellectual dishonesty? Hard to tell.

Nothing including the word "intellectual" can be used to describe that man. It's the former.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 10:50:46 PM
At 4/3/2013 10:26:59 PM, Oryus wrote:

He has a salt-and-pepper beard and an unnecessarily large pair of glasses. Your so called 'logic' is irrelevant.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 7:23:45 AM
The only point he is making is that as far as life is concerned structure matters, well duh. There are plenty of biogenesis theories about how membranes could have been formed, he has no point at all.

Given his agenda, it also seems like a rather self defeating argument, his only point is that once you kill a living thing it won't come back to life. You could make an equivalent argument using the exact same "logic" that asserts that if you hang a person on a cross, stab him in the side with a spear, and he dies, you can wait three days and he won't come back to life.

Somehow I doubt that is the point he wants to make.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 5:00:24 PM
Doesnt even measure in the ignorence meter compared to this:
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 5:03:47 PM
At 4/4/2013 5:00:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
Doesnt even measure in the ignorence meter compared to this:

Hey, it's his job to represent the people.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 5:18:12 PM
This video was much tamer than the title suggests. At the very least, it's an interesting point to consider. His arguments begs the question as to what the missing pieces are between the circumstances required for abiogenesis to occur and this test-tube experiment.

Obviously it's a little silly to suggest that abiogenesis is impossible simply because a cell in a comfortable temperature and pH level won't miraculously heal itself when punctured, but it's not even the worst argument I've heard against abiogenesis, let alone the most ignorant thing I've heard ever period.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 5:29:57 PM
And another strike for creationists.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross